• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#1 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 27 April 2016 - 13:11

Reports claim he won't finalise until poch commits his future by signing new deal

#2 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend
  • Group: Banned

Posted 27 April 2016 - 13:19

View PostParklaner, on 27 April 2016 - 13:11, said:

Reports claim he won't finalise until poch commits his future by signing new deal

poch wouldn't have a bought a house so near the lodge if he wasn't staying !!

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 13:35

the guy has to live somewhere but i hope your right mate. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 April 2016 - 14:40

View Postold grey yid, on 27 April 2016 - 13:19, said:

poch wouldn't have a bought a house so near the lodge if he wasn't staying !!

That was my thoughts ogy I heard he had bought a home close to the training complex 👍🏼

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 27 April 2016 - 14:43

Lets just hope than its all for the right reasons, i really do hope so. :dancing:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#6 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2016 - 14:55

I get that if true but I also hope and pray that a lack of a striker does not cost us a top 4 slot which would impact on both Eriksen and obviously Pochettino staying.

#7 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 27 April 2016 - 15:20

View PostThiscouldbeouryear, on 27 April 2016 - 14:55, said:

I get that if true but I also hope and pray that a lack of a striker does not cost us a top 4 slot which would impact on both Eriksen and obviously Pochettino staying.

if you choose to commit suicide may I suggest you use a six shooter as your so fecking negative you'd think of ways that 5 shots wouldn't work !!.

you dismissed the Europa.. another chance of ecl football for your preferred all out assault on the league !.. now your worried we wont get 4th... pathetic.

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 27 April 2016 - 17:44

I for one think that what ever comp we are in it should be played to win and always the strongest team possible fielded, other wise if you field weakened teams (purposely keeping your best back for a different comp)then why are you in it in the first place, GO TO WIN EVERYTHING, its no good going in half hearted, if you think you are beaten then you are. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#9 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 April 2016 - 18:56

e

#10 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2016 - 23:02

View Postold grey yid, on 27 April 2016 - 15:20, said:

if you choose to commit suicide may I suggest you use a six shooter as your so fecking negative you'd think of ways that 5 shots wouldn't work !!.

you dismissed the Europa.. another chance of ecl football for your preferred all out assault on the league !.. now your worried we wont get 4th... pathetic.

Some people even dismiss the Champions League to concentrate on the Premier League, to ensure we qualify again for the Champions League. Crazy really

#11 User is offline   old grey yid 

• spurs legend

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:13

View Postgriff, on 27 April 2016 - 23:02, said:

Some people even dismiss the Champions League to concentrate on the Premier League, to ensure we qualify again for the Champions League. Crazy really

Context of how its said is everything!!.. if you cant understand that then you shouldnt really be making silly statements.
Tcboy has also said he'd throw the champions league next season in favour of the league but it was also in context of the conversation.
Armchair has also said we should we can win every thing we compete in but has also stated we cant/wont win the league under poch!..
If you dont understand what i meant about the champions league being a "cash cow " qualification.. just getting into the
Group stages will give you a 40 mil windfall !.that doesnt include tv revenue nor results prize money based on points gained then round by round.
So!!.. ( in context) lets say weve got in the ecl next season.. gauranteed loads of dosh!.. weve got no chance of winning it so play our youth / reserves so we can go for the league/ league cup/ fa cup.. thus a better chance of ending up top4 again for all that lovely wonga once again... in context of course!.
Crazy ahh... answer on the back of a stamp will do !.

#12 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:24

e

#13 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:11

View Postold grey yid, on 28 April 2016 - 04:13, said:

Context of how its said is everything!!.. if you cant understand that then you shouldnt really be making silly statements.
Tcboy has also said he'd throw the champions league next season in favour of the league but it was also in context of the conversation.
Armchair has also said we should we can win every thing we compete in but has also stated we cant/wont win the league under poch!..
If you dont understand what i meant about the champions league being a "cash cow " qualification.. just getting into the
Group stages will give you a £40 mil windfall !.that doesnt include tv revenue nor results prize money based on points gained then round by round.
So!!.. ( in context) lets say weve got in the ecl next season.. gauranteed loads of dosh!.. weve got no chance of winning it so play our youth / reserves so we can go for the league/ league cup/ fa cup.. thus a better chance of ending up top4 again for all that lovely wonga once again... in context of course!.

I ought to make myself more clear OGY... I (currently) believe that ANY club, when playing in a competition, should be in it to win it, regardless of the chances of doing so. I also believe that a team should make every effort to win a league game even if that team is safe from relegation and has no chance of gaining a European spot. As long as Tottenham are mathematically capable of winning the league then of course we can do so. My heart has always said that we can do so (and have expressed that), but my head has said that under Poch we won't (and I've said that too). Yes, my comments have been contradictory, that is true, but that is because, as the season goes on, I've changed my mind - more than once!

#14 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:06

Group stages will give you a £40 mil windfall !.that doesnt include tv revenue nor results prize money based on points gained then round by round.

Why would we have no chance of winning it? Look how far we got a few years ago and our team then, Bale especially, performed really well. Look at Leicester! Look at us this season, who would have thought we would have been challenging for 1st place. If for example we had a Wednesday night draw against Dortmund and on the following Saturday we had Watford at the Lane ,I would play the full team against Dortmund and possibly a few second stringers against Watford. Any way the real point is to ensure we have at least 18 or so of our 25 man squad all as equally capable of performing in the 1st team. Some will say they will not like sitting on the bench but there are more than enough games to go around. I like the mentality of the players we have this season. Some have or are due to sign new contracts, Eriksen,Verts,s Kane for example.They could easily earn far more money elsewhere but they have signed on again. They believe in Poch ,see where he is taking the club, believe in our future and clearly want to stay. Hopefully Poch and Mitchell are looking for players of similar character for the next transfer window. Wimmer for example, a player who bided his time ,not even on the bench that often, and then took his chance when Verts was out. I would not say the team was weaker with him in it. He is unlucky now because we have no cup games , only league ones. What we need to do now is get midfielders/attackers who, like Wimmer, will not weaken the team when they get in. If we do this we will,next season be able to fight on more than the league front. Poch and Mitchell have,I believe, identified their targets. Now the ball is in Daniel Levy's court. I have stated previously that we should abandon the Europa to keep our league hopes alive but the Champions League is different. We have tried for so long to get there and we should not put it into second place after the Premiership, let's get a squad to perform in both. I also want the FA cup, it's the competition that has,in the past ,given us so many great things to shout about, we need that again.

#15 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 April 2016 - 15:50

Group stages will give you a 40 mil windfall !.that doesnt include tv revenue nor results prize money based on points gained then round by round.

So much for AUDERE EST FACERE hey? Also,I hate exclamation marks.

#16 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:51

So can we assume there is a verbal agreement in place soon to be signed by Poch that Erikssen will now also sign on the dotted line? I hope so. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#17 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 May 2016 - 22:08

Huth and Fellaini have been charged with violent conduct.God help our boys.

#18 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 May 2016 - 22:16

View Postgriff, on 03 May 2016 - 22:08, said:

Huth and Fellaini have been charged with violent conduct.God help our boys.

LOL I can see more youth getting a game lol

#19 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 June 2016 - 18:34

Eriksen's agent has been quoted saying he wants to get Christian out of Spurs because of work permit issues following the EU referendum

He also stirs the pot further by claiming eriksen isn't happy at Spurs & doesn't receive the respect he deserves & claims his client good enough to play for any of the top clubs in Europe

Well if I'm honest my first reaction is if one of these top clubs rock up with top club money & offer a large fee I'd seriously consider taking it obviously we would have to have replacements identified but eriksen is so frustrating throughout the season only turning up every three-four games
Eriksen is a good quality player & not really the type we would want to lose but also not good enough to have sulking around IF any of this agent s*** is true

#20 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 June 2016 - 19:38

I'd swap him out for 35m+ and replace him with Coric and Payet :niceone:

Otherwise I wouldn't want to be losing key men like him. I feel we would be missing something in certain games with Lamela and Ali in front of Wanyama, Dier, Dembele.

Having said that that's uber dominant and people like Wilshire would be knocked about like bitches.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

Share this topic:

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users