Posted 25 June 2016 - 20:06

e

#22 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 June 2016 - 20:12

View PostParklaner, on 24 June 2016 - 18:34, said:

Eriksen's agent has been quoted saying he wants to get Christian out of Spurs because of work permit issues following the EU referendum

He also stirs the pot further by claiming eriksen isn't happy at Spurs & doesn't receive the respect he deserves & claims his client good enough to play for any of the top clubs in Europe

Well if I'm honest my first reaction is if one of these top clubs rock up with top club money & offer a large fee I'd seriously consider taking it obviously we would have to have replacements identified but eriksen is so frustrating throughout the season only turning up every three-four games
Eriksen is a good quality player & not really the type we would want to lose but also not good enough to have sulking around IF any of this agent s*** is true

I thought Erkisen had a poor season until I looked at his stats, he is second in the assists ranking In the premier league , only behind Ozil .Other spurs players like Lamela and Alli were nowhere near them.

#23 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:41

Eriksen has sufficient caps to get a work permit. The main type of player not to get a work permit are players like N'jie. Clubs in this country can forget about buying players who have no or insufficient caps or little known players. This might stop Chelsea's scatter buying policy and the loaning of players out straight away.However, rules can be changed.

#24 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 June 2016 - 16:56

Eriksens Twitter has said his agent chatting about EU is total b******s. Paper talk.

Can we still get Bazoer, Coric and Payet though? :lmao:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#25 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2016 - 00:46

Eriksen would get a work permit in an instant! Agent talks to get a new contract. Agents say stuff to gain leverage. Simple!

#26 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:38

have a feeling he's not signing a new contract. Definitely feel of our "name" players that were here when Poch arrived he's the one still here that has bought into Poch the least, possibly because he's playing on the left rather than just behind Kane.

#27 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:39

View PostSpurs scout, on 25 June 2016 - 20:12, said:

I thought Erkisen had a poor season until I looked at his stats, he is second in the assists ranking In the premier league , only behind Ozil .Other spurs players like Lamela and Alli were nowhere near them.

Nowhere near is a bit harsh - Eriksen was 2nd highest and Alli and Eriksen were both joint 8th. Remember Eriksen takes vast majority of set pieces whilst Lamela only takes a few and Alli takes none. Eriksen's season wasn't dreadful but it was inconsistent and for him to realise his potential he's got to stand up and be counted more often.

#28 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:15

I think you are probably right tomtom about Eiksen and buying into Pochettino.

As a creative player though I don't want to see him running around chasing, instead I want him central-ish dictating play. We all see he is a huge talent, but the anonymity he shows in games is frustrating. As he is entering the start of the peak years, he needs to make the step up to consistently influence games and he really could become a proper legend. :praying:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#29 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 July 2016 - 19:04

Rumours he's rejected his new contract but remains keen to stay at Spurs but feels he should be brought into line with our top earners ?

My opinion is try & keep him by offering improved terms but he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near Kane because he hasn't produced the consistency Harry has, I like eriksen I rate the lad but he's not top/world class ie modric etc & with alli lamela N'koudou Edwards plus any other incoming attacking players he could struggle to hold down his starting place unless he starts producing his best a lot more often

#30 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 July 2016 - 22:00

same article claimed Kane was on £50K, Lloris our top earner on 80K and Lamela on 70K, Dembele 65K whilst Eriksen is currently on £30K

Not sure how legit the numbers are. I was previously told Lamela was on 30-40k though I believe Kane and Hugo figures could well be accurate.

Eriksen does deserve to be on parity with players like Dembele and Lamela though if he really is on half the wages they are. I can't believe Levy would risk him going into this season without a few more years on his contract, he's one of our biggest names and whilst I feel he's not here for the long haul we should be able to demand good money for him next season if we extend the contract now.

I'd give him 60k and put in a £90M buy out clause.

#31 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 30 July 2016 - 00:02

e

#32 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 July 2016 - 18:02

View PostYidio Yidio, on 30 July 2016 - 00:02, said:

He should be on the same as Dembo, he does have a point if he's being offered less than 70k tbh.

What's your views on Eriksen re Walker and time to sell etc?

would you sell?

#33 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 July 2016 - 19:27

e

#34 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 July 2016 - 19:39

What if someone tables a £30-50m offer in this window for Eriksen though? - enough to be tempted?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#35 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 31 July 2016 - 20:01

View PostMr. Greaves, on 31 July 2016 - 19:39, said:

What if someone tables a £30-50m offer in this window for Eriksen though? - enough to be tempted?

If we had a like-for-like replacement, yes. But seeing as we don't....

I get infuriated by him. Sometimes appears to be the real deal, at other times goes missing.

#36 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 July 2016 - 21:00

View PostMr. Greaves, on 31 July 2016 - 19:39, said:

£30m - no

£50m - probably yes. But would it be worth it if a replacement comes in and doesn't hit the ground running? Like modric/dembele and bale/lamela, although they have shown their worth now.

Read that only 4 players in the top 5 leagues made more assists than eriksen last season. Could we get anyone for around the £30m mark who can match his level, I'm not too sure.

For me, although eriksen is a top player, he's very inconsistent. It feels like there's that tiny thing missing, I'm just waiting until it really clicks for him; if it does I think he could really kick on to the level of one of the best AMs in the world.

#37 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 July 2016 - 21:08

Kovacic and Coric would sway me.

At £40m. Or in other words would I swap him out for Mahrez or Payet?

Not default at a wanting to sell Eriksen position!

#38 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 July 2016 - 21:21

e

#39 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 July 2016 - 21:31

e

#40 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 31 July 2016 - 21:42

View PostYidio Yidio, on 31 July 2016 - 21:21, said:

In our strongest starting eleven Eriksen plays left, although often floats inside trying to link things up. Our strongest 3 are him, Alli and Lama, Son is played right or central and it's only really Chadli that plays left although he did so less often last season. In fact it's quite odd that to my memory I can't remember any other fringe players getting much time on the left, Onamah, Carroll, Mason, Son even Townsend was thought of as playing more on the right.

I've kept on mentioning Berahino, partly because I think we could do with someone who is at least more familiar playing left, and that's where I saw him play mostly the season before last. Funny really because I didn't want him when we went in for him, thought he was expensive, and imo, he was at the time. This silly summer it doesn't look so bad if he was £20m although the talked about £25m still looks steep.

We don't have any obvious left sided back-up for Eriksen, and I think Eriksen wants to play central, yet I believe he's more effective starting left and drifting rather than starting in the middle.

Chadli is a liability with his defending, part of the reason I had hoped he would cut it as a striker and I still think he could do a job up top if we were desperate, he's got a goal in him.

SO, if a big money offer came in, and Erik wanted the move, we would be caught on the hop. We all thought Pritchard was going to come in and we had cover, but that seems over. The issue with selling Eriksen is that we actually need to keep him and buy someone for that position as it's a weak area until an obvious back-up emerges or is purchased.

OMG I'm sick of this 'Chadli could do a job as a striker' cr@p! Chadli is useless. Yes he's scored a few goals in the past but he is NOT a striker......he is pretty useless and not CL quality

Share this topic:

• 13 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users