• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#221 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 16 January 2019 - 21:32

Seen media today saying Madrid set to offer us £50m & bale in return for CE ?
Obviously donít believe this but throw Isco in as well & id be tempted :wink:

#222 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2019 - 22:11

View PostParklaner, on 16 January 2019 - 21:32, said:

Seen media today saying Madrid set to offer us £50m & bale in return for CE ?
Obviously donít believe this but throw Isco in as well & id be tempted :wink:

Isco and bale for eriksen, yes please 😬

#223 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 January 2019 - 23:07

Bale's not the player he was and is declining plus his wages are 600k pw. No guarantee Isco transitions to the premier league and neither are as creative as Eriksen. Also a lot of talk of Madrid being a bit hard up for cash. They're 10 points off Barca and only 1 point off dropping out the CL places.

If Eriksen really refuses to sign a contract extension that gives him parity with Kane then I guess we'll have to consider it but I'd sooner keep him than any of these options.

#224 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2019 - 23:07

View PostChrisPienaar, on 16 January 2019 - 21:04, said:

If he is set on leaving we should try and sell him to Madrid and get Isco in return. Iím sure we could get Isco and some change for him.

If we just sell him for money we will find it hard to get someone for the right price/wages.

Not sure who we could get if we sold to barca, maybe Andre Gomes?

Gomes + Coutinho for Eriksen is slightly more interesting to me!

#225 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2019 - 23:18

View Posttomtom, on 16 January 2019 - 23:07, said:

h*ll yeah now weíre talking lol

#226 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 January 2019 - 23:22

I think Eriksens probably happy with the contract offer we have made, but he is just waiting untill the summer to see what the poch situation is and to see if Barca come in for him . . Itís a perfectly reasonable thing to do , itís what I would do .

I donít believe there will be any swap deal for any players either . Ití sounds good but For all the talk , how often do these deals ever materialise .

If Madrid or Barca donít come in for him and poch stays , I think eriksen will sign , if any of those 3 happen , then itís goodbye .

#227 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 January 2019 - 00:27

View Poststokesie, on 16 January 2019 - 23:22, said:

I donít believe there will be any swap deal for any players either . Ití sounds good but For all the talk , how often do these deals ever materialise .

That's a very valid point. Due to the ever changing world of the football business though we're likely to see three things happening more frequently. The first is players running down their contracts, the second is players moving to China or Russia and the third is swap deals for players to avoid players leaving on a free. It's often to do with taxation and signing on bonuses.

#228 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 January 2019 - 00:32

Very true . I think clubs would happily encourage it . Fans probably would aswell . I like the idea of player swapping .
The agents probably wouldnít but then that can only be a good thing .
I wonder if modern day players egoís play a part aswell . If you are one of the 2 or 3 being swapped for 1 player , could they handle it .

#229 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 January 2019 - 00:36

fair points!

Agents would still get paid for orchestrating the transfer. Now it's deregulated it's a mess.

#230 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 January 2019 - 00:04

Trades rather than transfers, interesting.

#231 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 18 January 2019 - 00:14

Juve are snapping up players on free transfers or old.

Germany as a nation have started ripping youth players out of the clutches of Prem clubs.

Players are sitting tight on lower wages knowing a big pay deal is easier if they move on a free.

All of this, plus FFP should bring transfer fees down, we will see.

#232 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:31

View Posttomtom, on 16 January 2019 - 23:07, said:

When you have a player like eriksen at spurs and they wont commit to the club then you have to make sure you dont let the player run down his contract ! so for me i think he should be sold on this summer along with alderweireld.

Dont get me wrong ! i want the player to stay but its obvious that he isnt going to sign a new contract.

Whats his value ? £150 mill in this present day and age and i wouldnt try for player exchanges ! just get the player sold and the deal done and move on.

We seem to fail when trying for a decent player in a part exchange deal. Usually the player we want turns us down ! good example of this was the bale to real scenario years ago.

I cant see coutinho coming to spurs (the wages for a start )

Secondly liverpool are making noises to resign him and man utd are getting interested.

Look at our team ? no one was bought in as a proven talent ! we made them what they are and that seems to be the way levy & co want to operate.

With respect to a lot on here who bring up big name players as possible spurs targets ! the truth is we arent in the starting line up for any proven prem player of any worth.

Best for us this window is to go down the loan route or maybe a short term deal for an out of contract player.

#233 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:59

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 18 January 2019 - 05:31, said:

When you have a player like eriksen at spurs and they wont commit to the club then you have to make sure you dont let the player run down his contract ! so for me i think he should be sold on this summer along with alderweireld.

Dont get me wrong ! i want the player to stay but its obvious that he isnt going to sign a new contract.

Whats his value ? £150 mill in this present day and age and i wouldnt try for player exchanges ! just get the player sold and the deal done and move on.

We seem to fail when trying for a decent player in a part exchange deal. Usually the player we want turns us down ! good example of this was the bale to real scenario years ago.

I cant see coutinho coming to spurs (the wages for a start )

Secondly liverpool are making noises to resign him and man utd are getting interested.

Look at our team ? no one was bought in as a proven talent ! we made them what they are and that seems to be the way levy & co want to operate.

With respect to a lot on here who bring up big name players as possible spurs targets ! the truth is we arent in the starting line up for any proven prem player of any worth.

Best for us this window is to go down the loan route or maybe a short term deal for an out of contract player.

Agree with most of this, as much as Eriksen is a fantastic player, we cannot keep him without him signing another contract. And I will add that it won't be Levy's fault.

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 18 January 2019 - 08:00

#234 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:41

I think him and his agent want out

https://www.football...tement-15862964

#235 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:03

View Postaramak, on 21 February 2019 - 08:41, said:

I think him and his agent want out

https://www.football...tement-15862964

The quotes say that his agent said, 'That eriksen wants to focus on football, he is a world class player and that he doesn't want to talk about speculation'
That means he wants to leave? :rolleyes:

I don't think its worth the hassle of worrying at this stage. We need to focus on the rest of the season and see how strongly we can finish. Then we can lose our s*** over transfers in the summer.

To be completely honest I'm not too worried about losing Eriksen if he does choose to go. I've mentioned before that when hes on it he is incredible but there are a lot of matches where he is not on it and his deadball delivery has been a joke for 95% of the time the last few years. If he wants to go then cash in and freshen up the squad. :cheers:

#236 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:12

View PostChrisPienaar, on 21 February 2019 - 09:03, said:

The quotes say that his agent said, 'That eriksen wants to focus on football, he is a world class player and that he doesn't want to talk about speculation'
That means he wants to leave? :rolleyes:

I don't think its worth the hassle of worrying at this stage. We need to focus on the rest of the season and see how strongly we can finish. Then we can lose our s*** over transfers in the summer.

To be completely honest I'm not too worried about losing Eriksen if he does choose to go. I've mentioned before that when hes on it he is incredible but there are a lot of matches where he is not on it and his deadball delivery has been a joke for 95% of the time the last few years. If he wants to go then cash in and freshen up the squad. :cheers:

when Eriksen does not play we don't look the same team , we play with less fluidity.
If they was lots of quality playmakers of Eriksen's quality around then the likes of Realmadrid and Barcelona would not be paying so much attention towards him. Our club does not have a good track record at replacing key players when they they leave because they like to make a profit at doing so. Maddison and Grealish is not exactly high quality replacements are they lol, and yet we are being linked to them as replacements if we lose Eriksen.

If our club made a decision to go for young english players to replace Eriksen I would rather take a chance on Harvey white or chay cooper who in my opinion has the potential to be better then Grealish and Maddison.

#237 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:52

Bale plus cash swap. He can also play striker. Might appease a few of us

#238 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 21 February 2019 - 13:20

View Postfentonroad, on 21 February 2019 - 12:52, said:

Bale plus cash swap. He can also play striker. Might appease a few of us

Wont happen ! bales wages would be a massive sticking point for a start but also the player is a washed up has been.

Real Madrid president hasnt taken his reality tablet for a long time when he quotes £110 mill for bale.

#239 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2019 - 15:17

If Eriksen does go we need a big name to replace him. Isco might be the better option. I agree with a lot of people, Bale isn't what he used to be. Has a lot of miles on his clock like Rooney and Sanchez. The likes of Fowler and Owen who were great at an early age were gone by the time they were thirty

#240 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2019 - 15:24

So let's face worst case scenario. Eriksen leaves for around £100m. Who do we bring in, doesn't have to be the same position but surely an attacking player, Fekir, Isco?

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users