Planet Spurs Forums: Eriksen - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Eriksen

#241 User is offline   hotsauce 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,124
  • Joined: 21-October 10

Posted 21 February 2019 - 15:50

Jesus lads,,, we are 3rd in league and more or less in 1/4s of the CL ,,,try enjoy yourselfs with for a while without taking about one of our best players leaving
0

#242 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,759
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 21 February 2019 - 15:52

View Postfentonroad, on 21 February 2019 - 15:24, said:

So let's face worst case scenario. Eriksen leaves for around £100m. Who do we bring in, doesn't have to be the same position but surely an attacking player, Fekir, Isco?


Yep we can use the money but donít necessarily have to replace him with an exact replica.

There are a lot of options we could go for - Isco, Fekir, Ndombele (who we looked at last summer but now has bigger sharks circling), kovacic if Chelsea donít sign him (he hasnít impressed but sarri is s***e and Inthink thereís still a good player there), suso, kessie - all players weíve been linked with that would be good additions IMO.
0

#243 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,759
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 21 February 2019 - 15:54

View Posthotsauce, on 21 February 2019 - 15:50, said:

Jesus lads,,, we are 3rd in league and more or less in 1/4s of the CL ,,,try enjoy yourselfs with for a while without taking about one of our best players leaving


👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
This is what I said but then didnít listen to myself lol
0

#244 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,644
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 April 2019 - 23:40

Is he off?

Iím actually struggling to think of realistic destinations outside England.

The best we could hope for income wise is Juve (Pjanic) or Barce (Rakitic and point out how much Coutinho cost)

Unless heís top of Zidanes wish list I canít see them having the financial clout for Hazard, Pogba and Eriksen
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#245 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,759
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 21 April 2019 - 10:03

Rumours starting to circulate that he may be signing a new deal soon. 🤔
0

#246 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,561
  • Joined: 31-July 13
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Groningen, the Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2019 - 11:51

He will. At Dutch tv he said he is happy at spurs and Kane and him are good friends. Also their wives spend a lot of time together, can't see him leaving :)
0

#247 User is offline   50 Cent 

  • Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 133
  • Joined: 20-March 19

Posted 23 April 2019 - 20:50

No player is bigger than the club. Still worth noting his last minute screamers do take us up a level.
0

#248 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 288
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:27

He can't be faulted, especially recently. 9 goals and 17 assists so far this season with at least 5 games to go is a great return. Considering his dead balls have been poor this season it shows how important he is to us even without them. At times he's lost the ball this season but apart from that his stats are impressive as ever. Very rarely injured too whereas Kane and Dele seem to not hit the 40+ games per season where Christian has for us in every one of the six seasons he's been at the Lane . I for one feel he should be close to Harry on wages as when he plays well, we play well. He just makes us tick. We can replace Toby but Eriksen is consistently up there with the likes of Hazard, Sterling, Son and Salah.
0

#249 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,759
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 24 April 2019 - 12:41

View Postfentonroad, on 24 April 2019 - 10:27, said:

He can't be faulted, especially recently. 9 goals and 17 assists so far this season with at least 5 games to go is a great return. Considering his dead balls have been poor this season it shows how important he is to us even without them. At times he's lost the ball this season but apart from that his stats are impressive as ever. Very rarely injured too whereas Kane and Dele seem to not hit the 40+ games per season where Christian has for us in every one of the six seasons he's been at the Lane . I for one feel he should be close to Harry on wages as when he plays well, we play well. He just makes us tick. We can replace Toby but Eriksen is consistently up there with the likes of Hazard, Sterling, Son and Salah.


We definitely need a new dead ball specialist but Eriksen when heís on it he is a massive player. Think he sometimes goes on bad runs but his quality shines through in a whole season.
0

#250 User is offline   Lonspurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 2,366
  • Joined: 02-February 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 April 2019 - 22:23

View Postfentonroad, on 24 April 2019 - 10:27, said:

He can't be faulted, especially recently. 9 goals and 17 assists so far this season with at least 5 games to go is a great return. Considering his dead balls have been poor this season it shows how important he is to us even without them. At times he's lost the ball this season but apart from that his stats are impressive as ever. Very rarely injured too whereas Kane and Dele seem to not hit the 40+ games per season where Christian has for us in every one of the six seasons he's been at the Lane . I for one feel he should be close to Harry on wages as when he plays well, we play well. He just makes us tick. We can replace Toby but Eriksen is consistently up there with the likes of Hazard, Sterling, Son and Salah.


Great post. We definitely have to keep him and Levy will have to up his wages. We must keep Rose as well because he is playing well and has shown he can slot into midfield if needed. I'd like to keep Toby but suspect he might move on.

Realistically, how can we replace these three? We'll be back to square one again. You're dead right that Eriksen makes us tick. There's no doubt he's world-class. We should be trying to KEEP key players and ADD to the squad instead of messing about selling the likes of these three. We didn't really replace Dembele although the Big Moose has been a revelation. But what if Dembo and the Big Moose had been playing together? When Dembo was on form Sissoko wasn't playing like this.

Everyone knows our squad isn't big enough and it's time we put this right for crying out loud. As for game-changers, Zaha would be my first choice because he has got Spurs written all over him and is tried and tested in the PL and stands out in a side that is only mediocre. He's also one of the most fouled players in the PL.
0

#251 User is offline   fentonroad 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 288
  • Joined: 31-August 17

Posted 25 April 2019 - 11:30

I know Christian has had his doubters this season, I for one think his dead balls have been woeful. However I would like everyone to name any player who is on par or better than him in his position and then put a price on buying that player. The likes of Isco or Coutinho would be around £100m plus wages.

Surely if we offered him a rise to £200k a week on a five year contract it would mean £52m total cost. Does anyone think we could buy a replacement at his level for that, I think not. If he wants to go we can't stop it but amount of wages being a problem surely the club can see sense if giving him on par with Kane?
0

#252 User is offline   Hurrikane 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 330
  • Joined: 12-May 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 April 2019 - 14:49

If he does go..and that's an IF i say pay the extra and go for Coutinho, only player I would like to see come in for him personally. I think the top 5 CAM in the world right now are Eriksen/Coutinho/De Bruyne/Silva/Modric i also think Alli will fall in to this bracket soon. Looking at the players a bit off that list i.e. young with the potential to be top bracket as the 5 mentioned i think you are then looking at your Weigl/Goretzka/Saul type players
0

#253 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,055
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 April 2019 - 17:28

View Postfentonroad, on 25 April 2019 - 11:30, said:

I know Christian has had his doubters this season, I for one think his dead balls have been woeful. However I would like everyone to name any player who is on par or better than him in his position and then put a price on buying that player. The likes of Isco or Coutinho would be around £100m plus wages.

Surely if we offered him a rise to £200k a week on a five year contract it would mean £52m total cost. Does anyone think we could buy a replacement at his level for that, I think not. If he wants to go we can't stop it but amount of wages being a problem surely the club can see sense if giving him on par with Kane?


we've offered him a very very good deal apparently... He may even sign it. But I don't think it's as simple as some think, he's biding his time deliberately
0

#254 User is offline   Hurrikane 

  • Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 330
  • Joined: 12-May 16
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2019 - 07:26

If he does go Tom, who could you see us going in for?
0

#255 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,055
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2019 - 11:01

honestly hard to say. ITK these days is harder to come by on solid targets vs vague enquiries. Everyone knows we scout and enquire on 10x more players than we make a solid offer for.

TBH I'm less sure he's off this summer than I was a couple months ago. Part of the reason players like Eriksen would want to leave is to try and be in with a shot of winning the CL, and this season shows we're not as far off as some thought... in fact we've got further than Madrid already. Yes there's a financial angle too, but Eriksen and Hugo are two of the least money motivated players around. They're both more humble and less desperate to be the highest paid in their position.
0

#256 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,983
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:38

View Posttomtom, on 26 April 2019 - 11:01, said:

honestly hard to say. ITK these days is harder to come by on solid targets vs vague enquiries. Everyone knows we scout and enquire on 10x more players than we make a solid offer for.

TBH I'm less sure he's off this summer than I was a couple months ago. Part of the reason players like Eriksen would want to leave is to try and be in with a shot of winning the CL, and this season shows we're not as far off as some thought... in fact we've got further than Madrid already. Yes there's a financial angle too, but Eriksen and Hugo are two of the least money motivated players around. They're both more humble and less desperate to be the highest paid in their position.



Its a good thing the itk is very quiet tom because we seem to alert other teams to what we are doing in the transfer market and we lose the player to someone else.

The mail carried a story today that we have bid 50 euros for nicolo zaniolo of roma ! i wouldnt be surprised if someone else comes in and nicks him now its come to light.

Apart from some right duffers often mentioned on here we do actually have half a decent scouting record.

I have no doubt that prem compatriots keep an eye on what we are doing in that area ! and look to gazump us.
0

#257 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,759
  • Joined: 23-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Gibraltar

Posted 26 April 2019 - 13:15

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 26 April 2019 - 12:38, said:

Its a good thing the itk is very quiet tom because we seem to alert other teams to what we are doing in the transfer market and we lose the player to someone else.

The mail carried a story today that we have bid 50 euros for nicolo zaniolo of roma ! i wouldnt be surprised if someone else comes in and nicks him now its come to light.

Apart from some right duffers often mentioned on here we do actually have half a decent scouting record.

I have no doubt that prem compatriots keep an eye on what we are doing in that area ! and look to gazump us.


Hope heís not the next lamela 🙈
0

#258 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,983
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 26 April 2019 - 15:08

View PostChrisPienaar, on 26 April 2019 - 13:15, said:

Hope heís not the next lamela 🙈


Apparently they are hanging out for loads of money for the player but its levy who is dealing with ===Guess who is now back at roma ? franco Baldini.
0

#259 User is offline   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 10,055
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2019 - 22:16

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 26 April 2019 - 12:38, said:


I have no doubt that prem compatriots keep an eye on what we are doing in that area ! and look to gazump us.


We used to do it to Liverpool a LOT. It's nature of the beast to a degree.
0

#260 User is offline   willyid82 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,820
  • Joined: 17-March 13

Posted 01 May 2019 - 10:51

Rumour is a deal has been agreed with madrid
0

Share this topic:


  • 14 Pages +
  • « First
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users