• You cannot reply to this topic

Georges-kevin N'koudou

#41 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 19 July 2016 - 13:22

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 19 July 2016 - 13:10, said:

I compared stats in France pre coming to England? They're pretty similar.

Njie is older and has struggled to stay injury free or fit. So I'm comfortable with a new punt if that's what Spurs choose to do.

How could they be similar when he has not scored yet for us.

#42 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2016 - 13:26

View PostSpurs scout, on 19 July 2016 - 13:22, said:

How could they be similar when he has not scored yet for us.

Seems like you didn't understand RR's post properly.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#43 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 July 2016 - 13:31

We've not really seen enough to judge one way or another IMO. The coaching staff have had the benefit of training and whatever scouting was done of him before he joined us so their opinion will be more informed. If we let him go obviously Poch will feel that N'Koudou might be a better bet and as such we'd have to view N'Jie as a failed signing. If we keep him or loan him out then obviously the coaching stuff will feel there's potentially more to come from him.

None of us can really know which side of the argument is correct based on a handful of sub appearances with no pre season followed by a knee injury so we'll probably just go round in circles until he's either sold or not sold. I hope we keep him as enough of our squad have said he's the fastest player we've got and pace is a nice thing to have in your arsenal, even if it isn't necessary in our Plan A. Players develop at different rates, 23 is too young to write someone off or not having stepped up yet on such little evidence one way or another. Furthermore if you can hone a player with pace it can be absolutely deadly and sometimes it can take a couple seasons for it to be harnessed, particularly in a new league.

#44 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 July 2016 - 13:32

View PostMr. Greaves, on 19 July 2016 - 13:26, said:

his last season for lyon, he scored 7 goals and he was not hardly injured. Some how I don't think our club would of signed a player who had a bad season. They had scouts watching him.

#45 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:00

View Posttomtom, on 19 July 2016 - 13:31, said:

We've not really seen enough to judge one way or another IMO. The coaching staff have had the benefit of training and whatever scouting was done of him before he joined us so their opinion will be more informed. If we let him go obviously Poch will feel that N'Koudou might be a better bet and as such we'd have to view N'Jie as a failed signing. If we keep him or loan him out then obviously the coaching stuff will feel there's potentially more to come from him.

None of us can really know which side of the argument is correct based on a handful of sub appearances with no pre season followed by a knee injury so we'll probably just go round in circles until he's either sold or not sold. I hope we keep him as enough of our squad have said he's the fastest player we've got and pace is a nice thing to have in your arsenal, even if it isn't necessary in our Plan A. Players develop at different rates, 23 is too young to write someone off or not having stepped up yet on such little evidence one way or another. Furthermore if you can hone a player with pace it can be absolutely deadly and sometimes it can take a couple seasons for it to be harnessed, particularly in a new league.

I think some of us will have to agree to disagree on NJIE. I'm with Rog, dont rate him based on what I've seen so far, not even a sign of a decent player.

At the end of the day it's up to Poch. If he sells NJIE then it shows he's in the same mindset than me and Rog that NJIE doesn't look good enough. If he sticks with him and NJIE turns out to be brilliant then me and Rog will be eating humble pie haha

Either way, I want this other lad Koudou...reckon he'll be miles better than NJIE and will hit the ground running. Fingers crossed anyway...

#46 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:09

Played pretty much 2 games last season in the league (minutes wise). Who can judge a player off of 2 full games? Not even the best scouts would be able to do that...

Also have to factor in him coming back from injury, new club, new language, new league, new style of play from the team.

He might be good or he might be s***, who knows. To be definitive one way or another is ridiculous.

#47 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:15

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 19 July 2016 - 14:09, said:

Played pretty much 2 games last season in the league (minutes wise). Who can judge a player off of 2 full games? Not even the best scouts would be able to do that...

Also have to factor in him coming back from injury, new club, new language, new league, new style of play from the team.

He might be good or he might be s***, who knows. To be definitive one way or another is ridiculous.

Yep hard to be definitive I agree so at the end of it all it just comes down to your own opinion. Mine is ...he's rubbish

#48 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:28

View PostMr. Greaves, on 19 July 2016 - 13:26, said:

To be fair, George does almost have as many goals and assists for THFC as Clinton. :rolleyes:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#49 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:30

View Posttomtom, on 19 July 2016 - 13:31, said:

. Furthermore if you can hone a player with pace it can be absolutely deadly and sometimes it can take a couple seasons for it to be harnessed, particularly in a new league.

This is the best argument I've seen to keep him. It trumps "we haven't seen what he can or can't do"

#50 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 July 2016 - 14:41

View PostSpursDan, on 19 July 2016 - 14:00, said:

with Rog, dont rate him based on what I've seen so far, not even a sign of a decent player.

That's all it is, exactly.

Even when Lamela was performing like a £5m player you could still sense ther was some potential.

I can't get behind someone injured or not worthy of a start all season. We are in the ECL this season so things have changed.

#51 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:12

Reading reports saying N'Jie has been advised by Pochettino that his chances are limited next year with us, and encouraging him to go to Marseilles. True or false, who knows.

Lamela didn't give many of us the sense he had much in those first couple of seasons, but his show reel was great and what we all kept going back to. Speaking personally he still doesn't do it for me - I don't rate someone highly as a footballer whose single attribute seems to be being able to run at players and close them down. I am still hoping for him to replicate his show reel and dazzle me with his gifts.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#52 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:39

View PostMr. Greaves, on 20 July 2016 - 01:12, said:

Reading reports saying N'Jie has been advised by Pochettino that his chances are limited next year with us, and encouraging him to go to Marseilles. True or false, who knows.

Lamela didn't give many of us the sense he had much in those first couple of seasons, but his show reel was great and what we all kept going back to. Speaking personally he still doesn't do it for me - I don't rate someone highly as a footballer whose single attribute seems to be being able to run at players and close them down. I am still hoping for him to replicate his show reel and dazzle me with his gifts.

Do you not appreciate his vision & balls that have opened up defences ?
He's put a fair few goals on a plate now with balls that you don't see until after he's played them, I actually see him now as one of if not our most intelligent player his vision & positioning is top class

And on njie if true & poch is advising him to leave then that's good enough for me

#53 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:59

View PostParklaner, on 20 July 2016 - 07:39, said:

He's put a fair few goals on a plate now with balls that you don't see until after he's played them, I actually see him now as one of if not our most intelligent player his vision & positioning is top class

And on njie if true & poch is advising him to leave then that's good enough for me

Yep I agree on Lamela! ...the only improvement he does need to make this season is his finishing/goals tally...he missed some sitters last year.

But for me he's still one of the first names on the teamsheet now!

#54 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 09:46

I think Lamela has racked up a healthy amount of key passes, assists and goals over the last season season and a half?

#55 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:26

Yup. 2nd top assists and one of our top scorers in all comps. Wasn't he top scorer in Europa for us?
He just needs more prem goals, I'd say he's doing his job admirably apart from that.

The Poch telling N'Jie his chances are limited story came from a French paper who said it was Poch and Mitchell persuading him to go and that Baldini was the one advising Marseilles to sign N'Jie. I'd take that whole report with a big pinch of salt. Can't see Mitchell advising players of anything, that's not his job and Baldini would surely have no involvement on this for either side - French teams are perfectly capable of judging N'Jie's potential for themselves as he played there a year ago ffs. I do hate the press

#56 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:28

Supposedly Nkoudou's medical was yesterday and he passed. Expect the announcement today. Don't think N'Jie is going the other way as things stand

#57 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:36

View Posttomtom, on 20 July 2016 - 10:26, said:

Yup. 2nd top assists and one of our top scorers in all comps. Wasn't he top scorer in Europa for us?
He just needs more prem goals, I'd say he's doing his job admirably apart from that.

The Poch telling N'Jie his chances are limited story came from a French paper who said it was Poch and Mitchell persuading him to go and that Baldini was the one advising Marseilles to sign N'Jie. I'd take that whole report with a big pinch of salt. Can't see Mitchell advising players of anything, that's not his job and Baldini would surely have no involvement on this for either side - French teams are perfectly capable of judging N'Jie's potential for themselves as he played there a year ago ffs. I do hate the press

Exactly, N'Jie's last season in French football and international football showed he has a lot of potential, I some how don't think Poch would of signed a player who had a bad season in French football.

#58 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:41

View PostMr. Greaves, on 20 July 2016 - 01:12, said:

I know, when Lamela arrived at our club he had a reputation for being an amazing dribbler and he's youtube reel gave you the impression we was signing a top player. I think the club thought they was signing a top player because I somehow don't think they would of broken the transfer record to sign him, :grinny:

#59 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:15

View PostParklaner, on 20 July 2016 - 07:39, said:

He's put a fair few goals on a plate now with balls that you don't see until after he's played them, I actually see him now as one of if not our most intelligent player his vision & positioning is top class.

I have always said on here that Lamela sees a pass, and the fact that he can makes me want him do it a whole lot more often than he does. No doubt that he and Eriksen are our most creative, but neither are currently creative enough is what I am saying.

What he gets lauded for most is being the most effective presser which is a negative skill rather than a creative one and, for a bloke with his ability / potential, is not good enough.

#60 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:21

I think the presure if of lamelas shoulders now and he will take off' think we will see an even bigger season out of him now

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users