• You cannot reply to this topic

Georges-kevin N'koudou

#421 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:03

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 17 August 2018 - 01:32, said:

I think both n,koudou and janssen were never given much of a chance really .

Maybe. But if Poch doesn't see them in the team why are they here for so long and taking places in the squad?

#422 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:13

View PostSilver, on 17 August 2018 - 09:03, said:

Maybe. But if Poch doesn't see them in the team why are they here for so long and taking places in the squad?

That's why the back up striker has to be versatile and play elsewhere like Sonny or be experienced enough to play with no match sharpness. Llorente at least gives us the latter as he's see it, done it.

Writing was on the wall for Nkoudou when we bought Moura and Lamela signed a new contract I thought. Those two both ahead of him and aren't first choice.

#423 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:26

View Postfentonroad, on 17 August 2018 - 11:13, said:

That's why the back up striker has to be versatile and play elsewhere like Sonny or be experienced enough to play with no match sharpness. Llorente at least gives us the latter as he's see it, done it.

Writing was on the wall for Nkoudou when we bought Moura and Lamela signed a new contract I thought. Those two both ahead of him and aren't first choice.

Agreed. I think N'Koudou wouldn't even play in the cup games this season let alone Premier League Why did we count him as a squad member I will never know

#424 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 17 August 2018 - 14:16

View PostSilver, on 17 August 2018 - 11:26, said:

Agreed. I think N'Koudou wouldn't even play in the cup games this season let alone Premier League Why did we count him as a squad member I will never know

Because if they didnít, then they would be negotiating with zero strength. Every team in the world could just say, you are paying him to not play, so you pay 100% of his wages for the loan, and we will take him. By him counting as a squad member, there is a chance (albeit tiny) he plays, so Levy could get them to pay some of the salary.

#425 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 August 2018 - 17:07

The squad places thing was an issue, but if we'd managed to bring in a main target I'm sure we'd have bumped one of N'Koudou or Janssen out of the places.

Best of luck N'Koudou. He's a likable character but obviously didn't show Poch enough in training, or Dyche for that matter.

#426 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:47

View PostUSASpursFan, on 17 August 2018 - 14:16, said:

Because if they didnít, then they would be negotiating with zero strength. Every team in the world could just say, you are paying him to not play, so you pay 100% of his wages for the loan, and we will take him. By him counting as a squad member, there is a chance (albeit tiny) he plays, so Levy could get them to pay some of the salary.

I don't think it would go that far. We would send him on loan and his new club would pay his wages during that time. We can't hope for much more anyway even now that we seemingly have a stronger negotiationg position.

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users