• You cannot reply to this topic

Sissoko

#41 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 01 September 2016 - 11:53

View Posttomtom, on 01 September 2016 - 10:51, said:

I think Poch's phrase about the team after the Newcastle game was "I wanted to kill them" so you might be right Lonspurs.
I do wonder wtf Mitchell was doing this window. Of our signings Lopez was a Poch target, Sissoko was a Poch target, Wanyama was a Poch target and Janssen was probably the only top scorer in a European league we could afford which leaves N'Koudou as the only one he might have identified?

As I understand it Mitchell's role wasn't simply to identify the hidden gems no one was aware of, but also on the more 'obvious' ones, to do the analysis of their suitability to us on a number if levels. Saying what you did simplified Mitchell's role / department a bit I think.

£30m is peanuts today, but now we have spent it on someone who is a somewhat risky player where do those who have been constantly trotting out the Club line that we only buy young talent and wouldn't but someone as old as 27 or spend anything like £30m on a player sit now? Probably readjusting to fit the new facts I imagine.

Perhaps £25m for Berahino last window doesn't look so bad?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#42 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:23

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 11:53, said:

As I understand it Mitchell's role wasn't simply to identify the hidden gems no one was aware of, but also on the more 'obvious' ones, to do the analysis of their suitability to us on a number if levels. Saying what you did simplified Mitchell's role / department a bit I think.

£30m is peanuts today, but now we have spent it on someone who is a somewhat risky player where do those who have been constantly trotting out the Club line that we only buy young talent and wouldn't but someone as old as 27 or spend anything like £30m on a player sit now? Probably readjusting to fit the new facts I imagine.

Perhaps £25m for Berahino last window doesn't look so bad?

Do you ever just open a beer & chill out ?
Or are you constantly looking for something to moan or b!tch about ?

Levy did what he HAD to do & overall improved our options there's no readjusting needed by anyone ?
I think we are all just relieved that we haven't left our OVERACHIEVING manager short of options & depth

#43 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:27

View PostParklaner, on 01 September 2016 - 12:23, said:

I think we are all just relieved that we haven't left our OVERACHIEVING manager short of options & depth

:lmao:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#44 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:50

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 12:27, said:

:lmao:

By that I take it you don't think poch has overachieved so far during his reign ??

So mr greaves please tell me where you feel this club should be in the short time pochettino has been here?

#45 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:54

No need to go over it Mr. Lane, as you know my thoughts. :niceone:

#46 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 13:22

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 12:54, said:

I do which is far funnier than claiming poch has overachieved ?

In fact it's hilarious & ironic that the man who predicted utter failure & mid table finishes is now 12months later finding a 3rd place finsh a title challenge qualification to the champions league & record breaking prem season being deemed as overachieving "funny"
:clap: :wink:

#47 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 13:36

View PostParklaner, on 01 September 2016 - 13:22, said:

I do which is far funnier than claiming poch has overachieved ?

In fact it's hilarious & ironic that the man who predicted utter failure & mid table finishes is now 12months later finding a 3rd place finsh a title challenge qualification to the champions league & record breaking prem season being deemed as overachieving "funny"
:clap: :wink:

Nice one, and a very amusing attempt at irony. :yawn: I think I predicted between 5th and 8th last year, so can you link to a post were I said last season we would be 'mid-table' and an 'utter failure'?

#48 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 13:49

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 13:36, said:

Nice one, and a very amusing attempt at irony. :yawn: I think I predicted between 5th and 8th last year, so can you link to a post were I said last season we would be 'mid-table' and an 'utter failure'?

I could if I wanted to plough through your endless posts of negativity!

You've predicted poch to fail from the get go so he really must be massively overachieving in your eyes right?

I'm not going to use your bitterness & blindness to turn yet another thread into chaos & away from the top topic so I'll leave you to your busy day of sticking pins into your chirpy doll :wink: :wave:

#49 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 14:06

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 12:54, said:

Greaves if you look at the quality Harry redknapp's team compared to this team, we are overachieving, you have to give give credit to Poch, moulding a young team full of inexperience players with some of them only 2 seasons of Premiership football into a side that is competitive at the top end of the table, I just think you are delusional about how we should win this and win that.

#50 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 01 September 2016 - 17:04

Although I wasn't keen on us signing him, now he's here I wish him all the best. If we can get him playing to his best regularly, then £30m might just seem like a bargain.

#51 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 17:35

Sissoko is not the most skilful player on the planet. He is big, fast, tough and explosive. He will burst forward and cause chaos in team's defences ,committing defenders thus leaving our more skilful players and strikers to hopefully create and take chances. If teams are closing us down, we can really stretch their defences by having him and N'koudou bombing down the flanks allowing Kane , Alli or whoever to get and take their chances. Hopefully!

#52 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 17:47

View Postgriff, on 01 September 2016 - 17:35, said:

Sissoko is not the out skilful player on the planet. He is big, fast, tough and explosive. He will burst forward and cause chaos in team's defences ,committing defenders thus leaving our more skilful players and strikers to hopefully create and take chances. If teams are closing us down, we can really stretch their defences by having him and N'koudou bombing down the flanks allowing Kane , Alli or whoever to get and take their chances. Hopefully!

If we get the twin that looked good for France, we have a quality player on our hands who is not as gifted as Dembele but can mimic what we have lost when Dembele is out of the team.

#53 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 18:45

View PostSpurs scout, on 01 September 2016 - 17:47, said:

If we get the twin that looked good for France, we have a quality player on our hands who is not as gifted as Dembele but can mimic what we have lost when Dembele is out of the team.

Not as gifted as Dembele but more direct. Are rubbish form is because we miss the Dembele style player and now we have back up!

#54 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:13

View PostSpurs scout, on 01 September 2016 - 14:06, said:

Greaves if you look at the quality Harry redknapp's team compared to this team, we are overachieving, you have to give give credit to Poch, moulding a young team full of inexperience players with some of them only 2 seasons of Premiership football into a side that is competitive at the top end of the table, I just think you are delusional about how we should win this and win that.

Redknapp's team had some players who were very good, but world class at the time? - Modric maybe, but the team also had significant weak links. It overachieved in a time when the top four was really tough to crack.

As I have more time tonight than I did earlier when Parklaner was being amusing with irony, we did not overachieve last year by going from 5th place - which is more or less our level now in normal times - to 3rd. That happened mainly because Chelsea, City and United had massive internal problems and didn't turn up many weeks. Basic stand still no improvement standard should have put us 2nd when given that gift, but we couldn't do that. Leicester over achieved, not us. You mention delusional, and that is the word for anyone who doesn't recognise that fact.

So this year and next year if / when those other teams are settled and reflecting the levels they have established for 10 years or whatever it is, and we get 3rd will be the time to gloat about overachieving and holding the muppett up as being something better than a lucky one-trick pony who is winging it at our club. :wave:

#55 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 September 2016 - 21:30

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 21:13, said:

Redknapp's team had some players who were very good, but world class at the time? - Modric maybe, but the team also had significant weak links. It overachieved in a time when the top four was really tough to crack.

As I have more time tonight than I did earlier when Parklaner was being amusing with irony, we did not overachieve last year by going from 5th place - which is more or less our level now in normal times - to 3rd. That happened mainly because Chelsea, City and United had massive internal problems and didn't turn up many weeks. Basic stand still no improvement standard should have put us 2nd when given that gift, but we couldn't do that. Leicester over achieved, not us. You mention delusional, and that is the word for anyone who doesn't recognise that fact.

So this year and next year if / when those other teams are settled and reflecting the levels they have established for 10 years or whatever it is, and we get 3rd will be the time to gloat about overachieving and holding the muppett up as being something better than a lucky one-trick pony who is winging it at our club. :wave:

:wave:
Views from someone that obviously has lost touch & clearly didn't spend much time soaking up the atmosphere at the lane last season or spending time having a pint with TRUE Spurs fans

#56 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 September 2016 - 01:56

View PostParklaner, on 01 September 2016 - 21:30, said:

:wave:
Views from someone that obviously has lost touch & clearly didn't spend much time soaking up the atmosphere at the lane last season or spending time having a pint with TRUE Spurs fans

Must be great fun for all you TRUE supporters - do you know each other by the rosy tinted specs or by the hysterical outbursts defending the club against any criticism?

TRUE supporters, as you put it, don't go round playing the old 'I am a better supporter than you' tripe once they get out of the junior school playground. Wouldn't you be better off calming down a bit instead of following me round the forums pathetically failing to provoke me?

It doesn't make you look good. :yawn:

#57 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:48

View PostMr. Greaves, on 02 September 2016 - 01:56, said:

Must be great fun for all you TRUE supporters - do you know each other by the rosy tinted specs or by the hysterical outbursts defending the club against any criticism?

TRUE supporters, as you put it, don't go round playing the old 'I am a better supporter than you' tripe once they get out of the junior school playground. Wouldn't you be better off calming down a bit instead of following me round the forums pathetically failing to provoke me?

It doesn't make you look good. :yawn:

Your arrogance & bitterness doesn't make you look good either mr G

In fact how can anybody really take your opinion seriously when you are so bitter about being wrong & shamefully so desparate for poch & thfc to fail,

As for me rose tinted ?? We've been here before haven't we?
All I've done is backed the manager ? I predicted last season e would improve & I predicted last season poch would improve the likes of Lamela ? Why because it was obvious to anyone who actually was opened minded to see plus his track record at Southampton etc oh no I forgot?? You don't give him any credit for his previous job either do you? In fact in your world poch is just lucky ? :lmao:

My opinion on pochettino is based on facts simple proven facts now in your head you try & disregard these facts trying desparately to blame everyone else for poch's & Spurs progression & improvement

In my opinion true supporters enjoy the highs & suck it up during the lows, true supporters also don't sit back bitterly hoping for their club & manager to f*** up just so they can appear to be proven right
Your wasting a good era at a club you support just through your arrogance of not wanting to look bad for being so dramatically wrong In everything you predicted concerning poch ? Irony ?
:niceone:

This post has been edited by tomtom: 02 September 2016 - 13:46

#58 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:24

View PostMr. Greaves, on 01 September 2016 - 21:13, said:

So this year and next year if / when those other teams are settled and reflecting the levels they have established for 10 years or whatever it is, and we get 3rd will be the time to gloat about overachieving and holding the muppett up as being something better than a lucky one-trick pony who is winging it at our club. :wave:.

I notice you left out the most wanted player at the time BALE and VDV HAHA. If you think this team has the amount of quality as Harry's team you really are seeing this team in rose tinted glasses. Harry done a very good job, bringing us champions league football and playing some great stuff, but I also remember our teams use to roll over against Man city, Manutd, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Arsenal away from home when they put us under pressure. Apart from the Newcastle game when some players looked like they was on the seaside, Poch got rid of the weak players and brought a tough mental attuide, if when we are not playing well against the top sides, we don't roll over like we use to . I think you do know that Poch is a good manager, your just too stubborn to admit it.

#59 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:19

Attributes wise sissoko is the player we needed but consistency of performance suggest that this appears to be a last ditch panic buy for a sum that does not fit with this player.

I still don't quite understand that If we were prepared to spend this money all along then we could have made better use of it , I would have paid £5 mil extra for mane .

The manager has a good recored of improving players let's hope he keeps this up

#60 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:52

View Postwillyid82, on 02 September 2016 - 11:19, said:

Attributes wise sissoko is the player we needed but consistency of performance suggest that this appears to be a last ditch panic buy for a sum that does not fit with this player.

I still don't quite understand that If we were prepared to spend this money all along then we could have made better use of it , I would have paid £5 mil extra for mane .

The manager has a good recored of improving players let's hope he keeps this up

I am giving Sissoko a chance because Newcastle as a club morale is very poor, maybe the gold fish lifestyle the fans demand on players is too much or the club overall run poorly by Mike Ashley had something to do with it players under performing. This is a new club for him, a club that you can not hide if you are not giving One hundred percent. A club that has better players around him, better ambition. If Sissoko can reproduce the form that he showed in his first season at Newcastle, I will be very excited, Sissoko has great feet for a big man, can you imagine DEMBELE and Sissoko at there best, they would cause havoc with there power and dribbling ability.

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users