Harry winks

#41 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 16 March 2017 - 19:34

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 16 March 2017 - 15:23, said:

Thanks ;)
Staying with my opinion. Winks is a nice player, bents had more potential.

Passing stats are not my favourites. Always have the feeling were more vulnerable when he plays & get more goals against us.

Sharing the hope feeling he could be a Gerrard or xavi, but those are big titles to such a young inexperienced player.

Total underestimating Mentality and Attitude and its ability to contribute to the overall assessment of a player.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#42 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:41

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 16 March 2017 - 19:34, said:

Total underestimating Mentality and Attitude and its ability to contribute to the overall assessment of a player.

Injury and recovery time as impact on a young football player + loosing your first eleven spot would be a huge blow imo

#43 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 March 2017 - 16:40

I think you're the only Spurs fan that prefers Bentaleb to Winks.

#44 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 March 2017 - 17:09

Bentaleb has been very good this season but whenever winks has played he's been brilliant and the type of player we've been searching for since modric left, composed on the ball, great in tight spaces and decent at the other side of the game as well. I've got big hopes for him.

If bentaleb does move on surely we'd have some sort of sell on fee %? Doubt Bayern would want him with the others good young players they have in that position

#45 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 March 2017 - 17:58

I myself would rather Renato Sanches than Pogba.

#46 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 March 2017 - 18:01

In fairness Bents was a mainstay at cm for a full season. Winks is yet to be given the chance to show what he can do given consistent game time so almost impossible to truly compare.

That said I'm very impressed with all I've seen so far.

#47 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:43

If you show the elegance of Carroll but the determination of Bents/Mason combined you warrant being where you are as a homegrown

#48 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2017 - 19:28

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 17 March 2017 - 17:09, said:

Bentaleb has been very good this season but whenever winks has played he's been brilliant and the type of player we've been searching for since modric left, composed on the ball, great in tight spaces and decent at the other side of the game as well. I've got big hopes for him.

If bentaleb does move on surely we'd have some sort of sell on fee %? Doubt Bayern would want him with the others good young players they have in that position

the fee has already been agreed which is 16 mil , Bents will move to shalke 04 once the transfer window is open.

#49 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 18 March 2017 - 22:21

View PostSpurs scout, on 18 March 2017 - 19:28, said:

the fee has already been agreed which is 16 mil , Bents will move to shalke 04 once the transfer window is open.

Yeah I know, I was saying about having a sell on % if Schalke sell him. These things are often in deals and I was suggesting that it would probably be s good thing for us he moves again £££

#50 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:57

I think you're probably right mate but if that sell on occurs in the same window then it shows we sold him too cheaply to start with!

#51 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:50

find it hard to believe us selling cheap? Levy always wants and mostly gets top dollar when we sell, if not he must be starting to loose his touch. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#52 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:22

Exactly. Problem was I'd imagine the 16M was agreed at the beginning of the season whilst Bentaleb was off form and we had a bad negotiation starting point.

Unfortunately looks like Bentaleb could well end up a top played and we'll be the mugs who let him go for 16M but I don't think we had much choice when Poch decided he didn't want him.

#53 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 October 2017 - 22:02

well done Harry for your first England call up! :niceone: :niceone:

Shame our talented players are wasted on such a disorganised mess of an international team, but will be a proud moment for him!

#54 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:25

Having produced so many players for the England team the FA should have given us Wembley for nothing.

Well done to the latest off our production line, young Winks.

Why on earth do any talented homegrown players ever sign for the likes of Man City where they are there only to make up the club's homegrown quota?

Next we are going to get Barkley and Sessegnon. Should have also had a go for Solanke and Chalaboah also and let Poch weave his magic with them.

#55 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2017 - 05:52

Well done Harry Winks. Played better than the rest of the England team last night. No player stood out, very poor actually but young Winks was the best of a bad bunch. No tactical change in second half 💤💤💤

#56 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 October 2017 - 21:02

Called him a weak player, but what a performance. Sorry Harry, underestimated you & great to see the team winning a big game with him involved!!!

#57 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 October 2017 - 22:35

can already see Scotty Parker is having an influence on him, doing the classic Scotty "spin around in a circle" move, difference is he drives forward at the end of it.

If he can develop Parker's grit strength and defensive reading of the game alongside his already impressive abilities on the ball then he'll be fighting the other Harry for the best Spurs academy graduate tag of this generation.

#58 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2017 - 08:38

This kid is the real deal! Had Kroos in his pocket for both ties, him and Eriksen run Modric and Kroos last night and as a fan that was so good to see! Love both Kroos and Modric to bits and although controversial wouldn’t swap them for either Harry or CE at this moment in time. Modric arguably Madrid’s best player and so so underrated and yes I’d take him back in a heartbeat but in terms of attitude commitment and passion HW and CE for me :) :) still buzzing! COYYSSSS

#59 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:45

View PostHurrikane, on 02 November 2017 - 08:38, said:

This kid is the real deal! Had Kroos in his pocket for both ties, him and Eriksen run Modric and Kroos last night and as a fan that was so good to see! Love both Kroos and Modric to bits and although controversial wouldn’t swap them for either Harry or CE at this moment in time. Modric arguably Madrid’s best player and so so underrated and yes I’d take him back in a heartbeat but in terms of attitude commitment and passion HW and CE for me :) :) still buzzing! COYYSSSS

Winks has developed in such a short space of time. He has been superb this season and his international call up must surely be considered permanent not simply because on injury. Him as the box to box alongside Dier what a combination.However perhaps with the centrebacks available Dier might move back as he is also the best Centreback available as well

#60 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:52

View Posttomtom, on 23 October 2017 - 22:35, said:

can already see Scotty Parker is having an influence on him, doing the classic Scotty "spin around in a circle" move, difference is he drives forward at the end of it.

If he can develop Parker's grit strength and defensive reading of the game alongside his already impressive abilities on the ball then he'll be fighting the other Harry for the best Spurs academy graduate tag of this generation.

The question is, WILL Winks be a quality DM or a quality Play maker, I think as he gets comfortable in his skin as a spurs player and gains more experience, his vision and range of passing will improve, I have not seen a english player so comfortable at passing in tight area's and glide past people since Wilshire, I am just looking forward to his development.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users