• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Techno

#21 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 20:03

thats interesting, so take out the ipad what are peoples views of the best tablet with the same dimensions?
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#22 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 September 2016 - 00:11

Microsoft Surface pro is pretty decent. It is basically as laptop, it will have everything you need and comes with a detachable keyboard which is pretty good. Not sure on prices though.

If you just use it at home and you have wifi, then there really isn't a need for a 4g connectable one.

#23 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2016 - 00:30

View Postjourneyman, on 20 September 2016 - 20:03, said:

thats interesting, so take out the ipad what are peoples views of the best tablet with the same dimensions?

Anything Samsung is pretty good. I'd assume anything Microsoft or Sony as well.

Should be able to create a folder on them and add photos or music via USB no issues.

With Apple there's a rigmarole to it like.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#24 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:40

Totally agree what you say about apple actually being tied in to itunes etc, are android as fluent in the movement when scrolling etc, and as responsive do you know? I suppose the best thing would be to look at both and have a play if allowed, and go from there, I have for years had iphone, then I left and bought galaxy s7 but just couldnt get used to android again, and the iphone does everything android does and it does it in a far simpler way to use as well. :niceone:

If I did consider say a samsung would it link (if needed dont know that i would)to i phone?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#25 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:32

View Postjourneyman, on 21 September 2016 - 08:40, said:

Totally agree what you say about apple actually being tied in to itunes etc, are android as fluent in the movement when scrolling etc, and as responsive do you know? I suppose the best thing would be to look at both and have a play if allowed, and go from there, I have for years had iphone, then I left and bought galaxy s7 but just couldnt get used to android again, and the iphone does everything android does and it does it in a far simpler way to use as well. :niceone:

If I did consider say a samsung would it link (if needed dont know that i would)to i phone?

They won't play ball. We are lucky there's a Skype app (Microsoft) for Apple products lol. Or iTunes for Windows.

I personally find iPhone and iPad much easier to use than any android stuff. But a window device might be easier to wrap your head around.

A trip to PC World to play about and talk your needs out with a rep might do you good to physically go through. But you could walk away then knowing what you want and shop for the best price on it.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/...6855?nav=SEARCH

Music sorted - simple folder system - £13.99 each -, I have a few and the battery life is better than Apple. They are 32GB each, so cheap.

Surely a 1TB Hardrive dedicated to left over music and photos would do you? - £60-80

You could then continue to use/purchase Apple iPad and iPhone. - I highly recommend buying refurbished ones from eBay. - An unlocked iPhone5s is under £160, should get a good deal on iPads as well.

MP3, HardDrive, and a refurb set of iPhone and iPad - you'd be definitely in at under the £450-500 mark.

And manage music and photos directly from PC > MP3 Player & HardDrive

We could then talk about ways of getting photos onto the iPad in bulk if you wanted.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#26 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:45

Thanks for that info I do currently use iphone 6, so am ok in that department. :niceone:

You are obviuosly well advanced in such matters really appreciate your input brilliant many thanks. :cheers:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#27 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 30 September 2016 - 14:44

Ive used iphone since iphone 3 now have a 6, but am giving serious thought to Samsung galaxy S6 or 7, pi--ed off with apple doing constant updates and changing things, you feel you have to update for safety/security, but once done you cant go back. And all the comparrison sites ive looked at the S7 (even the s6 on some) marginally edge the iphone 6, seems android you can do more of a personilsation with screens settings etc, where as apple keep churning out same old stuff just in a different case, Ive also seen the camera on the galaxy is of far better quality.

What are views on here regards these two phones? if I go for samsung i wont bother with ipad will go for a samsung tablet.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#28 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 September 2016 - 16:23

Big fan of my s7 having used iPhone for a while before but it auto updates a lot too. Did one yesterday that wound me up as it meant relearning shortcuts and changed various other things.

If you're used to the apple set up might be easier to stick with it and get an iPad

#29 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 30 September 2016 - 19:35

Cheers mate, better the devil you know i guess. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#30 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 September 2016 - 21:52

My oldest daughter swears by Samsung phones,and I have just bought her an S7 Edge. I am an HTC man myself.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#31 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:30

View Postjourneyman, on 30 September 2016 - 14:44, said:

Ive used iphone since iphone 3 now have a 6, but am giving serious thought to Samsung galaxy S6 or 7, pi--ed off with apple doing constant updates and changing things, you feel you have to update for safety/security, but once done you cant go back. And all the comparrison sites ive looked at the S7 (even the s6 on some) marginally edge the iphone 6, seems android you can do more of a personilsation with screens settings etc, where as apple keep churning out same old stuff just in a different case, Ive also seen the camera on the galaxy is of far better quality.

What are views on here regards these two phones? if I go for samsung i wont bother with ipad will go for a samsung tablet.

I've an s6. Great phone, battery (16hr or smth) is not good enough imo. My brother in law has an s7 and is truly happy with it:)

#32 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:01

So have you delved into anything? reason I ask is i take on board what tomtom says about a system you know, but it does seem that samsung are winning the war with apple, not that i'm a person that want the latest stuff far from it, couldnt justify the cost or use it to its full potential.

I find though that with iphone being tied with itunes, dont like the idea of being tied in. I've looked at a lot of comparrison sites, and the s7 marginally wins against iphone 6 and some say against the 6s. I like photograpy, dont always have my main camera with me, sometimes have a pocket one but more recently been using phone, but i do know the camers on s7 is brilliant leaves iphone in its wake.

Just trying to make sure I get it right, being retired most expensive things are now a considered purchase for me, so because I want a tablet i want it to be same as phone. I suppose to some extent i am getting influenced by what I read, and things said about apple using old hat stuff in new cases, where as Android seems to be more for updating everything, Guess I will do a bit more reading up, and at some point have to make a decission. thanks for your input.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#33 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:12

View PostMr. Greaves, on 30 September 2016 - 21:52, said:

My oldest daughter swears by Samsung phones,and I have just bought her an S7 Edge. I am an HTC man myself.

Thanks for that, I was with HTC for years then got a new phone from them, had all sorts of issues, always on the phone to them promised loads of call backs that never came, they said they would exchange my phone, courier collected it and a few days later another one arrived, with pretty much the same problem so rang and told them, once again they said they would exchange it, I had a sneaky feeling about the who business, so i took the battery out marked the battery and the phone, three times they claimed it was a different phone, so in the end I sent them images of my invisible marking or at least told them how to see what Id done, i got a grovling appology saying it was done (the exchange) by a junior operative, bla bla bla, so a manager rang me a Dutch guy he promised faithfully to send me a bran new never used or set up phone, and would arrange with my provider to give me 3 months air time free, so I thankede him for what he was going to do and that this wouold go a long way to restoring my faith in HTC.

When the phone came I started the charge as reccomended, next day started the setup procedure, lo and behold there were six names addresses and numbers already on it, so much for a bran new boxed phone, so i sent it back got another grovling apology and basically told them to shove it, never been with them since.

Glad your Daughter likes the s7 so another satisfied customer, as Ive said I will have to delve further. thanks for your input.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#34 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:36

I do really like my s7 and would never go back to iPhone if Samsung keep it up but my older relatives - even those as good with technology as you Journo - are all on iPads. I got my s7 a week before it came out at the beginning of the year and the battery was superb compared to my iPhone. It's now started needing a charge before the day is out though - technology is not built to last any more.

If you're prepared to learn the quirks of Samsung over apple then it could well be worth making the switch as I do think they're currently superior (on phones at least). One good thing about the s7 is it has an SD card slot so you can have as much storage as you want for photos. If you want full HD photos they take up a LOT of space so SD card is a must.

Unless you hate iTunes I don't think it's too much of a problem to be tied to it. You can get music back off it afterwards if you ever upgrade.

Ultimately though they're pretty similar devices so it's down to whichever you prefer.

#35 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:48

Really appreciate that mate many thanks. I have to admit I do like the looks of the s7, my eldest stepson has had samsung for a few years now, he currently has s6 or 7 not sure, but some of the photos and video he has shown me are far superior to iphone.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#36 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 October 2016 - 14:49

View Postjourneyman, on 01 October 2016 - 12:12, said:

Thanks for that, I was with HTC for years then got a new phone from them, had all sorts of issues, always on the phone to them promised loads of call backs that never came, they said they would exchange my phone, courier collected it and a few days later another one arrived, with pretty much the same problem so rang and told them, once again they said they would exchange it, I had a sneaky feeling about the who business, so i took the battery out marked the battery and the phone, three times they claimed it was a different phone, so in the end I sent them images of my invisible marking or at least told them how to see what Id done, i got a grovling appology saying it was done (the exchange) by a junior operative, bla bla bla, so a manager rang me a Dutch guy he promised faithfully to send me a bran new never used or set up phone, and would arrange with my provider to give me 3 months air time free, so I thankede him for what he was going to do and that this wouold go a long way to restoring my faith in HTC.

When the phone came I started the charge as reccomended, next day started the setup procedure, lo and behold there were six names addresses and numbers already on it, so much for a bran new boxed phone, so i sent it back got another grovling apology and basically told them to shove it, never been with them since.

Glad your Daughter likes the s7 so another satisfied customer, as Ive said I will have to delve further. thanks for your input.

That is appalling service and quite right for you to shift your allegiance.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#37 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 24 November 2016 - 13:01

View Posttomtom, on 01 October 2016 - 12:36, said:

I do really like my s7 and would never go back to iPhone if Samsung keep it up but my older relatives - even those as good with technology as you Journo - are all on iPads. I got my s7 a week before it came out at the beginning of the year and the battery was superb compared to my iPhone. It's now started needing a charge before the day is out though - technology is not built to last any more.

If you're prepared to learn the quirks of Samsung over apple then it could well be worth making the switch as I do think they're currently superior (on phones at least). One good thing about the s7 is it has an SD card slot so you can have as much storage as you want for photos. If you want full HD photos they take up a LOT of space so SD card is a must.

Unless you hate iTunes I don't think it's too much of a problem to be tied to it. You can get music back off it afterwards if you ever upgrade.

Ultimately though they're pretty similar devices so it's down to whichever you prefer.

Hi Guys I'm back on this again, my contract is up with o2 in a few months, Ive been with them for about 12 years now, and as Ive said I have iphone6, but this last couple of weeks been doing a lot of delving, research, playing about with in shops (where allowed) and I am now 99.99% certain I will swap iphone 6 fro samsung s7 or s7 edge. I said in an earlier post i had a s7 but couldnt get used to Andriod, is was not a s7 but s6, also I only had it for about 3 hours.

I like my photograpy, but now find I dont take my main camera out that much, (have had a good offer for it so might sell)I also have a small pocket camera, but what Ive seen in videos and been reading about, the camera on the s7 or edge is brilliant, good in low light, as well. I did take a couple of pictures with the s6 (during my 3 hr ownership) and they were amazing, far outshon the iphone 6.

Sorry to be a painful old fart but guess I just need a bit of convincing, but as I say Im nigh on dead certain now thats the way to go. As to,to, said above if im prepared to persevere and relearn the modern android, and samsung it is probably a better phone.

Finally my quotes earlier in this thread about how much music etc, that is much the same but my photos have increaed, so next question is Photobucket or dropbox please. I do admit i am a bit P--sed off with being tied to itunes, but i still have all my music on windows MP 11, as I run windows 10, so can you help with suggestions and experience please guys, sorry to be a bloody pain, but at least I am now mindful I want s7 or the edge, so ive moved along a bit. :cheers: :niceone:

Reason for change is imsick of itunes, and do not like being dictated to by apple what I can and cant do.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#38 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 November 2016 - 12:49

I'm still very happy with my S7 mate. Just make sure when you call O2 for the upgrade you barter with them.

It's worth having a look on here for the best deal:
https://www.uswitch....alaxy_s7_deals/ (can change it to an s7 edge if you want). Then when you call up tell O2 they have to match or better whatever deal you find on there.

I did this with EE and initially they said they couldn't match the deal I found online. I requested my PAC code so I could leave (you have 30 days to use it or your contract just continues). A few days later their disconnections department called me and they offered a much better deal to stop me leaving, but they don't get involved unless they genuinely believe you're going.

#39 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 25 November 2016 - 16:06

Hi Mate right many thanks for that, will have a look and see what I can come up with. Just out of curiosty how do you find EE coverage? only i know about 3 people near me that are always, well a lot of times having trouble getting a signal, perhaps its just a localised thing, Anyway many thanks. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#40 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 November 2016 - 17:36

They're fine for me but I live in London! Might be different in your area

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users