• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Janssen

#21 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:21

I like what I've seen of Janssen, his first touch is a little bouncey off his foot at times, but he's exactly the style of striker we needed. His back to goal play is good because he has the strength to hold a player off and wait for others to arrive. He's not going to score bags of goals on a regular basis because his shooting isn't even close to what Kane delivers but maybe intensive work on that in training will change things.
He has a decent turn and shoot on him in a tight space and when Kane is starting he's going to be good to have on the bench (can't see us starting with 2 strikers unless chasing an aggregate deficit in a European 2nd leg).
I think he complements the squad in terms of what we needed in the summer and I'm more than happy with what we have ended up with on the other side of a quite ridiculous window.

I actually have more concerns about Sissoko, already seeing signs that he will be inconsistent with his focus, I have real worries that he will down tools at some point, hope I'm wrong.

Wanyama, decent addition to our squad, adds larger depth because of his solid and consistent style.

Georgie, wow, his little cameo yesterday made me take notice. He might be quite handy, early days and hard to judge but he did a good little job when asked. Running around at full tilt when so often a sub comes on in that situation and can't be arsed. Happy to flog N'Jie now his replacement has been secured, sssshhhhh don't say this to loud but our window was quietly very decent with properly scouted players that fit our requirements, added to that the resistance to go for a CB which would have blocked CCV I'm well pleased.

PS, I even like the fact we kept Carroll, costs us peanuts and he's handy for the first half of the season at least.

#22 User is offline   Rjspurs 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:37

I really like the look of this guy and his strength and play has a shearer like look. He is only young and needs time to settle.

The soldado comparison are harsh as he used to miss chances and only scored penalties...!

His real problem at the moment is that he is trying to hard and you can see the frustration. I would be just as happy if he finished the game with two assists as long as we win, or go down trying hard to the last second.

#23 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:42

View PostRjspurs, on 25 September 2016 - 07:37, said:

I really like the look of this guy and his strength and play has a shearer like look. He is only young and needs time to settle.

The soldado comparison are harsh as he used to miss chances and only scored penalties...!

His real problem at the moment is that he is trying to hard and you can see the frustration. I would be just as happy if he finished the game with two assists as long as we win, or go down trying hard to the last second.

Yep, so often goals are all that matters, but he keeps CB's on their toes and others will benefit, ask Sonny boy.

#24 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:43

The assist for sons first goal was brilliant , this lad will score goals I have no worries about that he would also benefit from a cross or two

#25 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:20

Scored an absolute world class goal for the netherlands last night. Seriously, give him a proper chance & he won't let us down!!

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:37

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 08 October 2016 - 01:20, said:

Scored an absolute world class goal for the netherlands last night. Seriously, give him a proper chance & he won't let us down!!

Quality finish, he will score goals this guy is built for the prem, I just think he is still adjusting to they way we play and the demanding nature of our game.

Against city the manager got it tactically spot on but we will not play many sides who are prepared to open up against us like city so son up front was a bit of a masterstroke.
Against wba we won't have that space so unless kane is back I'd expect janssen to start.

#27 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:16

View Postwillyid82, on 08 October 2016 - 07:37, said:

Quality finish, he will score goals this guy is built for the prem, I just think he is still adjusting to they way we play and the demanding nature of our game.

Against city the manager got it tactically spot on but we will not play many sides who are prepared to open up against us like city so son up front was a bit of a masterstroke.
Against wba we won't have that space so unless kane is back I'd expect janssen to start.

Yep, I pretty much agree, he's missed one or two chances that I'd expect him to have put away and I think that is where his frustration is born from, but he could quite easily have 5 or 6 goals to his name this season already. If he stops running then I'd have concerns. However, his overall game has me feeling quite happy. I think Poch has him down to only being able to do 60 mins (ish) and that's probably fair enough being a new league and his young age.

We've said it often enough..............give him the time he needs and I'm sure he will be valuable to the squad.

#28 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 October 2016 - 13:23

What a goal!

https://www.youtube....h?v=45HIc6jFNnI

#29 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 October 2016 - 14:50

Did anyone else notice how he was looking down at the ball throughout that whole move, except for one glance up?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2016 - 15:58

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 08 October 2016 - 13:23, said:

Thanks, very nice finish.

I saw 2 glances up Greavsie.

#31 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 October 2016 - 16:27

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 October 2016 - 15:58, said:

Thanks, very nice finish.

I saw 2 glances up Greavsie.

My mistake then.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 October 2016 - 16:35

What I thought stood out was how quick they both were, it's hard to find fault in what he's done there but maybe in time he'll relax just that very slight bit. Then I really believe he will turn some heads.

I should say "consistently" because that goal is decent enough.

#33 User is offline   alisidy 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 08 October 2016 - 23:44

I have always liked him. That goal is great. I think we will score goals for sure, his hold up play is great!

#34 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:50

View Postalisidy, on 08 October 2016 - 23:44, said:

I have always liked him. That goal is great. I think we will score goals for sure, his hold up play is great!

I think he will come good as well but he is not exactly fast. I think we could still do with another striker, smaller and nippier, bit like Aguero to complement him and Kane.

#35 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:52

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 October 2016 - 16:35, said:

What I thought stood out was how quick they both were, it's hard to find fault in what he's done there but maybe in time he'll relax just that very slight bit. Then I really believe he will turn some heads.

He's not that fast

#36 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:27

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 October 2016 - 16:35, said:

Jansen is not quick, that because you can run does not make you quick. I watched the Netherlands game and I thought he was very good, looks more confident when he plays for the national team, once he settles down we will see what a talent he really is.

#37 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:34

His head is

#38 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:53

View PostYidio Yidio, on 09 October 2016 - 08:34, said:

His head is

I agree, I just think he tries to hard to impress for our club, that he snatched at chance's, needs to relax and enjoy.

#39 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:03

Yep, needs to relax on the ball just a little, not sure if that would effect his game. I like his desire, don't want him to lose that.

Bit like Alli's snarling, I want him doing that.

#40 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 October 2016 - 11:14

View PostYidio Yidio, on 09 October 2016 - 09:03, said:

Yep, needs to relax on the ball just a little, not sure if that would effect his game. I like his desire, don't want him to lose that.

Bit like Alli's snarling, I want him doing that.

I don't want him to lose that work rate also, but like Ali , Kane and Son, relax a bit more, relax and enjoy playing, because at the moment he is playing like it is a chore for us , almost too desperate to impress or score a goal.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users