• You cannot reply to this topic

Danny Rose

#1 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:39

Didn't have his own topic. :)
Nothing much to discuss about him, made great progress last year and today rewarded with a new contract !!! :)

#2 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:35

Massive news
After writing him off & slating him back under AVB he's now without a doubt in my top 3 fav Spurs player love him

Tough tackling attacking full back, best left back in England of any nationality
Get in
:banana: :banana: :clap:
:spurs:

#3 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:51

Good news!

I think it's safe to assume that basically the whole squad has been given new contracts. Saw something the other day that all the pictures are pretty much the same with poch (clothes, hair and beard).... so all the contracts have already been signed, pictures done and they're announcing them 1 by 1 when they feel like it

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:02

View PostComeOnYouSpurs, on 22 September 2016 - 10:51, said:

Good news!

I think it's safe to assume that basically the whole squad has been given new contracts. Saw something the other day that all the pictures are pretty much the same with poch (clothes, hair and beard).... so all the contracts have already been signed, pictures done and they're announcing them 1 by 1 when they feel like it

it is just possible he has more than one of the same suit... BUT I think it's very possible these were all signed on the same day and they're just spacing out announcements for social media.

On Danny. I always believed he would step up and didn't like it when people wrote him off. Felt he was unfairly judged under AVB when he effectively had to play LB and LW all on his own as Siggy, Dempsey + co would cut in and rarely tracked back. Add to that the CB split and DM dropping which was supposed to happen often meant it wasn't Danny's responsibility to be "in position" but a lot just didn't grasp how the system was supposed to work and decided a LB should be at LB. That said he's obviously improved since that point, I remember when I said he'd be England's first choice LB before too long and was heir to Cashley's position and got laughed at by some on here! Quick mention to HR & his coaching staff for dropping him to LB from LM, think it's done his career wonders - particularly when you consider how few teams play with traditional wingers now.

Finally a quick quote from Danny's latest interview with Spurs. If you bear in mind he'll be well aware that Man City and Chelsea have both been making aggressive approaches for him so this is a beautiful thing to hear him re-assert:
"At the moment I wouldn't wish for anything more than to play for Spurs for the rest of my career."

#5 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:16

Can't find the link now but if you look over the pictures on spurs twitter you'll see the pictures of him look too similar except the carroll one.

Yeah I remember being with you on Rose when others were slating him. Sunderland player of the year, then he was our best player at the start of that season before he got injured and a lot forgot that when he came back. Either way though he's come on leaps and bounds the last few seasons.

Great that we're showing the ambition and him along with others who have come out and said similar about staying here, believe in where the club is heading and the manager

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:31

He has signed till 2021, he s aid be happpy to stay till im an old man, so in 2021 he will still only be 31, so I guess being old in his book at 31 must make some of you guys look bl--dy old, ME, I'm beyond hope then in his book. I wish him well. :niceone: :dancing:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#7 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 September 2016 - 13:31

He was very exposed by AVB's system, and has of course matured since as all players to. Easily England's best LB and hard to think of any better currently in the PL. Not to say he can't be better - a better final ball more frequently would be the only thing.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#8 User is offline   electricpace 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2016 - 15:14

Yup best LB in the country , great news to see him signed up long term 👍

#9 User is online   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:54

I hear the gossip gathering pace that danny rose may be sold to help fund the new stadium.
£50 mill is being mentioned as guardiola seeks to rebuild man city with a larger quota of english players.
As we all know this could be total rubbish ? however the goons had to sell their top players over the seasons to pay for their new stadium so maybe there is something in it especially with levy moaning about lack of (promised) funding from haringey council.

#10 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:16

e

#11 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:40

Somebody at City has been talking to the Manchester press. So what?

You are right that it all comes down to Danny - and we as fans need to show him a bit of love as he still resents his early treatment by the boo boys in the crowd. And why can't we have Shaw and Rose at the same time?

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 March 2017 - 22:02

Dont think he resents the fans at all. Seems genuinely happy to be here and the crowd sing his name!

#13 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 28 March 2017 - 22:10

Never said he resents the fans. He's gone on record a number of times saying his early treatment by some in the crowd when learning his trade at left-back was unfair. In interviews he always seems to point it out.

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 28 March 2017 - 22:15

e

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 May 2017 - 14:47

Club have confirmed he's having surgery and won't feature til next season. He recently returned to first team training but the problem isn't resolved so they're doing exploratory surgery to find out what the problem is.

Hope they can get it sorted soon so he can make a full recovery before pre season but not good news :crying:

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 May 2017 - 17:28

on the plus side I guess he's not going anywhere

#17 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 19:33

Gutted for DR Our medical staff seem to be questionable again Unless we're being drip-fed misinformation about extent n severity of injuries
To Dare is to Do Now is the Hour

#18 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 May 2017 - 23:19

I think we've been pretty good at managing injuries in the last couple of seasons, however both Lamela and Rose to return to full training only to need surgery is not good at all. Hopefully just two isolated instances rather than a sign of poor medical stuff - I'd imagine long term injuries like these we have external doctors helping with the diagnoses.

#19 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:28

Get well soon Danny!
Annoying, since he was our best player first half of the season.

#20 User is online   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:52

I see danny rose was interviewed on 5 live and it just confirms there isnt smoke without fire.
As expected he said kane will be at spurs forever breaking all records ! he isnt the worry.
The worry is some players might want away for fresh fields because they might regard spurs as the nearly side that nearly won the prem.
He went on to say that spurs need a marquee signing! by that i would expect he means a statement of intent by levy that spurs do mean business.
He also said he wished pochettino had always been his coach and that the younger players dont know what they have with pochettino.
He mentions injuries to dele or eriksen would be catastrophic because they play so many games all season but dont have able replacements.
I dont think he said anything we havent discussed on here before but it does confirm levy needs to spend big on at least one player and improve the strength in depth for pochettino.

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users