• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Danny Rose

#21 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:49

It seems that interview is indirectly sending a message to levy and rightly so.

Levy has been a very lucky boy with how well potch has done and the tools he has had to work with.

#22 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:55

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 27 May 2017 - 03:52, said:

I see danny rose was interviewed on 5 live and it just confirms there isnt smoke without fire.
As expected he said kane will be at spurs forever breaking all records ! he isnt the worry.
The worry is some players might want away for fresh fields because they might regard spurs as the nearly side that nearly won the prem.
He went on to say that spurs need a marquee signing! by that i would expect he means a statement of intent by levy that spurs do mean business.
He also said he wished pochettino had always been his coach and that the younger players dont know what they have with pochettino.
He mentions injuries to dele or eriksen would be catastrophic because they play so many games all season but dont have able replacements.
I dont think he said anything we havent discussed on here before but it does confirm levy needs to spend big on at least one player and improve the strength in depth for pochettino.

I get that and I wouldn't disagree with it but the reason we have got to where we are now is that we have improved players we have at the club and not bought in a whole new squad.
It's about getting the right players to improve us whether marquee or not , let's just hope levy supports the manager in what ever he wants.
Infact if I was levy I'd be offering the manager a new and improved long term deal

#23 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:43

e

#24 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:57

I think he was basically saying we have to win something quick! Next season we need a trophy, to win a trophy we need squad depth. So we need to make signings that are good enough to not only cover but potentially take the place of some players when on form. Big summer for us.

#25 User is offline   Notabadsquad 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:49

We do also need to be careful of comments being made by Rose and maybe others players who will follow suit.

It is one thing saying we need a world class player or a signature signing but is that what Pochettino wants? Is he going to Levy and making such demands? I am not certain he is.

We do need greater depth in our squad. Last time round many played at near optimum for long periods but our ability to deliver shock and awe were not quite as evident as maybe Chelsea and City despite our resilience in the face of injuries to key players.

I think a marquee signing (whatever that means) would be the cherry on a very well formed cake but at what cost and with what temperament? If we can get the kind of qualities shown by Ibrahimovic and Bale in his last season with us then for sure. If we were saddled with the stroppy antics of Sanchez or Berbatov at their babyish, dummy-throwing worst then hmmmmmm......

We are right at that tipping point of twist but how much and stick but at what cost.

#26 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 27 May 2017 - 21:34

I don't think he said anything wrong at all. He said what we, the players, management, board, press and the world knows to be true. It meant a lot because it confirmed the players talk amongst themselves and are just as much keen observers as the fans. I am a realist.

A player like Lloris has admitted he's only at the club because of Poch. The likes of Vertonghen and Dembele top players and will show more loyalty because as good as they are, we're as good as they can get in terms of playing week in week out and are settled and been with the club a while. The likes of Rose, Trippier and Davies will be there a while because they're grateful for what Poch has done for their careers. Walker was in that category but doesn't like the completion but the sad thing is if he did move he would be in the same boat but with only a better pay check to show for it.

The likes of Dier, Erriksson and Alli will be with us as long as we stay competitive but I expect Alli and Erriksson to leave one day even Hoddle left. Alderwireld will stay with a decent rise. The only two that it will pain them to walk is H and Winks and that's just the facts.

He said what happens if Alli and Erriksson get injured? worries we all have as there's such a drop in quality from them to what we've got as back up. Lamela? Don't think he's as committed as he makes out and I hope I'm proven wrong.

Marquee signing? The right marquee signing gives a lift not just to the fans but the players as well because as much as our players are performing to the top level I don't think they believe they're anything special yet. And players need to believe they are special to win trophies regularly. His words mean they are still in awe of big name players and explain why our top six record was poor this season and probably cost us the league.

Apart from the first transfer window and Wanyama and Son we've had very poor windows and have got away with it because of the first windows deals. That has created a proper team but Levy and Poch have to get this window right. We need a keeper that can challenge Lloris for the jersey as much as I rate him he is prone to clangers and seems nervous in big games in my opinion.

We need another CB so Dier can be pushed up to Wanyama for certain games unless Carter-Vickers can make the leap this season. Still think Barkley and Siggy are ideal if a little slow to rotate with Alli and Erriksson and play with them unless we can get an Isco as a marquee signing though unlikely.

And for H we need a top top striker whose powers are waning to come and be back up. Llorente would be ideal in my opinion. Any other striker of quality would want regular game time and it's not going to happen which means turning to potential we need both.

#27 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 May 2017 - 13:26

View Postaramak, on 27 May 2017 - 21:34, said:

I don't think he said anything wrong at all. He said what we, the players, management, board, press and the world knows to be true. It meant a lot because it confirmed the players talk amongst themselves and are just as much keen observers as the fans. I am a realist.

A player like Lloris has admitted he's only at the club because of Poch. The likes of Vertonghen and Dembele top players and will show more loyalty because as good as they are, we're as good as they can get in terms of playing week in week out and are settled and been with the club a while. The likes of Rose, Trippier and Davies will be there a while because they're grateful for what Poch has done for their careers. Walker was in that category but doesn't like the completion but the sad thing is if he did move he would be in the same boat but with only a better pay check to show for it.

The likes of Dier, Erriksson and Alli will be with us as long as we stay competitive but I expect Alli and Erriksson to leave one day even Hoddle left. Alderwireld will stay with a decent rise. The only two that it will pain them to walk is H and Winks and that's just the facts.

He said what happens if Alli and Erriksson get injured? worries we all have as there's such a drop in quality from them to what we've got as back up. Lamela? Don't think he's as committed as he makes out and I hope I'm proven wrong.

Marquee signing? The right marquee signing gives a lift not just to the fans but the players as well because as much as our players are performing to the top level I don't think they believe they're anything special yet. And players need to believe they are special to win trophies regularly. His words mean they are still in awe of big name players and explain why our top six record was poor this season and probably cost us the league.

Apart from the first transfer window and Wanyama and Son we've had very poor windows and have got away with it because of the first windows deals. That has created a proper team but Levy and Poch have to get this window right. We need a keeper that can challenge Lloris for the jersey as much as I rate him he is prone to clangers and seems nervous in big games in my opinion.

We need another CB so Dier can be pushed up to Wanyama for certain games unless Carter-Vickers can make the leap this season. Still think Barkley and Siggy are ideal if a little slow to rotate with Alli and Erriksson and play with them unless we can get an Isco as a marquee signing though unlikely.

And for H we need a top top striker whose powers are waning to come and be back up. Llorente would be ideal in my opinion. Any other striker of quality would want regular game time and it's not going to happen which means turning to potential we need both.

I'm still not sure it's as easy as just getting a maquee player to keep everyone happy.
Every club wants to improve there first eleven our problem is we are sitting just under the top of the food chain so players we want to make us improve no doubt city,chavs,utd,and liverfool want.
We then have to look at bar liverfool we can't match the other three for wages or even transfer fee so we are literally looking for a top quality player who will fit into and improve our first eleven that wants to join us and us only.

Think your looking at a very very small shortlist.

Rose also needs to remember he is where he is because he was given the chance to fulfil his potential, we may have a gem waiting in the wings ready to flourish and improve what we already have from within.

The summer is all about keeping the manager, then the players then trying to improve our eleven in that order imo.

#28 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 May 2017 - 19:47

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 27 May 2017 - 03:52, said:

I see danny rose was interviewed on 5 live and it just confirms there isnt smoke without fire.
As expected he said kane will be at spurs forever breaking all records ! he isnt the worry.
The worry is some players might want away for fresh fields because they might regard spurs as the nearly side that nearly won the prem.
He went on to say that spurs need a marquee signing! by that i would expect he means a statement of intent by levy that spurs do mean business.
He also said he wished pochettino had always been his coach and that the younger players dont know what they have with pochettino.
He mentions injuries to dele or eriksen would be catastrophic because they play so many games all season but dont have able replacements.
I dont think he said anything we havent discussed on here before but it does confirm levy needs to spend big on at least one player and improve the strength in depth for pochettino.

Yeah, good post. A marquee signing would really show our intent. We've got three guys who have scored over 20 goals, so we are a dangerous side. We all now feel that Levy should go that higher gear - and I don't just mean Barkley by this - so I'm "hoping" it's going to happen.

I've been very critical of Levy in the past (only on the football side) but now that the club is going in the right direction (at last) I want to get behind the guy.
I think the club needs the positivity to get onto the next level. The fact that our club has managed to buy, groom, and develop players like Bale, Modric, Dele, and HK says volumes for us really when you consider what other teams spend.

We now want the club to deliver some silverware at last. Frankly, when we came second I thought we were a better team than when Leicester came first.

#29 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 28 May 2017 - 19:52

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 28 March 2017 - 02:54, said:

I hear the gossip gathering pace that danny rose may be sold to help fund the new stadium.
50 mill is being mentioned as guardiola seeks to rebuild man city with a larger quota of english players.
As we all know this could be total rubbish ? however the goons had to sell their top players over the seasons to pay for their new stadium so maybe there is something in it especially with levy moaning about lack of (promised) funding from haringey council.

BB, I tend to agree with Yidio Yidio that it might trigger an exodus and we are ALL dreading that.

Levy must know the team has got the potential to bring in a lot of money. We were always on t.v. because we challenged for the league and the cup. Let's hope we can make better ground in the CL too.

#30 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:11

Over the papers this morning that we have resigned to losing him to Man Utd. Apparently potch has even lined up his replacement.
I know he is injured it may just be his agent putting it out there for more money which is what I was predicting. I'm expecting these stories for more players. It doesn't mean it's true or not true, but money will be at the heart of it. Any current footballers agent playing for us will do the same thing. I hope simon Jordan's tweet is not starting to become a reality. It's gonna be an uncomfortable summer for us fans

#31 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:39

55 grand a week apparently rose is on. He is now one of the best left backs in the country and has helped us ( kind of ) challenge for the title 2 seasons in a row. He wants more money. Totally understandable

#32 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:49

WARNING

All of my posts from now until the end of the transfer window will be based purely on newspaper conjecture or fabrications. My posts ,however will be made with the view that the information is accurate.

Apparently both Rose and Walker are now having me sick for the north and want to return to the land of the flat caps and whippets. What a load of absolute b******t. They both came to London when they were kids, Rose being only 17 . It's in the first couple of year that you get homesick.They have been here 8 years, most of the time being decent players. It is Poch who has turned them into the top full backs in the country . Co-incidence that only now they have become homesick. Spurs are both better than the two Manchester clubs and with the right investment will challenge next year. The year after ,the new stadium God what a future! Homesick my backside, honours my backside! It's all about Money. Money. Money

There are better attacking full backs than these two but not in this country.If they want to leave tell them to clear off ,buy new ones and let Poch work his magic on the new boys.

#33 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:51

Lads we had a good season with players performing brilliantly.
We knew players were going to be linked elsewhere in the summer so let's not s*** our pants till one of these deals actually happens.
Also good luck on any chairman,d.o.f or who ever it may be trying to strike a deal with levy , you will need you cheque book and some

#34 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:25

From what I can tell Danny Rose rumours are based on an interview in which he was talking about how some players will want to stay and some will want to leave and said the club can only do so much as it's down to individual players' attitudes. Said you have players like Harry Kane who want to stay at Spurs and break records and other players who might feel like they've done enough at Spurs and want to move on at some point. He finished that by saying "all the club can do is try and make the player see that we are moving in the right direction and if you stick with us it won't be long before we are winning something".

Instead the press decided to take the middle part, ignore the "stick with us" bit at the end and say that he's pushing for a move and Man Utd are favourites.

Ignoring all of that - who is paying 40M+ for a player who is undergoing knee surgery and not played football since January?

#35 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:40

View Posttomtom, on 30 May 2017 - 10:25, said:

From what I can tell Danny Rose rumours are based on an interview in which he was talking about how some players will want to stay and some will want to leave and said the club can only do so much as it's down to individual players' attitudes. Said you have players like Harry Kane who want to stay at Spurs and break records and other players who might feel like they've done enough at Spurs and want to move on at some point. He finished that by saying "all the club can do is try and make the player see that we are moving in the right direction and if you stick with us it won't be long before we are winning something".

Instead the press decided to take the middle part, ignore the "stick with us" bit at the end and say that he's pushing for a move and Man Utd are favourites.

Ignoring all of that - who is paying 40M+ for a player who is undergoing knee surgery and not played football since January?

Yeah, quite. This talk about Rose is rubbish. I have to admit though, it really gets down my throat the way the media are trying to break up our team.
They seem to be circling around Dier, too. I'm also a bit concerned that Toby has not yet signed a new contract.

I wish all this talk about Walker, Rose, Dier, and Toby would go away. I wish all this talk about us not being able to cut it at Wembley would go with it.
It's all very well some saying that Levy will get a grand price if any of them decide to leave but how do you replace them when they all know their roles in the team and are suited to our style? New players in these positions simply bring you back to square one. It's just an ever revolving circle.

What particularly bothers me at Spurs is how we go two paces forward and then one backwards. I'm really hoping that no-one else besides Walks decides to leave.
Somehow, (and I really don't know how), Levy has got to put a stop to this. We "may" be able to contend with Walks going when you look at Tripps but I'm not sure that Tripps has his aggression and certainly not his pace. Losing any of the other three would be a disaster, so like you, I just hope it is paper rubbish.

#36 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:19

If anything is say rose is one of the untouchables in our team him and poch are like father and son always in his office, he knows playing under poch keeps him on top of his game and the system allows him to shine..rose will never leave poch

#37 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:39

View Posthotsauce, on 30 May 2017 - 12:19, said:

If anything is say rose is one of the untouchables in our team him and poch are like father and son always in his office, he knows playing under poch keeps him on top of his game and the system allows him to shine..rose will never leave poch

That's bloody encouraging to hear that. You wonder if somehow Levy has to "adjust" these wages or at least meet some players half-way but I'll be the first to admit this is difficult.

Is Toby the best ball-playing centre back in the league? I think he is. Is Rose the best left back? He's certainly the best English left back.
Somehow we've got to keep all these players if we want to succeed and also keep Poch.

#38 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:43

View Postwillyid82, on 30 May 2017 - 09:51, said:

Lads we had a good season with players performing brilliantly.
We knew players were going to be linked elsewhere in the summer so let's not s*** our pants till one of these deals actually happens.
Also good luck on any chairman,d.o.f or who ever it may be trying to strike a deal with levy , you will need you cheque book and some

Yeah, hear what you say and I hope you're right. However, there are some players that I don't think we will be able to replace and certainly not be able to replace quickly so they blood in for next season.

#39 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2017 - 18:54

The reality is we just dont know what is going on.
Of course certain papers with journalists who hate spurs will spout cr@p all the time and try to break up what has become a title challenging team.
We read that utter buffoon (full of his own spurs hate venom) piers morgan twittering all sorts of garbage because he is so fooking childish.
Along with wenger who has tried to stir up the sediment by saying " spurs will have trouble because they dont pay the going rate "
I read kane is subject to this offer and that offer and going to man utd when deep down we know he,s a spurs legend and will stay till his career is over.
All absolute fooking garbage.
Who writes that s***e about rose and walker going ? has walker said that in his tweets ?
Its ok to discuss the garbage which is written everyday about spurs and our players ! its another actually believing it.

#40 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:59

FWIW I hear there's some truth in the Walker rumours (still not convinced he'll go, would suggest a flutter on him staying... I think 70/30 he stays imo) but the Rose and Kane ones are absolute nonsense.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users