• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Danny Rose

#361 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 03 September 2018 - 15:41

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 12:08, said:

Ben Davies vs. Watford:

73.8% pass accuracy
0 chances created
0 crosses completed (6 attempted)
0 tackles attempted
1 take-on completed
1 ball recovery
1 pass inside the penalty-area
1 interception

Off the pace. https://t.co/Me9Xf7cKhR

That's poor by any standard

#362 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:27

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 12:08, said:

Ben Davies vs. Watford:

73.8% pass accuracy
0 chances created
0 crosses completed (6 attempted)
0 tackles attempted
1 take-on completed
1 ball recovery
1 pass inside the penalty-area
1 interception

Off the pace. https://t.co/Me9Xf7cKhR

In no way am I defending Davies here as the stats above make it difficult to defend his performance but he is not a wing back.
I posted last season after the Swansea game that as wing back we are asking him to deliver performances that he is not capable of as wing back for a top four side.
He is a left back .

#363 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:43

He was great at times last season and showed he has it in his locker to beat players with a bit of skill or a dummy and deliver good crosses. He's never going to be rapid but he has other skills.

He's started this season very poorly though. Poch needs to sort out LBs out

#364 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:44

Does anyone think Rose did enough against United to keep his place ? Hindsight can be a wonderful thing.

#365 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 September 2018 - 17:08

Nope. It's our weakest position ATM. Sonny returning will help as he overlaps on that side well.

#366 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 03 September 2018 - 17:15

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 17:08, said:

Nope. It's our weakest position ATM. Sonny returning will help as he overlaps on that side well.

As would 2 DM's in front of a three CB line up. That's how to get Rose back to anything like his best, give him some confidence to bomb forward.

Davies is usually more dependable, he started last season well. Lets hope its the same blip as the others are seemingly having. Trips stats yesterday weren't much either iirc

#367 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 September 2018 - 17:50

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 September 2018 - 17:15, said:

As would 2 DM's in front of a three CB line up. That's how to get Rose back to anything like his best, give him some confidence to bomb forward.

Davies is usually more dependable, he started last season well. Lets hope its the same blip as the others are seemingly having. Trips stats yesterday weren't much either iirc

That was the problem playing 3 at the back last season as the 2 current inform wing backs are indeed not wing backs and struggle for pace in this formation no matter what the stats showed in the WC for Trips. They're solid full backs and the loss of form/injury of Rose and the selling of Walker affected that formation badly and why Poch has to revert back to a 4 if he wants the best for the team.

He's going to have to man up and drop either Sanchez or Toby at the risk of upsetting either because we simply don't have the over lapping fullbacks barring Rose to play this way and his form is still quite weak at the moment but could play himself into form like you said with two DM's in that system.

#368 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 September 2018 - 23:20

for balance, I believe Danny Rose's pass completion % during the Man U game was 38%!

With Sonny not here our LBs are left a bit exposed on the left hand side with limited options. A fully fit Rose would be able to handle it much better, as would an in form Davies, but we need Sonny back as Eriksen and Dele aren't helping them out enough.

#369 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:33

Danny Rose had a good game last night, he looks like he is coming back to his best, also won man of the match. With Davies looking out of form this is good news, worried about Kane , he looks cream crackered.

#370 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:50

View PostSpurs scout, on 12 September 2018 - 07:33, said:

Danny Rose had a good game last night, he looks like he is coming back to his best, also won man of the match. With Davies looking at of form this is good news, worried about Kane , he looks cream crackered.

Kane needs to be saved from himself,, any other top player knows when to rule himself out of pointless games and knows when he needs to rest. Southgate should know better as Well knowing how much football kane has played over the last 3 years with no rest

#371 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 16:25

View Posthotsauce, on 12 September 2018 - 11:50, said:

Kane needs to be saved from himself,, any other top player knows when to rule himself out of pointless games and knows when he needs to rest. Southgate should know better as Well knowing how much football kane has played over the last 3 years with no rest

The stats show he has not had a proper rest since he played in the under21 tournament.

#372 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 December 2018 - 13:18

https://www.independ...s-a8692381.html

#373 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 15:00

"If I look back at where I was a year ago, I wasn’t playing too often,” Rose added

“After the World Cup I called the manager and we spoke, we spoke for an hour before the first game at Newcastle and we spoke for an hour after that. We spoke for quite a long time and the one main thing that stuck out from what he said to me was ‘Danny — stop wasting time’.

“So yeah, I’m not wasting any more time. I’ve got my head down again and I’m doing alright at the minute. I’m trying to get back to where I was a couple of years ago.

“He told me to be fully focused on [Tottenham]. And if you’re not fully focused then you’re free to leave the club. So I told him that I am fully focused. And I’m going to be here to fight and help the club progress. And I hope that I am showing that in my performances and in training as well.”

#374 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 15:03

Humble Danny is the best Danny.

Shame he's a bit bipolar but if he stays with this mindset and can be fit for most of the rest of the season he solves a big problem for us. Back to looking like best LB in the league, or close to it, in last couple of games for us. Been far too long since we were last able to say that.

#375 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 December 2018 - 18:15

Very true that Tom. Still think he's still a good way short on what he was 2 years ago but still better than anything we've got currently

#376 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:04

Normally I hate Danny Rose speaking out but I like his latest comments.

If he wins the Champions League, after scoring a screamer on his debut against Arsenal, and leaves the club, I don't think there will be a player in history who could match that.

Also, he is the only one on the pitch who appears to lead.

#377 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:36

View Post50 Cent, on 10 May 2019 - 11:04, said:

Normally I hate Danny Rose speaking out but I like his latest comments.

If he wins the Champions League, after scoring a screamer on his debut against Arsenal, and leaves the club, I don't think there will be a player in history who could match that.

Also, he is the only one on the pitch who appears to lead.

Levy MUSN'T let him leave. He's the England left back for crying out loud and pretty much back to his best. He was brilliant in both the semi's and also proved he can be effective in midfield.

Pay the guy what he's worth. We've all been talking about who we'd like to buy but we've got to KEEP the key players that we've got. Danny is definitely one of them. I really don't want to see Danny, Eriksen, or Toby go but I fear Toby will probably leave. However there's no reason why we can't keep the first two.

In my opinion Kane, Eriksen, Son, Moura, Dele, Big Moose, and Danny Rose are indispensable and make up the crux of the club.

There are a couple of players on the borderline like Lloris (he's great when he's good but gives me kittens sometimes) and also Verts, (I like him but he's not getting any younger at 32).

Obviously, we've also got to keep our younger players who are still improving, still gaining experience and still being groomed and we all know who they are.

We've GOT to keep the crux of the club and add to it. Crikey, how can we sell three key players like Eriksen, Danny, and Toby who have been instrumental in getting us to a CL final???? It doesn't make sense because these are all top players who would all be snapped up in an instance by other clubs.

I know we've lost 13 games but the reality is our squad wasn't big enough, we couldn't compensate for injuries sometimes, and we didn't have enough game changers from the bench.

#378 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:47

IF we do sell him because he wants to leave then we need to replace him with another top left back. It would be very hard to replace him and over the last few months he has shown how great he can be. If he wants to stay then offer him a new contract, for me he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

#379 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2019 - 12:29

I probably see it differently to most fans. Danny Rose was unfortunate with the Kyle Walker situation. In some aspect, what he said was true. On the other hand, he disrespected the fans, was injured, and I wish he had left the club and we sold him to United when his stock was high, with Shaw the other way when Mourinho took over. That deal would have been great for everyone at the time, and I include Mr. Rose in that who wanted to leave to win trophies.

Personally I feel that no player is bigger than the club, and that if there is a disagreement between the chairman, the manager, and the player, it should not have to be sorted out by media comments and going public. I realise it is a method of getting what you want short term, and a last resort, but long term it is better if a deal is reached. If it is in the best interest to not pay him what he wants and let him leave, then that is the situation.

I agree as a supporter in an ideal world all of the players and management should get what they want to stay and drive the club forward. In reality, if we won the CL, and Poch and Rose left, demanding the impossible, we would lose a good player and a good manager and I would wish them well.

I take the point the manager should be backed to compete. Especially when you see what happened to Leicester when they sold Kante. At the same time, no player or manager is bigger than the club, and we were in relegation form in the second half of the season.

So, in other words, it is not a clear-cut situation. That said, when Zidane and Ronaldo left, Madrid probably regretted it. Not because they would have still dipped, but that it is hard to rebuild with or without the people there.

And, ultimately, fans would probably respect going down with Pochettino and Rose rather than going down with someone else.

#380 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 10 May 2019 - 13:43

He has done and said some daft things in the past that have pissed me off as a fan to the point I wanted home gone but he is now on the cusp of legendary status.

I will always from here on in remember his performance and never say die attitude especially in the second leg v Ajax.
He has completely changed my tune towards him.

Share this topic:

• 20 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users