• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Danny Rose

#361 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 03 September 2018 - 15:41

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 12:08, said:

Ben Davies vs. Watford:

73.8% pass accuracy
0 chances created
0 crosses completed (6 attempted)
0 tackles attempted
1 take-on completed
1 ball recovery
1 pass inside the penalty-area
1 interception

Off the pace. https://t.co/Me9Xf7cKhR

That's poor by any standard

#362 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:27

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 12:08, said:

Ben Davies vs. Watford:

73.8% pass accuracy
0 chances created
0 crosses completed (6 attempted)
0 tackles attempted
1 take-on completed
1 ball recovery
1 pass inside the penalty-area
1 interception

Off the pace. https://t.co/Me9Xf7cKhR

In no way am I defending Davies here as the stats above make it difficult to defend his performance but he is not a wing back.
I posted last season after the Swansea game that as wing back we are asking him to deliver performances that he is not capable of as wing back for a top four side.
He is a left back .

#363 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:43

He was great at times last season and showed he has it in his locker to beat players with a bit of skill or a dummy and deliver good crosses. He's never going to be rapid but he has other skills.

He's started this season very poorly though. Poch needs to sort out LBs out

#364 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 03 September 2018 - 16:44

Does anyone think Rose did enough against United to keep his place ? Hindsight can be a wonderful thing.

#365 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 September 2018 - 17:08

Nope. It's our weakest position ATM. Sonny returning will help as he overlaps on that side well.

#366 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 03 September 2018 - 17:15

View Posttomtom, on 03 September 2018 - 17:08, said:

Nope. It's our weakest position ATM. Sonny returning will help as he overlaps on that side well.

As would 2 DM's in front of a three CB line up. That's how to get Rose back to anything like his best, give him some confidence to bomb forward.

Davies is usually more dependable, he started last season well. Lets hope its the same blip as the others are seemingly having. Trips stats yesterday weren't much either iirc

#367 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 04 September 2018 - 17:50

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 September 2018 - 17:15, said:

As would 2 DM's in front of a three CB line up. That's how to get Rose back to anything like his best, give him some confidence to bomb forward.

Davies is usually more dependable, he started last season well. Lets hope its the same blip as the others are seemingly having. Trips stats yesterday weren't much either iirc

That was the problem playing 3 at the back last season as the 2 current inform wing backs are indeed not wing backs and struggle for pace in this formation no matter what the stats showed in the WC for Trips. They're solid full backs and the loss of form/injury of Rose and the selling of Walker affected that formation badly and why Poch has to revert back to a 4 if he wants the best for the team.

He's going to have to man up and drop either Sanchez or Toby at the risk of upsetting either because we simply don't have the over lapping fullbacks barring Rose to play this way and his form is still quite weak at the moment but could play himself into form like you said with two DM's in that system.

#368 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 September 2018 - 23:20

for balance, I believe Danny Rose's pass completion % during the Man U game was 38%!

With Sonny not here our LBs are left a bit exposed on the left hand side with limited options. A fully fit Rose would be able to handle it much better, as would an in form Davies, but we need Sonny back as Eriksen and Dele aren't helping them out enough.

#369 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:33

Danny Rose had a good game last night, he looks like he is coming back to his best, also won man of the match. With Davies looking out of form this is good news, worried about Kane , he looks cream crackered.

#370 User is online   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:50

View PostSpurs scout, on 12 September 2018 - 07:33, said:

Danny Rose had a good game last night, he looks like he is coming back to his best, also won man of the match. With Davies looking at of form this is good news, worried about Kane , he looks cream crackered.

Kane needs to be saved from himself,, any other top player knows when to rule himself out of pointless games and knows when he needs to rest. Southgate should know better as Well knowing how much football kane has played over the last 3 years with no rest

#371 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 16:25

View Posthotsauce, on 12 September 2018 - 11:50, said:

Kane needs to be saved from himself,, any other top player knows when to rule himself out of pointless games and knows when he needs to rest. Southgate should know better as Well knowing how much football kane has played over the last 3 years with no rest

The stats show he has not had a proper rest since he played in the under21 tournament.

#372 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 December 2018 - 13:18

https://www.independ...s-a8692381.html

#373 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 15:00

"If I look back at where I was a year ago, I wasn’t playing too often,” Rose added

“After the World Cup I called the manager and we spoke, we spoke for an hour before the first game at Newcastle and we spoke for an hour after that. We spoke for quite a long time and the one main thing that stuck out from what he said to me was ‘Danny — stop wasting time’.

“So yeah, I’m not wasting any more time. I’ve got my head down again and I’m doing alright at the minute. I’m trying to get back to where I was a couple of years ago.

“He told me to be fully focused on [Tottenham]. And if you’re not fully focused then you’re free to leave the club. So I told him that I am fully focused. And I’m going to be here to fight and help the club progress. And I hope that I am showing that in my performances and in training as well.”

#374 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 December 2018 - 15:03

Humble Danny is the best Danny.

Shame he's a bit bipolar but if he stays with this mindset and can be fit for most of the rest of the season he solves a big problem for us. Back to looking like best LB in the league, or close to it, in last couple of games for us. Been far too long since we were last able to say that.

#375 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 20 December 2018 - 18:15

Very true that Tom. Still think he's still a good way short on what he was 2 years ago but still better than anything we've got currently

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users