ďI will have my say on the summerĒ

Does this guy ever learn?
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#462 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:58

I think he is "trying to learn" by not going to The Sun ahead of the first game of the season.

He has reached the international break and is taking a different course of action.

To be honest, I feel like it is a dig at the club and not the manager.

Which is strange because with the likes of Walker and Trippier it seems more like a dig at the manager and not the club.

All in all, something is not right, but I am bored of it all.

#463 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:33

Sold players upset with manager's treatment. SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG.

Come on. Not like he forced Walker to train with the kids when he got tapped up, maybe he should have.

I'd have sold Trippier myself. I know we don't have a replacement but I'd rather it was a kid making daft mistakes and learning than a grown man who should know better and won't improve further.

As for Danny... His attitude still stinks but I'm glad he's deciding not to go public with his grievances this time. Just knuckle down and show why we'd be daft to sell you and everyone will be happy...

Had a good game for England. Albeit against rubbish opposition.

#464 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:36

Err, not wrong because of the sold players and managers treatment. Wrong because they are sold to clubs that will have a better chance of winning their leagues. We will have a worse chance of winning ours. Wrong because the club structure hasn't scheduled in adequate replacements. Wrong because the manager hasn't developed youth players adequate to fulfill the replacements. Wrong because we have three players at left back and a bought right back that isn't even second choice and an unbalanced and unsettled squad after six years.

#465 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 September 2019 - 16:31

Some valid points but absolutely nothing to do with what Walker or Trippier might have said after being sold.

Don't think Trippier is upset because he's joined a good team and we've not bought a CL ready replacement for him. He's upset Poch didn't rate him enough. Walker was upset that when his head got turned Poch chose to pick Trips over him as he felt he was more committed. Think we all would have rather Walker didn't get poached, Poch included.

#466 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:58

Nothing to do with that? Lol.

Poch left Walker out of important matches and played Trippier instead.

The fact that the manager complains about an unsettled squad and takes no responsibility for leading his own players is telling.

#467 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:13

We're going round in circles. I feel you're conflating things that are unrelated to fit your narrative but I'll leave it there as we're not really getting anywhere.

#468 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 November 2019 - 16:59

Yet again making himself a headline story with comments about how heís not leaving in January and will leave at the end of his contract. Just rip up his contract.

#469 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 November 2019 - 23:47

View PostChrisPienaar, on 13 November 2019 - 16:59, said:

Yet again making himself a headline story with comments about how heís not leaving in January and will leave at the end of his contract. Just rip up his contract.

Whatís wrong with honouring his contract?

#470 User is offline   50 Cent 

• Club Captain

Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:31

Nobody wants to hear it and he isn't serving anyone. Your club is 14th in the league. Your own on the pitch performances have been questioned. That is a time to shut up and work hard.

Reading his full comments, he is having a pop at the hierarchy of THFC and separating it from the manager.

General point being no self-respecting Spurs fan gives a s*** because he has earnt enough for two people's lottery winning lifetimes over five years.

He may have a point in terms of Levy is earning twice as much as him and Levy isn't doing a good job in the summer and with contracts and sporting direction in general.

But I don't think Poch has been doing a good job of late either.

#471 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2019 - 09:24

Brilliant post 50

#472 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 November 2019 - 10:26

Danny Rose, Toby Alderweireld and Jan all apparently have grievances with the club concerning wages. Three years ago all of these formed 75% of what many would have considered the best back four defensive line up in the Premiership. Considering their grievances and the fact that they are losing speed to perform in Poch’s high line ,is it any wonder why we are in such a depressing situation?

Because of his verbal diarrhoea I get the impression that Danny is behind much of the unrest at the club. We are going to lose a transfer fee for him, so pay up his contract and release him in January. He certainly won’t be joining a club that will ever be challenging for a top 4 place.

#473 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:27

View Postelectricpace, on 13 November 2019 - 23:47, said:

Whatís wrong with honouring his contract?

Absolutely nothing if he shuts up and sees it out but every comment he makes Is a blatant dig at the club that has bloody made him. Heís been here what, 12 years? He owes us his whole career and acts like we are nothing to him. Please shut up and leave.

#474 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 November 2019 - 17:39

Yet again making himself a headline story with comments about how he’s not leaving in January and will leave at the end of his contract. Just rip up his contract.

Rose did not say anything wrong so I don't get why people are pissed off with him, I agree he does annoying love to talk to the meda but all he said was that our club is the one that is trying to sell him and he is leaving at his own terms by running down his contract, what is wrong with that. The problem with Rose is that he is just being honest when asked the question

#475 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 November 2019 - 17:48

Yet again making himself a headline story with comments about how he’s not leaving in January and will leave at the end of his contract. Just rip up his contract.

#476 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 14 November 2019 - 19:19

Rose has a chip on both shoulders, always has. He mentioned his treatment from the fans when he was trying to hold down his place as a left back with us when he was eager to tell us all he knew his worth just after signing a £65K a week contract. Hinting he could get more elsewhere, when rumours that United were tapping him up were all over the media.

Dosen't do himself any favours, and lost the respect of many who had actually backed him to make it at Spurs when others didn't. I'd have sold him to United when £50M was reportedly on the offing.

I lost any respect for him when he opened up with his google remarks etc. Wished he'd pissed off to Watford in the summer, would have been funny.

#477 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 November 2019 - 00:59

With you Yids. I defended him when everyone here said he was s***.

I was nearly laughed off the board for saying he would be England's number 1 LB one day when he came back from Sunderland.

He's a bad apple and the rot is spreading. He's bitter towards the club and needs to be cut off from the young players.

If he'd kept his trap shut he'd have probably got a pay rise and an extension a year or two ago. Instead he put himself before the club on several occasions and now he's doing it again.

Worst team form of Poch's tenure. Claims to look at him like a father but rather than just saying "we're playing badly and I'm going to do everything to put it right" he's decided to talk about not leaving in January/running his contract down when he was actually asked about his form. STFU and do your job Danny.

#478 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:34

I think he has problems, Iím not excusing his behaviour as like Tom I feel a little peeved as I also backed him as I do with most players .

And letís be fair I doesnít help that our manager comes out with daft interviews itís not really setting an example.

#479 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:19

View Postwillyid82, on 16 November 2019 - 06:34, said:

I think he has problems, Iím not excusing his behaviour as like Tom I feel a little peeved as I also backed him as I do with most players .

And letís be fair I doesnít help that our manager comes out with daft interviews itís not really setting an example.

He does have problems, but even that he decided to play out in the media just after he'd been picked to go to an International tournament.

He might want to consider others for once in his self obsessed life.

#480 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 16 November 2019 - 13:21

View PostYidio Yidio, on 16 November 2019 - 10:19, said:

He does have problems, but even that he decided to play out in the media just after he'd been picked to go to an International tournament.

He might want to consider others for once in his self obsessed life.

Donít think he will change though yids , and I donít think poch can do much about it as he is also prone to an unusual outburst.

The shame is that he will be approaching 15 odd years with the club and itís a sad situation as you have pointed out that he has a chip on his shoulder for a player who has been around for so long.

Once he stops playing I have a feeling he will regret a lot of it

Share this topic:

• 30 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users