• You cannot reply to this topic

Hostile posts & personal attacks

#1 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:33

Hi all,

After some contacting to old members by Journeyman, we've learned that a lot of people stopped posting because of the hostile reactions on this forum. As admin team, we're obviously not happy to hear this & will start moderating quicker and harder.

As you may have noticed, 'Alisidy' was banned recently for calling names to all other forummembers.
Today I've banned 'Old Grey Yid' for hostile behaviour and calling names.

To be honest: I'm sick & tired of all these reports coming in. Please behave yourselves or go somewhere else.

Best regards,
Bart

#2 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:46

I have gone through a ban and was surprised to find i had a second chance.
There are other spurs sites but this one reminds me of my old one and they were like a big family on there before the forum collapsed through bad arguments between certain members who wanted the last word.
I have been on spurs forums since 2004 and 2 have gone the same way through disagreements.
If its any benefit to anyone on here then i suggest debating sensibly and if whoever you are debating a point with gets insulting just withdraw and say its your last take on the subject.
The alternative is that the forum might go the same way as the other two i was involved in and i wasnt a saint at all ! i got involved big time but since have learned my lesson.
Its good talking tottenham so lets keep it that way. :spurs:

Now for burnley .....................! going for 4-0 again as i did against hull . :yahoo:

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:48

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 15 December 2016 - 10:33, said:

Hi all,

After some contacting to old members by Journeyman, we've learned that a lot of people stopped posting because of the hostile reactions on this forum. As admin team, we're obviously not happy to hear this & will start moderating quicker and harder.

As you may have noticed, 'Alisidy' was banned recently for calling names to all other forummembers.
Today I've banned 'Old Grey Yid' for hostile behaviour and calling names.

To be honest: I'm sick & tired of all these reports coming in. Please behave yourselves or go somewhere else.

Best regards,
Bart

This I will add has come about because of dicussions we have had in private re issues, and I am whole heartidly with Bart on this,everyone is entitled to an opinion without being slagged off by someone who doesnt agree, no matter who you are. and the same will happen to anyone else. but as he has said its all the reports he said this, he said that, have your sessions in the fight club if not YOU WILL BE GONE THATS FOR SURE. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 December 2016 - 15:55

Shouldn't even have a fight club.

Nice to see moderation kick in at all let alone ever.

The sites been better for the last 6 months noticeably. You do need to consider doing permanent bans for those who continue to break rules.
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#5 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 22 December 2016 - 18:36

That is already being done

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#6 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:23

Good man. Appreciated
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#7 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 December 2016 - 13:48

I agree with RR regarding the existence of Fight Club.

It is also good to see regular Admin presence, compared to the l-o-n-g period (when you were on a sabbatical Journo) during which RR was doing the role entirely on his own it seemed - and being targeted for attack by a small group.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#8 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 23 December 2016 - 15:28

Very pleased to hear this. I've reduced posting recently due to a couple of members who seem h*ll bent on stirring stuff up and not allowing for counter view points. In turn I have been guilty of trying to bring them to task (and admit that I should not have become involved). A robust policing will ensure that we can all voice an opinion and allow those that disagree to be able to freely do so, and vice-versa. Leave the insults behind and we're in a better place.

To be honest, Planet Spurs is quite tame compared to some Spurs forums out there...

Thank you to the moderators who have a thankless task and are sometimes are up against it.

#9 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:33

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 22 December 2016 - 15:55, said:

Shouldn't even have a fight club.

Nice to see moderation kick in at all let alone ever.

The sites been better for the last 6 months noticeably. You do need to consider doing permanent bans for those who continue to break rules.

I have to agree there shouldnt even be a fight club.
The thing is when you go on forums ! and by that i dont mean spurs forums exclusively but various forums as a whole to give an opinion on something ! why oh why do some people not only disagree with what you are saying but have to end their arguments with words like "idiot" "cretin" "imbecile" " stupid" etc etc if you get my meaning ?
I couldnt give a pair of nuns knickers if someone disagrees with an opinion i have posted ! what i dont like is the rabid insults and thats when i react myself and insult back.
However i have taught myself not to react anymore and leave it.

#10 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 24 December 2016 - 21:21

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 23 December 2016 - 15:28, said:

Very pleased to hear this. I've reduced posting recently due to a couple of members who seem h*ll bent on stirring stuff up and not allowing for counter view points. In turn I have been guilty of trying to bring them to task (and admit that I should not have become involved). A robust policing will ensure that we can all voice an opinion and allow those that disagree to be able to freely do so, and vice-versa. Leave the insults behind and we're in a better place.

To be honest, Planet Spurs is quite tame compared to some Spurs forums out there...

Thank you to the moderators who have a thankless task and are sometimes are up against it.

Much appreciated mate. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users