• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst.?

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:39

I see liverpools form has taken a slight turn for the worse lately with herr klopp saying "the first half of the season is in our legs" well its the same for all of the prem teams really with the season starting in 3rd week of august.
Sometimes the appointment of a new coach/manager has a great effect on a team for a while ! like pardew at c.palace for example before it started to go boobs up.
I see from old posts on here that greavsie is a great fan of Jurgen Norbert Klopp and would have him ahead of pochettino at spurs ! i preferred to reserve judgement on klopp because he hasnt been at liverpool that long really.( Oct 15th 2015)
Not knocking the bloke because he has them up in the top 6 of the prem this season.
But with the 2 cup defeats to southampton and the home defeat by swansea :shock: has klopps liverpool bubble burst ? or is it just a little mid season wobble ?

#2 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:57

I think guardiola and klopp have both underestimated the strength of the teams outside the top six in the prem.

In the prem the teams outside the top six are a lot stronger than in any other league and I think especially klopp has been found wanting of this.

I was listening to Carragher after the game and this is the reason liverfool fans grind my gears.
'Liverpool have a great manager in charge but Liverpool have the weakest squad in the top six'.

Your manager has been there 18 months and is edging towards the end of his third transfer window, I myself like klopp but if Carragher really believes that then that's shambolic.three transfer windows and he has not improved the squad?
I know one thing is when he took over they never had the sixth best squad in the league so if the have now klopp has taken Liverpool backwards.

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:38

e

#4 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:53

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 January 2017 - 09:38, said:

Klopp would have been a good fit for Spurs. If you look back Spurs were always a side that you couldn't predict, going from the sublime to the ridiculous and us fans could never feel comfortable with any lead. "A good cup side" was often our label but the emergence of an extra couple of wealth teams has made that more difficult. "Spurs play with a swagger" is another often used quote but we didn't do that every game.

Klopp seems to be an excellent fit for the Spurs I've watched all my life. Do I want him? Not on your life, I'm sick of repeating all that over and over again. I'm loving having a team that can defend, feeling way more comfortable protecting a lead.

If you haven't got ridiculous wealth, you need to be able to defend if you want to compete. It will cost a lot of money to out play the big clubs and I don't think it's sustainable.

Klopp has been naïve on the strength of the Prem, and his stats against the bottom clubs probably prove that, but his real slip up is being naïve towards the strength of Liverpool within the prem and their inability to hold on to their best players over the last decade.

I'll reserve judgement on Klopps ability to build a team away from Germany, he hasn't really done much recruitment at Pool even if he ought to have done by now.

As for Pep, he will have the luxury of mega money to buy the team he wants, he would have been s***e at Liverpool.

I know, some fans can not recognise what Poch has done for our team, Yes they is negatives like not taking cup competitions seriously and throwing all his eggs in the basket to make sure we get into the top 4, Personally that sounds to me like a instruction from above. We are no longer very inconsistent and soft. Our ground is a fortress, Our winning percentage has gone up, we are now talked about with the term the top six, Our players actually play for the manager and seem to love him.

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:06

I honestly think the Poch debate is dead. It's beyond doubt that ENIC/Levy made a very good decision by getting him. He fits the club on the face of what we can see, but football has a tendency to take a sharp twist at any given moment, and a future can only be full of hope at best.

It only takes another billionaire who is bored with all his other toys to come along and shaft football as a sport.

#6 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:52

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 January 2017 - 11:06, said:

I honestly think the Poch debate is dead. It's beyond doubt that ENIC/Levy made a very good decision by getting him. He fits the club on the face of what we can see, but football has a tendency to take a sharp twist at any given moment, and a future can only be full of hope at best.

It only takes another billionaire who is bored with all his other toys to come along and shaft football as a sport.

I think they should have stuck with Sherwood.

#7 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:59

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 January 2017 - 09:38, said:

Klopp would have been a good fit for Spurs. If you look back Spurs were always a side that you couldn't predict, going from the sublime to the ridiculous and us fans could never feel comfortable with any lead. "A good cup side" was often our label but the emergence of an extra couple of wealth teams has made that more difficult. "Spurs play with a swagger" is another often used quote but we didn't do that every game.

Klopp seems to be an excellent fit for the Spurs I've watched all my life. Do I want him? Not on your life, I'm sick of repeating all that over and over again. I'm loving having a team that can defend, feeling way more comfortable protecting a lead.

If you haven't got ridiculous wealth, you need to be able to defend if you want to compete. It will cost a lot of money to out play the big clubs and I don't think it's sustainable.

Klopp has been naïve on the strength of the Prem, and his stats against the bottom clubs probably prove that, but his real slip up is being naïve towards the strength of Liverpool within the prem and their inability to hold on to their best players over the last decade.

I'll reserve judgement on Klopps ability to build a team away from Germany, he hasn't really done much recruitment at Pool even if he ought to have done by now.

As for Pep, he will have the luxury of mega money to buy the team he wants, he would have been s***e at Liverpool.

It takes a bit of getting used to in the EPL, and I much prefer Poch's way of facing the media. Klopp talks to much and Pep is a spoilt brat.

I don't mind klopp as a personality or as a manager but your right ge likes the sound of his own voice.
He looked a bit of a bell end last night in his interview as the reporter asked what more was needed and he replied'we need to score', when the reporter asked to elaborate klopp got stroppy.

Yet in the pre match interview he was comming out with all kind guff about how they are going to approach the game.

#8 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:25

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 26 January 2017 - 06:39, said:

I see from old posts on here that greavsie is a great fan of Jurgen Norbert Klopp and would have him ahead of pochettino at spurs !

I stand by it too. If we had appointed him in 2014, by now we would have won something.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#9 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:56

View PostMr. Greaves, on 26 January 2017 - 12:25, said:

I stand by it too. If we had appointed him in 2014, by now we would have won something.

We have ! Qualification for the 2016 champions league . Herr klopp hasnt managed it yet and is blaming latest failures on the epl match programme and tired legs. :lmao:

#10 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 January 2017 - 13:22

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 26 January 2017 - 12:56, said:

We have ! Qualification for the 2016 champions league . Herr klopp hasnt managed it yet and is blaming latest failures on the epl match programme and tired legs. :lmao:

All things being equal. Coming to us three years ago was a totally different proposition to going to Liverpool last year.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)

#11 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 13:52

View PostMr. Greaves, on 26 January 2017 - 12:25, said:

:lmao:

He's talking an awful lot of cr@p lately Greavsie, and making a h*ll of a lot of excuses. I've yet to hear him take any blame.............and I know you don't like that :wink:

#12 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 January 2017 - 14:10

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 January 2017 - 13:52, said:

:lmao:

He's talking an awful lot of cr@p lately Greavsie, and making a h*ll of a lot of excuses. I've yet to hear him take any blame.............and I know you don't like that :wink:

You know how it is..... you like some people, but not others. Nothing more than that to my preferring Klopp to Pochettino.

#13 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 14:37

View PostMr. Greaves, on 26 January 2017 - 14:10, said:

You know how it is..... you like some people, but not others. Nothing more than that to my preferring Klopp to Pochettino.

Fair enough, I'll refrain from further debate :cheers:

#14 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 January 2017 - 15:36

View PostMr. Greaves, on 26 January 2017 - 13:22, said:

All things being equal. Coming to us three years ago was a totally different proposition to going to Liverpool last year.

May 2014 for poch and obviously the season began of august that year.
Jurgen Norbert Klopp appointed liverpool coach october 15th 2015.

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 January 2017 - 17:12

Do find it ironic that he is blaming fixture congestion when they haven't even had Europe to contend with... Can only hope they make a Europa league place and continue to struggle next year.

#16 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 January 2017 - 17:42

View PostMr. Greaves, on 26 January 2017 - 13:22, said:

Glad he went there as a different proposition to us. (fed to the wolves) :lmao:
I,ll stick with senor pochetino. :wink:

#17 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:36

either Klopp will be gone at the end of the season (which is unlikely imo) or there will be a significant personnel change. Seems rumours of dressing room unrest haven't been exaggerated and a couple players have one foot out the door already. Hopefully we can compound those issues :niceone:

#18 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:49

View Posttomtom, on 10 February 2017 - 02:36, said:

either Klopp will be gone at the end of the season (which is unlikely imo) or there will be a significant personnel change. Seems rumours of dressing room unrest haven't been exaggerated and a couple players have one foot out the door already.

I agree with that.

Like us, Liverpool need to stick with a manager and let him build and the squad there isn't yet his - a factor high in importance when it related to Pochettino here. He did a decent job in the first non-full season there and they looked good early on this season before injury, and only the most blinkered couldn't agree they were truly formidable going forward.

He has got a track record of winning stuff which suggests he is more than just a physo-babble philosophy merchant but, for us, it is good that they have slumped.

#19 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:08

What do you make of him losing 5 successive finals? Unlucky or not quite able to get a ruthless streak into a team if there's another team that want it more at the final hurdle?

This isn't me slagging him off as even reaching some of those finals was a great achievement. Just intrigued to know your thoughts on why his record is becoming unenviable once in the last 2.

#20 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:34

I didn't realise it was as many as five. I was aware he had lost the last three but, as you say, getting to that many finals is a great achievement in itself (especially two in his first season at Liverpool) and something that needs to be on Pochettinos' CV soon.

No idea why they don't turn into wins, but I would imagine it is not a single factor in all of them. I didn't follow him that closely in Germany, but with Liverpool against Sevilla they started well but Sevilla seem to know a thing or two about how to win the EL.

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users