• You cannot reply to this topic

Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst.?

#121 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 03 June 2018 - 22:15

View Postjourneyman, on 03 June 2018 - 13:24, said:

Shameful and awful that. That is nothing short of disgusting.Wishing that on someone all because of a game, to what depths of despair does so called support go.

Some people need to get a life journo !

Football is great but because of a lost game you would wish that on someone ?

I despair of the human race sometimes.

#122 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 June 2018 - 22:57

I'm sure we have our fair share of numpty supporters but Liverpool seem to have them in abundance. I just can't take to the club as a result

#123 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 June 2018 - 19:30

From the BEEB

Karius concussed in CL final

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius sustained a concussion during last month's Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid, doctors have said.

Karius, 24, was at fault for the Spanish side's first and third goals in their 3-1 victory in Kiev on 26 May.

The German had tests at hospitals in Boston in the United States, and medics said the impact of the concussion was "likely" to have been felt immediately.

Dr Ross Zafonte said it was "possible" the injury "would affect performance".

Dr Zafonte came to his conclusion after reviewing "game film", a "physical examination" and "objective metrics".

He said Karius had suffered from "visual spatial dysfunction", a process which hampers a person's ability to process visual information about where objects are in space.

Dr Zafonte said it was "likely" that would have occurred immediately after the event that caused the concussion.

Karius collided with Real defender Sergio Ramos early in the second half of the final - when the score was goalless - although doctors have not pinpointed the moment he was concussed.

Minutes after that collision, Karius threw the ball against Real striker Karim Benzema, and it rolled home to give the Spaniards the lead.

Liverpool equalised through Sadio Mane, but Gareth Bale scored a stunning overhead kick then netted Real's third when Karius let a shot from long range slip through his hands.

Karius, who was assessed at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital, is said to have shown "significant and steady improvement since the concussive event".

#124 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 June 2018 - 19:36

just seen John Henry is on the fundraising board for the hospital that gave the diagnosis :rolleyes:

#125 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:08

for all Klopp's public defending of Karius he's gone and bought the most expensive goalkeeper ever.

It's probably a sensible move but shows all the faith he claimed he had was actually in short supply.

#126 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2018 - 12:26

View Posttomtom, on 20 July 2018 - 11:08, said:

for all Klopp's public defending of Karius he's gone and bought the most expensive goalkeeper ever.

It's probably a sensible move but shows all the faith he claimed he had was actually in short supply.

A good goalie can save you points so i can underwstand what klopp is doing.

Brilliant goalies like cech at his peak, shilton and jennings to name a couple give your defenders a boost in confidence.

#127 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:30

Is it the same Klopp who said 2 years ago that other teams can spend fortunes on new players but he's going to be successful without it? Now he's bought the most expensive defender and goalkeeper in the world :)

PS. Heard the rumour that Liverpool offered 63 mln + Karius but Roma said they want 63mln only :lmao: :lmao:

#128 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 July 2018 - 17:18

spent over £250M in the last 12 months.... Including new world record defender and GK. Wouldn't surprise me if they still leak goals!

I actually think he's tinkering too much from the team they had last year. They were fantastic at times and bringing in all the players he has might unsettle rather than strengthen things. That's my hope anyway.

#129 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 03 January 2019 - 22:41

So glad they've lost their unbeaten status, it was starting to get on my tits.

#130 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 January 2019 - 00:00

View PostYidio Yidio, on 03 January 2019 - 22:41, said:

So glad they've lost their unbeaten status, it was starting to get on my tits.

haha me too. Fair play, he's doing a great job so far this season. Hoping they can't sustain it.

#131 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:34

Yes he,s got a good side together there and has proven greavsie absolutely correct in his admiration for him.

He needs to stop salah diving though !

Spoils a game when someone blatantly cheats.

I dont like it when harry does it but it isnt as frequent as salah,s diving.

#132 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:24

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 05 January 2019 - 06:34, said:

Yes he,s got a good side together there and has proven greavsie absolutely correct in his admiration for him.

He needs to stop salah diving though !

Spoils a game when someone blatantly cheats.

I dont like it when harry does it but it isnt as frequent as salah,s diving.

Did well out of the sale of Coutinho, despite not wanting to let him go.

#133 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 January 2019 - 19:56

Klopp really needs to keep a lid on it at times. His chewing a player out in full view is classless imo. Such a p***k

#134 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:15

Funny how quick things change. Many Liverpool fans up in arms about him resting players and getting knocked out. Not exactly calling for his head but they don't seem confident they'll win the league so feel that throwing the FA Cuo may haunt them.

Carragher tweeted he's got no issue with the lineup last night and thinks that them having less games to play than us and city is more important than their lead atop the premier League. He's getting pelters from their own fans.

#135 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:24

View Posttomtom, on 05 January 2019 - 00:00, said:

haha me too. Fair play, he's doing a great job so far this season. Hoping they can't sustain it.

Might need to adapt this slightly. They're out of both cups and have so far last all their away games in the CL.

They're having a great season in the league and phoning it in elsewhere.

#136 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:37

View Posttomtom, on 08 January 2019 - 11:15, said:

Funny how quick things change. Many Liverpool fans up in arms about him resting players and getting knocked out. Not exactly calling for his head but they don't seem confident they'll win the league so feel that throwing the FA Cuo may haunt them.

Carragher tweeted he's got no issue with the lineup last night and thinks that them having less games to play than us and city is more important than their lead atop the premier League. He's getting pelters from their own fans.

It's a dangerous game to play when you put all your eggs into one basket, the reality is that if they went out of CL also, it would help their league title bid no end. Obviously, that is conceding to all that City are the better team. Scousers won't accept that, but the rest of the world can see it. Klopp is clearly a decent manager, but has now gained a tag of serial choker. He has now spent money, so the expectation and pressure will increase. If he comes away with nothing at the end of the season the media will be all over him.

They didn't need to rest so many, they don't play again until Saturday. He's obviously mindful that his teams often run out of steam towards the end of a season. It also highlights that their squad depth isn't so good, although they did have an emergency CB pairing once Lovren went off with Klopp chewing his ear off.

Their youngsters didn't stand out, commacho was useless but the 16 yr old CB that came on showed glimpses although had a slung back style which made him look dodgy. Big potential because he had some silky touches, but very laid back (strange in someone so young at that level).

I thought Milner was terrible, but Jenas kept saying their was no movement in front of him. (can't see that on TV.)

Side note, I've always thought Origi would be top draw, but after numerous loans he now needs a manager to ignite him all over again. Thoughts ?????

#137 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:20

What a wonderful team Liverpool,are! At half time againstnLeicester the groundstaff cleared the snow from the Leicester half of the pitch so Liverpoolís attackers would find it easier in the second half.The other half was not touched. Isnít that trying to get an unfair advantage and a punishable offence?

#138 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 March 2019 - 01:15

Real Madrid are targeting herr klopp as their new coach. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :banana: :banana: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

#139 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:43

Calderon seems convinced it'll be Jose Mourinho even though he thinks it'll be a bad appointment.

Interesting times.

#140 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:50

View Posttomtom, on 08 March 2019 - 10:43, said:

Calderon seems convinced it'll be Jose Mourinho even though he thinks it'll be a bad appointment.

Interesting times.

Looks like the worry is back with us with klopp saying he isnt interested in the real madrid job.

Yes i think mourinho will be an interim manager there ! but will the call for pochettino be too strong for him to resist over the next couple of seasons.

Pochettino (according to espn) has said he would like to go back to spain in the future and sees the interest by real madrid as recognition of his achievements at spurs. :blink:

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users