Planet Spurs Forums: Herr Klopp. - Planet Spurs Forums

Jump to content

  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst.?

#21 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 10 February 2017 - 15:36

View PostMr. Greaves, on 10 February 2017 - 12:34, said:

I didn't realise it was as many as five. I was aware he had lost the last three but, as you say, getting to that many finals is a great achievement in itself (especially two in his first season at Liverpool) and something that needs to be on Pochettinos' CV soon.

No idea why they don't turn into wins, but I would imagine it is not a single factor in all of them. I didn't follow him that closely in Germany, but with Liverpool against Sevilla they started well but Sevilla seem to know a thing or two about how to win the EL.


He,s not in pochetinos class greavsie !
Embarrassing to see you write in various posts that you want him as spurs boss !
:lmao:
0

#22 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,803
  • Joined: 24-November 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 February 2017 - 22:31

:yawn:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)
0

#23 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,133
  • Joined: 28-June 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 February 2017 - 14:51

There was a point where I really wanted Klopp when we were looking for a manager and there might have been a chance to get him but there's no way I'd swap him for poch now. If poch were to leave for whatever reason in a couple of years (although I don't think he'll be leaving anytime soon) and klopp wasn't at Liverpool, then klopp would probably be quite high up my list. Quite impressed with the new guy at hull as well, think he'll be getting quite a few good offers in the summer
0

#24 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,803
  • Joined: 24-November 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 February 2017 - 21:34

Question - 'Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst?'

Answer - Not today when handing Pochettino his arse on a plate.

Hate him or whatever, there is nothing wrong in acknowledging the bloke is quite good :niceone:
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)
0

#25 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:45

View PostMr. Greaves, on 11 February 2017 - 21:34, said:

Question - 'Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst?'

Answer - Not today when handing Pochettino his arse on a plate.

Hate him or whatever, there is nothing wrong in acknowledging the bloke is quite good :niceone:


You are judging him on todays result and not through results prior to this one this year.
He desperately needed a result against us and his players responded for him and exploited the fact that danny rose was injured.
Its a very early time of the season to have nothing to play for other than the whats left for them league wise ! thats how good he is greavsie.
Had he lost this game to day he would have been a dead man walking.
We set up for it wrong when we should have played for a point and played on the counter.
If davies is to continue playing at left back then he needs a winger to protect him.
We need both rose and vertonghen back asap .
I always said that our squad lacks strength in depth ! our first eleven is as good as anyone,s in the prem but lose one of those players and problems arise .
0

#26 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,803
  • Joined: 24-November 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:25

So let me get this straight......

Speaking as a fan of Pochettino and with no admiration for Klopp, when Liverpool were in a bit of a slump (temporary or not you did not know) you can rightly ask if his bubble had burst.

But today wheh he handed Pochettino's arse back to him and I, who do admire Klopp and don't admire Pochettino, say his bubble wasn't burst 'today' that is not judging fairly?

:lmao:

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 10 February 2017 - 15:36, said:

He,s not in pochetinos class greavsie !
Embarrassing to see you write in various posts that you want him as spurs boss !
:lmao:


You are right Beagle, he isn't.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)
0

#27 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:26

One result and here you are justifying your dislike of the man who manages the team you say you support over one game ?
People like you cant see the wood for the tree,s because you dont want to.
The problem is we have one very strong eleven and then there is a big gulf in quality sitting on the bench.
If you lose one of the strong eleven his place is taken by one of those lesser players.
Now thats a levy problem not pochettino,s.
Ask yourself who can we replace dembele, kane or anyone of the first eleven with and see who you come up with and it isnt like for like quality or anywhere near it.
Thats levy,s problem for not getting in identified targets and going for 2nd choice back ups like janssen and thats why we have probably got new scouts coming in because the existing team are leaving after becoming frustrated with levy,s money tactics.

With the team pochettino has he has done brilliantly well for the second season on the trot.
People or so called fans like you wont be happy until we have an avb back in charge getting caned 4-5 nil in games like we did with him.
Or all the other failures we have had in charge over the years.
Only old harry redknapp can be proud of what he did at spurs with a brilliantly entertaining team in his time here and 2 top 4 finishes.
Klopp hasnt won anything yet at liverpool.
Come back and tell me how brilliant he is when he has achieved something.
I wouldnt want klopp anywhere near spurs mate .
0

#28 User is offline   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 20,539
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:20

Im a bit inclined to agree with Greavsie, but also see what you are saying beagle, Klopp was in a bit of a hole especially after loosing 2-0 to Hull (in the bottom 3) but then has changed things a bit and got his players to up there game against us, and they responded to his demands, now in fairness to klopp he did that and he has no extra players to bring in.

No poch is the same we have no extra players, and as Liverpool have had we have players missing, but only two I think, so should we have capitualted so easily just because we have not got two regular players in our first eleven? Yet again like I keep saying we want more than cover for kane we want cover for every position, in my opinion, and it is down to poch and not just Levy, as a while back poch said we dont need anyone, so has he actually approaced levy about bringing anyone in?

You say klopp has not won anything yet, have we, how long has klopp been at liverpool? I will tell you 8th October 2015, and Poch joined us on 27th May 2014, so in fairness poch has been at spurs nearly 18 months longer than klopp at L'Pool, and as I say he also has won nothing!!! :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#29 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:14

View Postjourneyman, on 12 February 2017 - 09:20, said:

Im a bit inclined to agree with Greavsie, but also see what you are saying beagle, Klopp was in a bit of a hole especially after loosing 2-0 to Hull (in the bottom 3) but then has changed things a bit and got his players to up there game against us, and they responded to his demands, now in fairness to klopp he did that and he has no extra players to bring in.

No poch is the same we have no extra players, and as Liverpool have had we have players missing, but only two I think, so should we have capitualted so easily just because we have not got two regular players in our first eleven? Yet again like I keep saying we want more than cover for kane we want cover for every position, in my opinion, and it is down to poch and not just Levy, as a while back poch said we dont need anyone, so has he actually approaced levy about bringing anyone in?

You say klopp has not won anything yet, have we, how long has klopp been at liverpool? I will tell you 8th October 2015, and Poch joined us on 27th May 2014, so in fairness poch has been at spurs nearly 18 months longer than klopp at L'Pool, and as I say he also has won nothing!!! :niceone:


For a start journo the loss of rose is going to be hard to cope with.
Sadio mane did a lot of damage because davies couldnt cope with his pace ! rose is very quick and may well have contained mane a lot better than davies did.
Davies is one of those left backs that need the protection of a left winger because of his lack of pace ! and klopp got it right to tell his players to attack davies down the left.
To tell the honest truth liverpool really needed a result against us and maybe we should have gone up there and parked the bus !
You say poch hasnt won anything but a top 4 finish and cl qualification in only his second season for us was brilliant.
Ask all the past spurs coaches and managers bar harry how difficult it is to break up the domination of the "money buys success" clubs like chelsea and man city who usually occupy those places.
I just get a bit fed up with reading greavsies everything good is klopp and everything bad is pochettino offerings.
I just get the impression he wants us to lose just to justify what he writes about poch.
Surely as a spurs fan you get behind the players and the manager. :cheers:
0

#30 User is offline   Spurs scout 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,731
  • Joined: 25-November 14

Posted 12 February 2017 - 13:44

View PostMr. Greaves, on 11 February 2017 - 21:34, said:

Question - 'Herr Klopp. Has the bubble burst?'

Answer - Not today when handing Pochettino his arse on a plate.

Hate him or whatever, there is nothing wrong in acknowledging the bloke is quite good :niceone:

If you are judging at what Klopp has done in the Premier league so far then Klopp has no legs to really stand on, out of every cup competition and the same points tally as us, finished ahead of them and qualified for champions league last season, while they finished 8th in the league, that is hardly inspiring. Lets see where Liverpool will be once he grinds there tired legs to the ground. The only thing i was impressed with Liverpool is they out run teams and yesterday they out work us and pressed better then us. You can get away with it in the German league but I some how don't think you can do a whole season playing like that in the English league and expect to win cup competitions.
0

#31 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,803
  • Joined: 24-November 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2017 - 14:03

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 07:26, said:

One result and here you are justifying your dislike of the man who manages the team you say you support.

Unless you are five years old and can't differentiate between a transient manager and an established club, not rating our manager does not mean I don't support Spurs. You really shouldn't accuse people of not being fans.

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 07:26, said:

People like you cant see the wood for the tree,s because you dont want to.
The problem is we have one very strong eleven and then there is a big gulf in quality sitting on the bench.
If you lose one of the strong eleven his place is taken by one of those lesser players.
Now thats a levy problem not pochettino,s.
Ask yourself who can we replace dembele, kane or anyone of the first eleven with and see who you come up with and it isnt like for like quality or anywhere near it.
Thats levy,s problem for not getting in identified targets and going for 2nd choice back ups like janssen and thats why we have probably got new scouts coming in because the existing team are leaving after becoming frustrated with levy,s money tactic

People like you absolve Pochettino from everything with a series of excuses. You cannot blame Levy regarding recruitment because in the near three years Pochettino has been here he has sold a considerable number of players, and bought a considerable number and the final say is always his. He has wasted perhaps £100m on buying useless players, and bears a large part of the responsibility for the whole squad. IF it won the league people like you (do you see what I am doing here?) would not be crediting Levy for assembling the team / squad, they would be gushing all over the genius of Pochettino.

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 07:26, said:

People or so called fans like you wont be happy until we have an avb back in charge getting caned 4-5 nil in games like we did with him.
Or all the other failures we have had in charge over the years.
Only old harry redknapp can be proud of what he did at spurs with a brilliantly entertaining team in his time here and 2 top 4 finishes.
Klopp hasnt won anything yet at liverpool.

What makes you think people like me liked the borefest of AVB's Spurs? - because they see the tactical limitations of Pochettino is it? Sorry Beagle but that is ridiculous.

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 07:26, said:

Come back and tell me how brilliant he is when he has achieved something.

He has won a few more trophies as a manager than Pochettino so far. Getting Liverpool into two finals in his first season wasn't bad which, again, is something Pochettino hasn't achieved.

End of the day Beagle I don't mind if you admire Pochettino and don't rate Klopp, so since you came back after OGY whipped you, why does it offend you so much that you take me on regarding it on thread after thread including those where Klopp or the limitations of Pochettino's tactical thinking havent even been mentioned?
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)
0

#32 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2017 - 14:43

Ogy didnt whip me ! he was a favourite on here and i was the new boy intruding and taking on a planet spurs icon who had inside knowledge on the dealings of tottenham hotspur ? which might be right or might be wrong.?? really old news mate and low to bring it up as i have apologised to the forum as much as i can.
I asked tom to take me off the forum because it was so one sided at that time. (thats between me and tom)
Your type of supporter would rubbish any spurs coach/manager because you are never happy and the grass is always greener on the other side.
Maybe look at other managers in the prem and see they are lagging behind us despite huge buying budgets that levy wouldnt sanction because he is so scared of really supporting the blokes he brings in to the hilt.

Let me ask you one thing ? how come klopp is so superior tactically to poch and yet here we sit in 2nd place after 25 games ?
..........and of the big clubs we have left are at home to man utd and the arse,s.

Maybe you should concentrate on getting behind the team you say you support.
0

#33 User is offline   Mr. Greaves 

  • Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 2,803
  • Joined: 24-November 13
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2017 - 14:55

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 14:43, said:

Let me ask you one thing ? how come klopp is so superior tactically to poch and yet here we sit in 2nd place after 25 games

So you ignored my answers regarding what Klopp has achieved so far in his career.

There are different circumstances at different clubs Beagle, BUT yesterday in a head-to-head do you not think that you saw Klopps tactical ability decimate Pochettinos'? Did you see Pochettino come up with a solution?

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 14:43, said:

Maybe you should concentrate on getting behind the team you say you support.

Drop that silliness.
“The game is about glory. Winning trophies with style. Not throwing away cups simply to get into a money-spinning competition to make owners richer. ” Danny Blanchflower (sort of)
0

#34 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 12 February 2017 - 15:11

View PostMr. Greaves, on 12 February 2017 - 14:55, said:

So you ignored my answers regarding what Klopp has achieved so far in his career.

There are different circumstances at different clubs Beagle, BUT yesterday in a head-to-head do you not think that you saw Klopps tactical ability decimate Pochettinos'? Did you see Pochettino come up with a solution?


Drop that silliness.


What klopp has achieved is not relevant because this is the epl and its completely different to all other leagues.

Klopp saw the obvious to exploit the loss of rose and employed mane to do a job.

It was an away game and as such support makes a big difference.
In case it has slipped your little mind ? it is hard to win at ...chelsea, arsenal,man utd, man city and yes liverpool but after the failing of many famous managers to do this apparently in your mind poch should have the answer? :lmao:
0

#35 User is offline   journeyman 

  • player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 20,539
  • Joined: 01-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 18:59

bring back Mr Gross. :lmao:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.
0

#36 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,616
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2017 - 20:23

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 12 February 2017 - 14:43, said:

Ogy didnt whip me ! he was a favourite on here and i was the new boy intruding and taking on a planet spurs icon


Tom ban him again please :lmao:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#37 User is online   tomtom 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 9,918
  • Joined: 18-June 11
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 February 2017 - 23:21

I'm not going to weigh in too heavily but Poch got us into a cup final in his first season and I seem to recall he was an idiot then by your estimations Greaves. I think ultimately it boils down to something you said in another thread

you like Klopp
you don't like Poch

As such there will always be double standards. I don't get why you hate Poch so much but at the same time Sherwood wound me up so when we lost I'm sure I came down harder on him than I have any of our other managers. The difference is I was willing him to prove me wrong whereas it almost feels gleeful when you show up after we lose a match. Perhaps you're being misconstrued as it's over a forum rather than irl but I'm not alone in getting that perception. I envision you celebrating more if our season crashed and burned and Levy pulled the trigger than you would if we won some silverware but I'm sure that's just me misconstruing things.
0

#38 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:35

I see tomtom is under the same impression regarding greavsie,s comments about poch as myself.
I left this subject yesterday as i felt it was getting out of hand.
Greavsie is entitled to his opinion......end of subject for me. :cheers:
0

#39 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 7,616
  • Joined: 30-May 12
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:10

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 13 February 2017 - 06:35, said:

I see tomtom is under the same impression regarding greavsie,s comments about poch as myself.
I left this subject yesterday as i felt it was getting out of hand.
Greavsie is entitled to his opinion......end of subject for me. :cheers:


My message above was a joke btw :niceone:
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26
0

#40 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

  • Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Posts: 3,778
  • Joined: 20-July 15
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Essex

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:24

View PostRoger Redknapp, on 13 February 2017 - 10:10, said:

My message above was a joke btw :niceone:


I know rog ! i may have been overstating it a bit saying ogy is a planet spurs icon.
He is popular on here though that much is very evident.
I have nothing against him at all. :cheers:
0

Share this topic:


  • 7 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users