• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Victor Wanyama

#21 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:55

Reports today in a few differnt aricles suggesting his also looking for a new bumper contract .....with the mancs and scousers circling

#22 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:43

Same as Dembele, takes a while physically and psychologically

#23 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 March 2018 - 10:58

View PostMattaoz87, on 07 March 2018 - 11:55, said:

Reports today in a few differnt aricles suggesting his also looking for a new bumper contract .....with the mancs and scousers circling

He deserves a pay rise as he's one of our lower paid first teamers. I also sense he'll be reasonable and not demand more than our top earners

#24 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:31

Really think that we've missed Wanyama this season just because I thought he was immense last year. Not sure what his current contract details are but with Can (chan) reported to be leaving Pool I reckon he'll be aware of what is on offer elsewhere.

As much as wages are fast becoming problematic, selling him to a rival is possibly an even bigger concern than letting Toby go to one. Wnayama on form would transform the likes of Pool/Arse and possibly United. Obviously City have more mobility with Fernandiho and likewise Chavs with Kante. Unfortunately, bigger squads throw up as many problems as they solve.

#25 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 13:02

View PostYidio Yidio, on 10 March 2018 - 11:31, said:

Really think that we've missed Wanyama this season just because I thought he was immense last year. Not sure what his current contract details are but with Can (chan) reported to be leaving Pool I reckon he'll be aware of what is on offer elsewhere.

As much as wages are fast becoming problematic, selling him to a rival is possibly an even bigger concern than letting Toby go to one. Wnayama on form would transform the likes of Pool/Arse and possibly United. Obviously City have more mobility with Fernandiho and likewise Chavs with Kante. Unfortunately, bigger squads throw up as many problems as they solve.

Rightly so you mention wages!! a question maybe putting you on the spot, (others can also input if they choose)
Do you ever think the time will come when Mr Levy will have to alter our wage structure, ie, match the big paying clubs, or do you think he wont and basically bumble along with the current policy. If we do that its like a big cat killing a zebra, and no else gets anything till the big cat has finished in other words they just get to pick over whats left, I feel that how we might become if we not not move along, because there are clubs well below us paying our kind of wages. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#26 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 March 2018 - 20:42

We have 6th highest wages in the league Journo (before bonuses) so not many way below us who pay the same. The difference is that some clubs have a star player they pay way over the odds. We have many stars so can't really do this. We spend roughly the same percentage of our revenue as Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal do and are in line with the league's recommendations on this.

So to increase our wages massively we'd need to trim the squad heavily (or only pay first XI good wages and the rest peanuts) or up our revenues. A great way of doing that is consistently qualifying for the CL, playing good football to attract more international fans and lucrative sponsorship deals and of course the new stadium and corporate deals... All of which we're working towards but won't happen overnight.

#27 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 March 2018 - 21:05

View Posttomtom, on 11 March 2018 - 20:42, said:

We have 6th highest wages in the league Journo (before bonuses) so not many way below us who pay the same. The difference is that some clubs have a star player they pay way over the odds. We have many stars so can't really do this. We spend roughly the same percentage of our revenue as Man Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal do and are in line with the league's recommendations on this.

So to increase our wages massively we'd need to trim the squad heavily (or only pay first XI good wages and the rest peanuts) or up our revenues. A great way of doing that is consistently qualifying for the CL, playing good football to attract more international fans and lucrative sponsorship deals and of course the new stadium and corporate deals... All of which we're working towards but won't happen overnight.

:clap:

#28 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 12 March 2018 - 00:34

Sorry Journo, I missed this, but basically agree with Tom, the question about Levy/Lewis throwing personnel wealth at the team , well I just don't see that happening tbh. I also would add that I'm a firm believer in the current structure, I whole heartedly disagree with what City and Chavski have done. My hope is that they are stopped from buying success and are forced to develop and scout talent properly.

I'm waiting to see where Abramavich goes with trying to match City, it appears recently that even he doesn't fancy going toe to toe with them in much of an auction for top stars. He didn't try to hijack the Yanger deal when buying a striker in January. Preferring to pick up cheaper options in Giroud and Barkley. Perhaps now even he realises he needs to stretch his money a bit wiser.

An over paid player is hard to shift, it's the biggest club killer out there.

#29 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:34

was released early from international duty at our request due to concerns regarding his injury

"Wanyama, who travelled to Morocco for national team duty accompanied by a physio attached to his English club Tottenham Hotspur, flew out of the Stars camp at the Le Vizir Parc and Resort in Marrakech on Sunday, hours after scoring the opening goal in Kenya's 2-2 draw against Comoros on Saturday.
At times during training in Marrakech this past week, Wanyama seemed to experience discomfort on his left knee, which he hurt while training with his club in pre-season last July. The 27-year-old player currently requires medical checks and physiotherapy after each training session and game. "We had discussions with Tottenham and agreed to release him after the Comoros game. The league season in England is at a crucial stage and his club says they desperately need his services at this point," said Football Kenya Federation president Nick Mwendwa."

perhaps the itk that he might need surgery in December were on to something, and we've once again got a player to return prematurely...

#30 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:37

Wanyama has seen his injury problem come back. Not surprised after all the repeat problems faced by Our players in recent years. We have had quite a few come back then break,down again relatively quickly. What the h*ll,is going on with our medical team?

#31 User is offline   PH1882 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2018 - 19:55

Anyone know if Vic is injured again ?

I thought I'd read his knee is causing him problems.

#32 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 August 2018 - 22:29

yup. Heard the same.

#33 User is offline   PH1882 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2018 - 03:44

Hope he's not the new Sandro.

Mighty fine first season then always struggling to recapture his form due to injury.

#34 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 August 2018 - 13:11

View PostPH1882, on 06 August 2018 - 19:55, said:

Anyone know if Vic is injured again ?

I thought I'd read his knee is causing him problems.

Yep heard wally & lamela are in doubt for opening games of the season

#35 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2018 - 13:16

View PostParklaner, on 08 August 2018 - 13:11, said:

Yep heard wally & lamela are in doubt for opening games of the season

It gets better by the hour. They way it's going Kane will get a long term injury after the window closes to finish us off

#36 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 August 2018 - 13:49

I did see pics of both of them in full training gear yesterday on FB. Hopefully overstated.

#37 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 August 2018 - 14:15

View Posttomtom, on 08 August 2018 - 13:49, said:

I did see pics of both of them in full training gear yesterday on FB. Hopefully overstated.

Thats good news
Id heard there was real concern about both of them

Were need them fit & ready especially when Toby leaves because dier could easily find himself slotting in at CB on a pretty regular basis during the season

#38 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:23

Great news that Wanyama is back in full training after the recurrence of last year’s injury.

Wonder when the operation will be?

#39 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 August 2018 - 08:45

:lmao:

#40 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2018 - 10:28

Looks like Janssen is the only injured player now? And he wouldn't play anyway so we're in full strength. Rare thing

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users