• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lamela

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 March 2017 - 13:28

Really gathering pace that he's off back to Italy with Inter, Roma and a few other clubs interested in buying him in the Summer. With his injury record I don't see us getting much for him but perhaps best to cut our losses?

I'm a bit gutted last last season and the end of the previous season he was beginning to be a very useful player, who, whilst he might not have hit the heights many hoped he would for us was consistently in our top 2-3 most effective creators and a fairly regular scorer, especially in European fixtures. Missing almost an entire season with one injury and now effectively missing all of this season with another is a worrying trend, he'll only have been fit for about half his time with us. We've adapted to life without him so in one way he won't be a huge loss but I'll feel hard done by nonetheless.

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2017 - 15:43

BBC confirming he is now out for the season with the hip injury.

FWIW I hear the drugs thing is nonsense BUT there is a row between Lamela's advisors and THFC coaching staff over whether he should have had surgery. The motivation appears to be that they don't want him to have surgery as they want him to be fit by the Summer in order to be able to move to Italy instead of recuperating from surgery through pre season.

If true it's a real shame to hear as he seemed so committed to the cause last season and if he got fit again he'd be my preference over Sissoko and probably over Zaha.

#3 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 16:18

Let's get the lad fit and give him our support. Not too worried about all the speculation. It is difficult for some of today's professional players to get to the highest level when something physically is not right - especially the guys playing further forwards. Erodes many things including a player's confidence. Important stage in his career. Hope he can come back.

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2017 - 16:21

surgery confirmed for Saturday

It's all beginning to make more sense why he was seeing all these different physios

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 29 March 2017 - 17:53

It's strange that the surgery was delayed, he's been out for months. Who delayed it ? THFC or his advisers ?

I'd definitely rather keep him than buy Zaha. As for sissko :wtf: couldn't understand this from day one, he's 35 yrs old FFS :wink:

#6 User is online   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 29 March 2017 - 20:18

Im looking at the pair off them to be odds on Fav to be sold, and like you will never understand why we paid 30 mill for sissoko, who the h*ll saw what in him, and when you think he was virtually a last minute buy (again) you have to wonder if it was one of Levy's panic buys!!.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#7 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2017 - 22:39

Yep Sissokho has been a disaster signing, if we can get 20m for him in the summer I'd be chuffed!
I'm gutted about Lamela! He really was showing some great signs at the end of last season and pre season, I was one of those predicting a big season from him :/ I reckon he will be off in the summer too

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2017 - 23:33

View PostYidio Yidio, on 29 March 2017 - 17:53, said:

It's strange that the surgery was delayed, he's been out for months. Who delayed it ? THFC or his advisers ?

Surgery 5 months after sustaining the injury... Let's just say if it was someone at THFC I'd be surprised if they keep their job, but my feeling is it wasn't someone on the Spurs side pulling the strings here.

#9 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 March 2017 - 23:43

Lamela: "I have to have an operation...I tried everything to recover but unfortunately my hip is still not 100% so I can't compete at the level I want to.
I'll face this challenge with a positive attitude and can't wait to get back with my team and be stronger.
Thanks everyone for your support! "

#10 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:50

I think they try everything with lamela and surgery is the last option most players never be the same after it so i can understand giving him every chance to recover

#11 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 March 2017 - 14:53

View PostSpursDan, on 29 March 2017 - 22:39, said:

Yep Sissokho has been a disaster signing, if we can get £20m for him in the summer I'd be chuffed!
I'm gutted about Lamela! He really was showing some great signs at the end of last season and pre season, I was one of those predicting a big season from him :/ I reckon he will be off in the summer too

They is no way your going to get 20 mil for him lol, we was robbed, Even though Daniel Levy has done well in trying to improve our club, it has his dirty hand prints on it , you can tell he is not Poch's signing because Poch is not giving him the time and day on him.

#12 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 March 2017 - 17:38

View PostSpurs scout, on 30 March 2017 - 14:53, said:

They is no way your going to get 20 mil for him lol, we was robbed, Even though Daniel Levy has done well in trying to improve our club, it has his dirty hand prints on it , you can tell he is not Poch's signing because Poch is not giving him the time and day on him.

I dont think for one min that we paid 30m for him if its a levy deal then its alot cheaper than been let on.like Newcastle wanted the big fee release and levy was happy enough to pretend to the public the we paid big...theres more to this

#13 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 March 2017 - 18:28

Yep, I think you're right. Levy doesn't do last minute panic buys above 10m.

It's more likely linked in with performances and he's not applying any pressure on Poch to play him.

#14 User is online   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 30 March 2017 - 18:38

Lamela hoping to get back with team mates, but by all accounts he's played his last for us, but as usual its speculation, time will tell, would be nice though to see what a really fit fired up Lamela can do. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 March 2017 - 22:48

Saw a video of Lamela with Dier and Alli in the dressing room so it's not like he's banned from the training ground

#16 User is online   journeyman 

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:41

was there talk then of him being banned?

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#17 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2017 - 14:32

Well if it really is a done deal that he'll never play for THFC again and he's fallen out with the staff as some people are saying then it'd be a bit odd that he's hanging out with Eric and Dele.

#18 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2017 - 15:54

Why are people saying there was a fallen out when its clear hes injuryed and is now getting surgery.jesus lads dont listen to media BS

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2017 - 17:35

Berahino is on a drugs ban I think, perhaps some wires got crossed (on purpose) and it made a good story.

#20 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 March 2017 - 19:43

I always heard drugs thing was bs but there is talk that there are issues behind the scenes around how this injury has been handled

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users