• You cannot reply to this topic

Aaron Lennon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PH1882 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 May 2017 - 23:03

Get well soon Azza !

Made me smile when I heard the "you're just a s*** Aaron Lennon" chants being sung at Walcott on Sunday. Always loved AL and wish him the best.

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 May 2017 - 00:23

Very sad to hear. Fingers crossed he gets whatever help he needs.

#3 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:20

Bit of a shock to read about him this morning.
Hope he gets well.

#4 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2017 - 05:03

Sad to read this. Wish him all the best and hope that Everton FC look after him and his family

http://www.telegraph...tal-health-act/

#5 User is offline   tonto911 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:10

Get back soon Big Man......... He was small in stature, but massive on the pitch.

https://www.youtube....h?v=RhDdl9HSUgE

https://www.youtube....h?v=iFOh0I8BSkU
2.00 onwards....
"Whatever happens you are my THFC, my team, my hopes, my dreams, my passion for football................"

#6 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:27

Very sad to hear about Aaron Lennon and hope he gets the support he needs to make a full recovery. Could never understand why Poch froze him out if that is what happened. Lennon or Sissoko in squad? Now let me think...COYS

#7 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2017 - 13:07

View PostHeisenberg, on 04 May 2017 - 08:27, said:

Very sad to hear about Aaron Lennon and hope he gets the support he needs to make a full recovery. Could never understand why Poch froze him out if that is what happened. Lennon or Sissoko in squad? Now let me think...COYS

To be fair Poch didn't freeze him out, from what I heard he wasn't prepared to do the fitness side, saw the squad train and it looked intense. Lennon has always portrayed the 'gangster' life style and by all accounts not been the easiest to manage, I have been through this type of thing with a family member and it is tough so I wish him well. The FA need to put something in place to help youngsters who all of a sudden have money and then pressure.

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 04 May 2017 - 13:44

in what way has Lennon portrayed the gangsta lifestyle?

I took it more as Lennon and Townsend being traditional wingers and neither fitting with our preferred formation at the time of three number 10s and/or inverted wide players. Sissoko was bought to be a CM then Lamela got injured, we've now switched to 3-4-2-1 ish and Lennon still wouldn't fit it. I loved Lennon when we played 4-4-2 but he absolutely struggled with everything that came after and hasn't pulled up trees at Everton after an initial new club bounce.

I'd have rather than Lennon of 3 seasons ago be on the bench than Sissoko when we need to inject some pace and width from the bench but I really don't know that Poch made the wrong decision in selling.

Still wish him absolutely all the best and it's great to see ex players like Keane, Defoe and Ledley showing their support for Aaron on social media, hope he's getting a lot of support from ex Spurs in real life too.

#9 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:53

I always felt Lennon could have been played on the right in a 4 with 3-4-2-1 formation although I accept that height would have been a ig problem at crosses set pieces etc. But he worked back brilliantly defensively at times and ran his socks off. Maybe as Diesel said he was a poor trainer and Poch didn't fancy him/trust him. But for me there would have been room for him in a squad that currently includes No-cluedo So-susso and Oh-not him-ma. Similarly Defoe v Jansen!! But hindsight a wonderful thing and Poch is doing great. COYS

#10 User is offline   Roger Redknapp 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:56

View PostHeisenberg, on 05 May 2017 - 06:53, said:

I always felt Lennon could have been played on the right in a 4 with 3-4-2-1 formation although I accept that height would have been a ig problem at crosses set pieces etc. But he worked back brilliantly defensively at times and ran his socks off. Maybe as Diesel said he was a poor trainer and Poch didn't fancy him/trust him. But for me there would have been room for him in a squad that currently includes No-cluedo So-susso and Oh-not him-ma. Similarly Defoe v Jansen!! But hindsight a wonderful thing and Poch is doing great. COYS

Lennon would have worked you're right.

More than N'anyone. N'anytwo and Sissyjoke
'If we are artists of our own being, let us paint our own horizons' 23:26

#11 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:41

View Posttomtom, on 04 May 2017 - 13:44, said:

I took it more as Lennon and Townsend being traditional wingers and neither fitting with our preferred formation at the time of three number 10s and/or inverted wide players. Sissoko was bought to be a CM then Lamela got injured, we've now switched to 3-4-2-1 ish and Lennon still wouldn't fit it. I loved Lennon when we played 4-4-2 but he absolutely struggled with everything that came after and hasn't pulled up trees at Everton after an initial new club bounce.

I'd have rather than Lennon of 3 seasons ago be on the bench than Sissoko when we need to inject some pace and width from the bench but I really don't know that Poch made the wrong decision in selling.

Still wish him absolutely all the best and it's great to see ex players like Keane, Defoe and Ledley showing their support for Aaron on social media, hope he's getting a lot of support from ex Spurs in real life too.

Yeah i agree with tom that it wasnt the training lennon didnt buy into with poch it was the fact he didnt fit into poch,s way of playing.
Same with townsend and sygurson.
Options off the bench though ? as rr says rather perm any of that 3 from what we have now.

#12 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:11

View Posttomtom, on 04 May 2017 - 13:44, said:

A friend of a friend always told me that he was a party boy that had a bit of an attitude but don't get me wrong I wouldn't have sold him but Poch's fitness routine doesn't allow for the party lifestyle. I always rated Lennon defensively also, wasn't having a dig at Lennon TomTom but just giving my opinion on why Poch got rid, I was annoyed/mythed at the time and that was the info I got. As I said I have experience his situation and I wish him well.

#13 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 May 2017 - 14:49

View Postdieselspurs, on 05 May 2017 - 12:11, said:

A friend of a friend always told me that he was a party boy that had a bit of an attitude but don't get me wrong I wouldn't have sold him but Poch's fitness routine doesn't allow for the party lifestyle. I always rated Lennon defensively also, wasn't having a dig at Lennon TomTom but just giving my opinion on why Poch got rid, I was annoyed/mythed at the time and that was the info I got. As I said I have experience his situation and I wish him well.

The poor guy is unwell and some are judging his lifestyle now :rolleyes:
He left because he did not fit the system and was not in Poch's plans, and I heard he is a good guy.

#14 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 May 2017 - 15:57

View PostSpurs scout, on 05 May 2017 - 14:49, said:

The poor guy is unwell and some are judging his lifestyle now :rolleyes:
He left because he did not fit the system and was not in Poch's plans, and I heard he is a good guy.

Not judging his lifestyle at all and it has absolutely nothing to do with current situation, let's leave it there shall we!!!

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 May 2017 - 17:48

yeah I didn't sense any judgement - must admit I heard that he liked a party up North too but had always heard he worked very hard on the training ground and on match days that was plain to see.

I suppose he could have worked in Walker's place in a 3-4-2-1 but realistically as much as his defensive workrate was high he wasn't a defender so might have been exposed.

On a lighter note they say he's expected to make a full recovery and return to first team action.

#16 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 17:56

I wish Lennon all the best, it's a tough road but I'm sure he will get the right help.

The sight of Lennon on the counter will remain with me, an exciting player to watch.

#17 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 May 2017 - 18:53

Favourite spurs player for a good few years in his early days. our plan was basically give him the ball to run at them.. made the best left backs in the league look average on many occasions.

Hope he gets all the help he needs and gets his head back in the right place again

#18 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 July 2017 - 14:36

he's returned for their pre season :niceone:

good to have you back Azza

#19 User is offline   ComeOnYouSpurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 05 July 2017 - 14:25

Would have him over Sissoko in a heart beat

#20 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 July 2017 - 22:35

Neither would really make my team these days. Shame we didn't get Deulofeu when we were trying to gazump Everton really, but now we know Barca insisted on the buy back clause I see why we pulled out.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users