• You cannot reply to this topic

New stadium progress. Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 07 August 2017 - 14:36

View Postold spur, on 17 July 2017 - 13:43, said:

Has anyone got any insight to the planned schedule. That's to say, when is the old south stand being demolished, when are the starting on the new south stand, when does the roof go on, when are they starting to build the houses and offices etc ?

They did say they are ahead of schedule and the new south end will be completed in January , at the moment they are doing the mechanics of the retractable pitch. They are not going ahead with the build of houses and offices , due to keeping the costs down, The build of the stadium is double what they first expected. I would not be surprise if levy is now using the stadium costs for our lack of transfer activity.

#42 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2017 - 21:13

View Postold spur, on 07 August 2017 - 12:24, said:

Other than the remainder of the old south stand going it looks the same as it did about 3 weeks ago. I think they will struggle to get it ready for August next year

There are some periods when it looks like the constriction process slowe down because of works being done inside. Close to where I live no the shopping center is being built. For the very long period they were doing the underground parking and fundations so the progress was almost unnoticable but later it looked like they built the whole building in the space of 3 months.

#43 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2017 - 13:34

Looks like construction of the south stand is under way. I believe it is being built in a different way to the rest of the stadium

#44 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:54

Disregarding the Bank Holiday weekend there does not seem to be a great deal of exterior work taking place this week especially during the nights.

#45 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:42

View Postgriff, on 02 September 2017 - 11:54, said:

Disregarding the Bank Holiday weekend there does not seem to be a great deal of exterior work taking place this week especially during the nights.

I have heard that they have halted working through the night due to noise complaints from the local savages. Apparently the project is ahead of time and this will not delay things

#46 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:00

Always wondered how The retractable pitch would work. Just seen the video of it in operation, absolutely brilliant. The only thing,however, is that the rollers under the pitch run along rails but the rails must come from under the synthetic pitch so how do they rise up without disturbing the NFL pitch or do the rails slide out over the synthetic pitch themselves first?

#47 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:05

View Postgriff, on 08 September 2017 - 08:00, said:

Always wondered how The retractable pitch would work. Just seen the video of it in operation, absolutely brilliant. The only thing,however, is that the rollers under the pitch run along rails but the rails must come from under the synthetic pitch so how do they rise up without disturbing the NFL pitch or do the rails slide out over the synthetic pitch themselves first?

I don't like this retractable pitch idea...

#48 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 September 2017 - 14:14

View PostSpursDan, on 08 September 2017 - 11:05, said:

I don't like this retractable pitch idea...

Agree mate id be happier if our pitch stayed there all the time as it will be in use all the time and the nfl pitch could be stored under the stand and rolled out when needed

#49 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2017 - 16:00

View Posthotsauce, on 08 September 2017 - 14:14, said:

Agree mate id be happier if our pitch stayed there all the time as it will be in use all the time and the nfl pitch could be stored under the stand and rolled out when needed

======

Good, because that is exactly what is happening.

#50 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 September 2017 - 23:19

View Postold spur, on 08 September 2017 - 16:00, said:

======

Good, because that is exactly what is happening.

Is it ? Because from what I've seen and heard it's our pitch that is retractable not the nfl one

#51 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:36

https://twitter.com/...200613037494272

New picture posted!!

#52 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:23

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 09 September 2017 - 11:36, said:

===

Just reading some of the stuff on twatter which is on your link. This is one of the many reasons I don't take part in social media, full of idiots who have no idea what they are talking about. The stadium is well ahead of time, and this why a lot of the work that was being done through the night has been put on hold.

#53 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:47

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 09 September 2017 - 11:36, said:

The stadium is only 20 Minutes walk from where I live so I can see the other side of the stadium and looks proper Prim.

#54 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:15

View Postold spur, on 13 September 2017 - 08:23, said:

===

Just reading some of the stuff on twatter which is on your link. This is one of the many reasons I don't take part in social media, full of idiots who have no idea what they are talking about. The stadium is well ahead of time, and this why a lot of the work that was being done through the night has been put on hold.

Totally understand. Only use my Twitter for updates of spurs too. Don't read the comments of all the tw*ts

#55 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:47

View Postold spur, on 13 September 2017 - 08:23, said:

===

Thought you didn't take part in social media! Seems the younger generation do not know what 'taking part' means! It often involves having an intelligent exchange of views not simply going off on an obnoxious and insulting rant against people of whom you have no knowledge whatsoever.

#56 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:50

As regards the stadium,I have been following the progress on the live cams. Absolutely fascinating. The people who designed it, the foremen etc who are overseeing the work and the tradesmen even labourers working on it really know their jobs. One thing ,however, I would live to see more pictures of the work being carried on the internal fit.

#57 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:41

View Posthotsauce, on 08 September 2017 - 14:14, said:

Artificial pitch has to be lower than a grass pitch.Dont know why but apparently it has to be.

#58 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:05

Looking at the live cams, there is a tremendous of underground work going on in preparation for the rolling mechanisms for the pitch. It's taking much more time than just laying a normal pitch .The extra revenue will,hopefully be worth it.
If we eventually get a permanent NFL franchise with a permanent NFL team based at the new ground does anyone know how the finances will be arranged?

Will we just get a rental,figure per game?
Will we get a cut of gate receipts?
Surely food and drink sale profits will go to us.
Will we get a cut of advertising and TV rights,which should be absolutely massive?

#59 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:44

View Postgriff, on 21 September 2017 - 07:41, said:

Artificial pitch has to be lower than a grass pitch.Dont know why but apparently it has to be.

Sun and fresh air ? ;)

#60 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:39

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 21 September 2017 - 09:44, said:

Sun and fresh air ? ;)

True but artificial pitch could be stored under the stand all,the time except when in use so grass pitch would be in the open

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users