• You cannot reply to this topic

New stadium progress. Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:42

[quote name='Flying_Dutchman' timestamp='1505301302' post='367426']
Totally understand. Only use my Twitter for updates of spurs too. Don't read the comments of all the tw*ts
[/quot

Agreeing with someone who insults other posters and insults them yourself. You're admin and I'm on a warn status.Something ironic here!

#62 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:47

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 13 September 2017 - 11:15, said:

Totally understand. Only use my Twitter for updates of spurs too. Don't read the comments of all the tw*ts

Understanding someone who insults other posters and then insulting them yourself. I'm on a warn status despite the fact I do not insult other posters.Surely ad min should discourage insulting comments not agree with them. A very ironic situation in my book!

#63 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2017 - 16:02

View Postgriff, on 21 September 2017 - 11:47, said:

Understanding someone who insults other posters and then insulting them yourself. I'm on a warn status despite the fact I do not insult other posters.Surely ad min should discourage insulting comments not agree with them. A very ironic situation in my book!

Honestly mate, Twatter is like Facemouth, it's full of cr@p and the morons who post it. Don't bover

#64 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2017 - 13:03

Mate of mine has his building company, and knows several subcontractors at the new stadium. Apparently it should be ready enough for the start of next season, but building works will continue for some time afterwards

#65 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 September 2017 - 15:41

I suspect we'll play our first few games away which along with international break will buy them a couple months to finish it off

#66 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:15

Very difficult to know the timescales. It's not just the exterior works,it's the interior fit also. There's the plumbing and electrics for starters.I would imagine pipework and cabling are already being laid out.A lot depends on how waterproof the interior is at the moment. Fitting out the lounges etc , changing rooms, is a massive task in itself. We don't know if anything about this internal fit is being implemented yet, after all no roof at the moment. I would imaging basic work is being carried out. Isn't the roof supposed to be up in the New Year? I would love to see more photos, videos of the interior of the stadium.

#67 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 October 2017 - 14:33

Looking at the live feed cameras on our website,there are numerous poles erected with ,what look like wire ropes spread across them.They can't be permanent but can anyone say what they are for?

#68 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 31 October 2017 - 15:26

View Postgriff, on 14 October 2017 - 08:15, said:

Very difficult to know the timescales. It's not just the exterior works,it's the interior fit also. There's the plumbing and electrics for starters.I would imagine pipework and cabling are already being laid out.A lot depends on how waterproof the interior is at the moment. Fitting out the lounges etc , changing rooms, is a massive task in itself. We don't know if anything about this internal fit is being implemented yet, after all no roof at the moment. I would imaging basic work is being carried out. Isn't the roof supposed to be up in the New Year? I would love to see more photos, videos of the interior of the stadium.

They expect to roof to go on by February which means they are on schedule.

#69 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:51

Those posts erected,as shown on the camera feeds, the ones with apparently wires attached. It's driving me nuts working out what they are. They can't be permanent as they would block views,and not shown in the completed stadium plan.They are now adding cross pieces.The only thing I can think of is that they are hydraulic and will lift the cables up to the roof when in,the cables being part of the electrics for the lighting. If anyone knows please save my sanity or at least my wife's as I'm driving her around the bend going on about them

#70 User is offline   ballyerspur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2017 - 14:46

I think they may be there holding cables that will act as a support to the cantilevered roof and when the roof is compete the posts will be removed. That's my best guess but believe me I'm no expert. I'm glad its not driving me to distraction
To Dare is to Do Now is the Hour

#71 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 November 2017 - 15:13

View Postballyerspur, on 09 November 2017 - 14:46, said:

I think they may be there holding cables that will act as a support to the cantilevered roof and when the roof is compete the posts will be removed. That's my best guess but believe me I'm no expert. I'm glad its not driving me to distraction

Wish I could say the same, it's an age thing I reckon

#72 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:49

View Postgriff, on 09 November 2017 - 15:13, said:

Wish I could say the same, it's an age thing I reckon

Some one told me they are for the retractable pitch which will go down once the south stand is done. I think the wheels give it away.

#73 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:35

Looked at the video about how the new pitch will divide and roll in and out. Still cannot understand how the rails come from under the NFL pitch, have sections of NFL pitch got to be removed to allow this?
Also the gap between the grass pitch trays have to be quite a way apart, they are either side of the TREES that support the stand

#74 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2017 - 18:15

View Postgriff, on 21 November 2017 - 09:35, said:

Looked at the video about how the new pitch will divide and roll in and out. Still cannot understand how the rails come from under the NFL pitch, have sections of NFL pitch got to be removed to allow this?
Also the gap between the grass pitch trays have to be quite a way apart, they are either side of the TREES that support the stand

==============

The pitch will roll in and out on thousands of glass marbles. Apparently the static electricity from the synthetic pitch make the marbles vibrate in such a manner electrolysis reacts to the worlds natural rotation. This therefore means that the pitch change can only happen between the hours of 04.00 and 07.00.

#75 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 November 2017 - 23:59

View Postold spur, on 22 November 2017 - 18:15, said:

==============

The pitch will roll in and out on thousands of glass marbles. Apparently the static electricity from the synthetic pitch make the marbles vibrate in such a manner electrolysis reacts to the worlds natural rotation. This therefore means that the pitch change can only happen between the hours of 04.00 and 07.00.

#76 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 November 2017 - 23:59

View Postold spur, on 22 November 2017 - 18:15, said:

==============

😂

#77 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 November 2017 - 13:57

As regards the in house bakery and the micro brewery.....

Will the bakery generate that much more profit than buying in the bread? After all we will have to pay staff to,work in it.

Also our own brewery, will we have our own brand of beer and will we still be able to buy our favourite brews as well?

#78 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2017 - 15:58

View Postgriff, on 28 November 2017 - 13:57, said:

As regards the in house bakery and the micro brewery.....

Will the bakery generate that much more profit than buying in the bread? After all we will have to pay staff to,work in it.

Also our own brewery, will we have our own brand of beer and will we still be able to buy our favourite brews as well?

I think you will find these are independent businesses renting space.

#79 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 November 2017 - 23:03

Why rent bakery space off us when the company could bake it on their own premises, seemingly additional outlay

#80 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:42

View Postgriff, on 30 November 2017 - 23:03, said:

Why rent bakery space off us when the company could bake it on their own premises, seemingly additional outlay

Well, it's not something I am certain of, it's just the catering at the Lane was all franchised

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users