• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New stadium progress. Rate Topic: -----

#681 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 January 2019 - 18:03

If nobody has seen the new feature in the new stand, East Stand.Level 5, go,onto Newsmow Spurs to see it. A whole wall showing Billy Nick holding open the gates of White Hart Lane. Absolutely fantastic.

#682 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:41

View Postgriff, on 26 January 2019 - 18:03, said:

If nobody has seen the new feature in the new stand, East Stand.Level 5, go,onto Newsmow Spurs to see it. A whole wall showing Billy Nick holding open the gates of White Hart Lane. Absolutely fantastic.

What stadium is that, I had forgotten all about it.

Well, if either the Arsenal or Palace game are the first game, both are lunch time kick offs. To me, and everyone I have spoken to this would be absolute insanity, but for some strange reason the club thinks it's a good idea.

#683 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:39

https://www.dailymai...adium-week.html

#684 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2019 - 12:37

Well, today, 07/02/19 we have yet another update that tells nothing, other than the Arsenal game is at Wembley, and let's face it, we knew that anyway.

#685 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2019 - 13:11

Why don't they just bite the bullet and say all remaining games will be at Wembley and stop this bloody farce

#686 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 13:23

What the fck is wrong with levys massive profit making dream now ?

Knowing him cheap builders cocking things up.

Expecting any day now an appearance of our danny boy on " Cowboy Builders " with dominic littlewood.

#687 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 14:09

View PostSteveB, on 07 February 2019 - 13:11, said:

Why don't they just bite the bullet and say all remaining games will be at Wembley and stop this bloody farce

I don't know either. Been saying this for a month or so now. We are used to Wembley now might as well finish the season there. From a footballing point of view it is the only thing that makes sense. We will be as unprepared as any other team in a new stadium and lose any 'home advantage' with just a few games remaining.

#688 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2019 - 15:23

View PostChrisPienaar, on 07 February 2019 - 14:09, said:

I don't know either. Been saying this for a month or so now. We are used to Wembley now might as well finish the season there. From a footballing point of view it is the only thing that makes sense. We will be as unprepared as any other team in a new stadium and lose any 'home advantage' with just a few games remaining.

At £1m per game at Wembley, I would think Levy will have us in the new stadium ASAP

#689 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 February 2019 - 15:29

View PostChrisPienaar, on 07 February 2019 - 14:09, said:

Poch said Levy asked him if he wanted to stay at Wembley and he said absolutely not. We need to be at home asap.

Our away form is best in the league. Wembley has a toxic atmosphere. We're just as likely to improve our form at the new stadium than go backwards.

#690 User is offline   old spur 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2019 - 15:29

Just repeating what someone else has said on another site

What will happen first
1) We win a trophy under Poch
2) We move into the new stadium
3) We make a move in the transfer market

I honestly wouldn't put a bet on it :praying:

#691 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 15:37

If I had to I'd bet on the stadium. Even if it's last game of the season it'll be before the other two happen!

I suspect it'll be April now with Burnley game likely to move and no test events /safety certificates yet

#692 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 15:57

View Postold spur, on 07 February 2019 - 15:23, said:

At £1m per game at Wembley, I would think Levy will have us in the new stadium ASAP

Compared to the millions from league finish and CL progression 1m is nothing. Also is that a 1m loss each time you’re saying or 1m cost which is then reduced through ticket sales.

#693 User is online   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 16:51

Sick of this now,,everyone blame levy every time something goes wrong,,,we didn't sign anyone,,well poch didn't want what was available,..

I wish levy would sell up..Well look whatvthe has done for this club after fcuking saving it,,(sort memorys)..

Now we are not playing the scum in our new stadium (which the cops were never gonna let happen) fcuk levy,,yea cause he loves paying over 1million a game instead of making money per game,,Jesus lads I was never his biggest fan but some in here would blame him for 911 attacks

#694 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 18:39

View Posthotsauce, on 07 February 2019 - 16:51, said:

Sick of this now,,everyone blame levy every time something goes wrong,,,we didn't sign anyone,,well poch didn't want what was available,..

I wish levy would sell up..Well look whatvthe has done for this club after fcuking saving it,,(sort memorys)..

Now we are not playing the scum in our new stadium (which the cops were never gonna let happen) fcuk levy,,yea cause he loves paying over 1million a game instead of making money per game,,Jesus lads I was never his biggest fan but some in here would blame him for 911 attacks

You can't blame poch for turning down players when Levy is offering him Nkoudou and Njie type players can you lol. I heard this summer is big for us, we have to wait and see what happens.

#695 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:positivity and dancing in the rain.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 18:55

Of all the things Levy gets flak for, I think the stadium is probably the fairest of all gripes. It's his area of expertise and it's been a bit of a mess.

I was of the opinion that after our first season in the new stadium the squad would alter. I thought Eriksen would give us one season in our new home. Unfortunately, that's this summer.

But because of the stadium delay, I now have renewed hope that Eriksen will sign a deal, even if a behind the scenes "Gentleman's" agreement allows him to leave summer 2020.

#696 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 February 2019 - 23:38

my biggest concern is that the players that wanted to get into the stadium this season are now feeling as dejected as the fans by the delays and might be more ready to leave this summer than they would have if they'd played half a season in the new place.

Low attendances and bad atmosphere won't help encourage people to stay either. Sooner we're in the new stadium and it's rocking the better. We need to limit the 30k soulless games as much as possible, moving in as soon as possible is key.

#697 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 February 2019 - 00:57

There are 7 home game left and we know we're at Wembley until we play the goons at least. If we move in on the much anticipated Crystal Palace game we will have a run of fixtures like this.

Palace Home
Ploppypool away
Brighton Home
Huddersfield Home
City away
Spam Home
Bournemouth away
Everton Home

If we're still in the mix after the fixtures before Palace

Leicester Home
Burnley Away
Chavs away
Scum Home

Then I can see how moving in might help. If we fail in the 4 games above then empathy will creep in and nerves take over as we fend off for a top 4 place. I think we need to keep hold of City's shirt tails to make it a positive move.

If we miss out on top 4 Levy will get slaughtered, if we just miss a title, he'll get slaughtered (by a few and the media). If we win it, they'll build a statue on top of the stadium (then pull it down next September).

#698 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:00

View Posthotsauce, on 07 February 2019 - 16:51, said:

My earlier moan was actually a bit of a joke but it is annoying not to be in the new stadium by now.

Maybe its fortunate the first game isnt against the scumbags because i wouldnt want to lose our first game there against them.

Anyway saw a few tweets after the announcement and one made me laugh.

"You expect nothing and still spurs let you down" :lmao:

#699 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:00

I also saw that, but someone had written it slightly different " You expect nothing yet Spurs still let you down ?" :niceone:

I know you dislike ITK, but many have said for some time it will be Palace. We will see.

#700 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:13

View PostYidio Yidio, on 08 February 2019 - 08:00, said:

I also saw that, but someone had written it slightly different " You expect nothing yet Spurs still let you down ?" :niceone:

I know you dislike ITK, but many have said for some time it will be Palace. We will see.

Yes you are right yidio.

I sometimes write things from memory and forget the exact wording.

No I dont dislike itk ! i have said to tom that the guys on here giving us info have nothing to gain at all from imparting their knowledge ! and are also putting a bit of personal credibility on the line in my opinion so for me its a brave choice.

I have no inside info.

Used to have a very ardent spurs fan who did work for me and he told me harry redknapp was going to be made manager all those years ago weeks prior and got it spot on.

He also knew about scott parker joining spurs long before it happened.

So i do know genuine inside info is around regarding spurs.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users