• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Other matches

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 January 2018 - 14:42

Thought we should have a thread going about non Spurs matches as I know some on the forum do watch football aside from our own beloved Lilywhites!

Watched extra time and penalties of the Chelsea vs Norwich game on TV last night. VAR proved useless on the Willian decision but also a lot of going down far too easy from Chelsea. Bit of a disgrace really for the Premier League Champions to resort to cheating to beat a team currently 13th in the Championship even if they did rest some big players.

I was torn as I have a few Norwich mates, and really dislike Chelsea, but in a way the longer they're in the competition hopefully the more jaded some of their players will be in the run in, giving us a better chance of overtaking them.

#2 User is online   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 January 2018 - 17:36

View Posttomtom, on 18 January 2018 - 14:42, said:

Thought we should have a thread going about non Spurs matches as I know some on the forum do watch football aside from our own beloved Lilywhites!

Watched extra time and penalties of the Chelsea vs Norwich game on TV last night. VAR proved useless on the Willian decision but also a lot of going down far too easy from Chelsea. Bit of a disgrace really for the Premier League Champions to resort to cheating to beat a team currently 13th in the Championship even if they did rest some big players.

I was torn as I have a few Norwich mates, and really dislike Chelsea, but in a way the longer they're in the competition hopefully the more jaded some of their players will be in the run in, giving us a better chance of overtaking them.

My feeling is that Conte has lost the players,with them thinking he wants out at the end of the season. Similar to Chelsea the year before last when Mourinho lost the backing of the team.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 18:27

looks like old moaner is getting a contract extension, would loved to have seen him out of the British game. :grinny:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 18 January 2018 - 19:48

View Posttomtom, on 18 January 2018 - 14:42, said:

Yep, the Pedro dive was pathetic and the ref gave them nothing after that, I think he really took it to heart and if I'm honest, it made for decent viewing. I think someone could have smacked Morata with a baseball bat and the ref would have booked Morata.

Pens was a let down as Norwich's keeper never got close to any.

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:19

View PostYidio Yidio, on 18 January 2018 - 19:48, said:

Yep, the Pedro dive was pathetic and the ref gave them nothing after that, I think he really took it to heart and if I'm honest, it made for decent viewing. I think someone could have smacked Morata with a baseball bat and the ref would have booked Morata.

Pens was a let down as Norwich's keeper never got close to any.

Yup said to my Mrs that the ref clearly wasn't a Chelsea fan. Even thought the Morata one could have been a pen too! They all went down too easy but Norwich players kept giving them the opportunity to

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:50

Interesting call really i see intodays mail with write up/pictures they are saying it wasnt a dive, he was tripped, and that the ref had got it wrong, and that this techno they are using they are obviously not used to it yet.

Take either code of Rugby it has been used for ages, and the officials actually know how to use it.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:42

Yeah that's the thing. Everyone is writing off VAR based on that game, but I'm sure if it had been in use for a while and everyone was used to it it might be better.

The odd thing is that the video ref didn't see it as the wrong call, when pretty much everyone else can see it was a clear pen. So like I say, not the tech at fault, but human error as the video ref got it wrong.

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:50

spot on with Human error, to quick to blame tech, but as Ive always said when people come up with excuses over various things and say "Oh there was a computer fault/mistake" but a computer will only compute information that is fed into it by humans. :grinny:

Once its been used a few times and people have been given some brief guidlines/training I'm sure it will be fine, but compared to rugby there are far more stopages in footy than rugby. What Im saying is when I watched rugby (before getting rid of sky) especially League, it was always the "TV Game" that had the video ref and for a game to end on average 10 minutes or more after the 80 minutes was nothing, so with all the stopages in football was it offside, was it a fould was it hand ball, was it a penalty a game could well be nearly two hours long!! :getyacoat:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#9 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 January 2018 - 15:40

true - I think it should be reserved only for contentious calls like penalties or goals, not every corner/throw in.

Was reading it's integration in Germany wasn't too positive for the first 6 months or so and there were calls to scrap it but it's worked better in Italy and Portugal. Still some kinks to be ironed out it seems

#10 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 January 2018 - 18:16

I'm all for it, nothing worse than not seeing a replay at a match. It worked fine in the Leicester game.

The only argument is the grey areas in the rules, as an example I thought Morata's was a stone wall pen, the guy had his hand on his shoulder and that's a foul all day long. However, the club should be fined for Pedro's blatant dive.

Can't understand why they don't do the same as NFL and let the actual match ref look at the replay and make the decision, having a bloke miles away is just asking for problems. I would also stop the match clock, not add on time which already is a bit of a joke.

#11 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 19 January 2018 - 18:36

which is what is done in R/L clock is stopped, so in effect it still makes the on field time longer. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:22

Added on time always seems a bit random unless there's a major injury that stops play for a long length of time. Can have a game full of stoppages and timewasting and the ref adds on 2 minutes, another one that seems to breeze by with end to end fluid football and they add on 4 minutes. Feel like they make it up.

#13 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:42

I have often wondered at times where refs get all their extra time from, perhaps it has been caused by having "Fergie" around to long!!

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:24

View Posttomtom, on 20 January 2018 - 01:22, said:

Added on time always seems a bit random unless there's a major injury that stops play for a long length of time. Can have a game full of stoppages and timewasting and the ref adds on 2 minutes, another one that seems to breeze by with end to end fluid football and they add on 4 minutes. Feel like they make it up.

Yep, just don't understand why the ref times the match with a wrist watch, the VAR could be used so much better on many issues. If the flow of the match is effected it won't be for long as stricter rules will follow as time wasting tactics will eventually be stopped, they aren't at present.

#15 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 February 2018 - 23:29

Man City v Burnley

Our old mate Kyle Walker switched off for their goal after first making a poor defensive headed clearance. :niceone:

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 February 2018 - 20:44

Chelsea down to 10 men. Still 0-0

Come on Watford!

#17 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:10

Strange that they let bats go bring in Giroud and don't play him with Morata unavailable...............odd to say the least.

Oh, and Watford scored just before HT.

#18 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:14

watford winning 1-0 chelski had bakayoko sent off. :lmao: :dancing: :wave: conti.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:24

Chelski fans saying Conte getting the boot :shock: :shock:

#20 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 05 February 2018 - 21:25

Im not surprised, especially after he went public saying the club have not backed him.still winning on 66 min fabergas now in the book, chelski getting dirty. How much is a single fare to Italy. :wave:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users