• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Slow computers. Adding more ram.

#1 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:46

Dont know if many on here have a slow pc that constantly annoys ?

Having virtually no knowledge on how to repair anything that goes wrong & taking on board its expensive calling out someone to fix things i decided to take a look at what i could personally do to speed up my pc.

First i checked the ram gb on my computer specs and found what i had and then checked what i could upgrade it to.

On my particular pc i found i could double up the ram what was already on there.

I then thought where do the new ram panels fit ? tapping in my pc make and model i came across a you tube video showing how you can do this yourself.

Having bought 2 new ram panels with double the amount of ram i originally had off a seller on ebay with good feedback i set about unscrewing the back of my pc and had no trouble at all in fitting the new panels.

Turned my pc on and it goes like greased lightning now.

The panels costs me approx a total of 30.

A mate of mine reckoned had i called someone out to do the same thing it would have been maybe 130.

Really chuffed i decided to have a go myself .

If you have this same problem and need any advice let me know.

#2 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:09

well done. I have learned the hard and expensive way with pc, so took it upon myself to learn a bit about them with the help of various website. I have cured all soerts of things, and I wrote down as to where I went and what I did.

I have with the exception of one always had dell laptops, but they have all given me problems, like the one i use now XPS15 64 bit. It was a windows 7 laptop, I checked with various sources, including dell who said it will take the free windows 10 upgrade so went ahead and did it, all was well for a while but now its started doing all sorts of weird things at odd times, I rang dell who then told me there was not enough ram to work Win10 successfully, so I told them that earlier they said it would. so what do you do?

Now sometimes its slow starting about 2 minutes sometimes its almost instant, it often freezes for no reason, and sometimes when you click the cross in the top right to get rid of what you are using the screen goes all to a blur like an out of focus camera just for a couple of seconds then the programme you are using goes. Basically its acting real quirky. After further checking i do now feel that as a win7 pc it has not taken kindly to win10, so considering the problems I have in the past with dell, this pc was last chance saloon for them.

Seeing as I have just got an all singing all dancing HP printer, Im looking to buy a new HP laptop.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users