• You cannot reply to this topic

CHELTENHAM 2018

#101 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 16 March 2018 - 18:56

Yep, well done again Journo for organising and well done all for joining in.

So pleased Native River won the Gold Cup, I think he deserved one tbh and he's been a good horse for me :niceone:

I don't think any of us would have made profit so maybe the title of "Champion tipster" is pushing it a little.

I look forward to the next one and if anyone thinks they can take my crown "lets be havin ya" :niceone:

Well done :cheers:

#102 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:21

:niceone: all. Well done yidio !
& Thanks again Journo. Was fun.

#103 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 17 March 2018 - 08:20

Have to admit i enjoyed taking part and scoring, so if interested will do the same for the National meeting, so Yidio, you will have three people after you. hopefully more. :niceone:

PS tomtom need to delete Cheltenham on your signature. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#104 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 March 2018 - 14:13

View Postjourneyman, on 16 March 2018 - 18:43, said:

Right todays winner:
1st yidio with 22 points
2nd TomTom with 16 points
3rd BB with 6 points
4th Me with 3 points

so totting up over the four days the result is as follows;

OVERALL WINNER IS:

YIDIO 110 P WITH OINTS
2nd IS TOMTOM 97, FOR A MAN WHO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT RACING BRILLIANT.
3RD IS BB WITH 90 POINTS WELL DONE
AND LAST IS YOURS TRULY WITH 51 POINTS.

THANKS YOU TO THOSE THAT TOOK PART, IF YOU WANT AS BB SUGESTED WE CAN DO THE 4 DAY NATIONAL MEETING WITH SAME RULES EXCEPT A WINNER OF 10/1 OR GREATER YOU WILL GET 5 BONUS POINTS.

THANK YOU.

Maybe revise the scoring mike ! 1st = 10 points and then reflect placed selections 2nd 1/2 of the points = 5 and 3rd 1/4 = 3.

4th place where applicable could be 1/5 = 2 points.

Keep it at only 2 selected favs and a 10-1 or over selected winner gets a bonus five points.

I think geting 8 points for a runner up or 6 for picking a 3rd is too much ! picking a winner and selecting a big priced winner should be the main aim but it is your comp.

I am happy to donate a prize like a spurs dvd sent to admin to post onto the winner.

I have watched spurs vs arsenal 5-1 quite a few times and can pass it on via a comp if you want ?

Maybe tell others on here that they can tap into sky racing for the runners and riders on the day.

Good luck and i really enjoyed it.

#105 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 09:24

NOw that I like Lew, I just thought about a comp and came with something for cheltenham, but I totally agree with what you say about scoring. On reflection getting 8, 6, for second, and third, and only two more for a winner does;nt seem really fair. So yes I like that as there is the bigger advantage of picking a winner, so what I will do is to ammend the scoring rules, in the very first page of this cheltenham thread, then it will be there, also if people want they could write them down, but if a few of us are regulars we will soon know it off by heart.

Regards a prize your offer is most generous, and as far as im concerned that would be fine, by me but would want tomtom to also approve (as he is the owner) I will see if he comments in this thread, if nothing in a couple of days I will contact him.sorting out distribution could be done a few ways, but there would be the cost to yourself of posting, id you posted it to admin we then send it to winner, or maybe you could send direct to winner?

All very posative stuff you never know our little comps could turn into something Big!!

will amend scoring now, many thanks.

Quick edit: SCORES NOW AMMENDED, BONUS POINTS ALSO INCLUDED.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#106 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:19

Yeah we used to do prizes for the spurs score predictor comps on occasion. A DVD sounds good to me.

Can work out distribution once we have a winner!

#107 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:47

Is it possible to start every new comp. in a different thread ? Or change the thread title each time ?

#108 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 March 2018 - 10:55

Also, it was mentioned about the winner getting an avatar, this would be a good idea. It would bring attention to future comps.

Make it trophy like, that way it gets passed on to each winner. Make it bold and brash and obnoxious if possible. People might take the challenge on more readily if bragging rights were more in the face.

Just a thought.

#109 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:03

View Postjourneyman, on 18 March 2018 - 09:24, said:

NOw that I like Lew, I just thought about a comp and came with something for cheltenham, but I totally agree with what you say about scoring. On reflection getting 8, 6, for second, and third, and only two more for a winner does;nt seem really fair. So yes I like that as there is the bigger advantage of picking a winner, so what I will do is to ammend the scoring rules, in the very first page of this cheltenham thread, then it will be there, also if people want they could write them down, but if a few of us are regulars we will soon know it off by heart.

Regards a prize your offer is most generous, and as far as im concerned that would be fine, by me but would want tomtom to also approve (as he is the owner) I will see if he comments in this thread, if nothing in a couple of days I will contact him.sorting out distribution could be done a few ways, but there would be the cost to yourself of posting, id you posted it to admin we then send it to winner, or maybe you could send direct to winner?

All very posative stuff you never know our little comps could turn into something Big!!

will amend scoring now, many thanks.

Quick edit: SCORES NOW AMMENDED, BONUS POINTS ALSO INCLUDED.

No costs to the forum mike ! i am happy to donate my spurs dvds as prizes if they are wanted and postage costs are mine.

I think to protect & respect members privacy i would send to admin only and give the postage costs to tom to post on to the winner.

Great comp and i did enjoy it !

#110 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:56

that is a very generous offer, that im sure would be apprciated by all who choose to enter. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#111 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 18 March 2018 - 13:01

View PostYidio Yidio, on 18 March 2018 - 10:47, said:

Is it possible to start every new comp. in a different thread ? Or change the thread title each time ?

When I start a comp it will have its own heading in GENERAL CHAT.

View PostYidio Yidio, on 18 March 2018 - 10:55, said:

Also, it was mentioned about the winner getting an avatar, this would be a good idea. It would bring attention to future comps.

Make it trophy like, that way it gets passed on to each winner. Make it bold and brash and obnoxious if possible. People might take the challenge on more readily if bragging rights were more in the face.

Just a thought.

Love the thought of a bold brash trophy as you say hopefully might attract more attention. have we got a designer on here, but im sure tomtom will know how a trophy can be added to the avatar.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users