• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reo Griffiths

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 February 2018 - 15:50

Our former head of recruitment Paul Mitchell is apparently trying to poach Reo Griffiths for RB Leipzig in Bundesliga.

He scored a hat trick against Arsenal in our u18 game taking him to 21 goals so far this season.

He's 17 and yet to sign a pro contract.

Not seen any of him myself but hear some good things. Fingers crossed we persuade him to stay and he pushes for a senior squad place soon. We need a good young striker sooner rather than later.

#2 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 16:10

Spot on with that sounds promising. Lets hope that something will maybe develop.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#3 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 February 2018 - 18:09

Not sure if you misunderstood Journo, he plays for our U18s now - Leipzig are trying to steal him off us!

OGY just sent me an email echo-ing what others have said, highly rated youngster.

#4 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 20 February 2018 - 18:42

NO sorry didnt make myself clear I just read my post and saw that Id missed half of it off. I hoped that something developed in so much that he will be nutured in a way and give opportunities that will keep him out of the clutches of others. I know of him but to be honest not really how good he is. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 February 2018 - 22:09

thought that might be what you meant, but wasn't totally sure.

I'm starting to think our next striker needs to come from the academy or be a talented teenager we bring in from elsewhere.

#6 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 February 2018 - 22:26

Netted another Hat-trick

Averaging over a goal per game for our U18's. Mitchel is a snide weasel isn't he.

#7 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 25 February 2018 - 23:36

This kid could have a big future

#8 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 February 2018 - 23:37

Stick him in for the rochdale game - id genuinely rather him up top than Llorente

#9 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 February 2018 - 00:03

View PostSpursDan, on 25 February 2018 - 23:36, said:

This kid could have a big future

they is a huge difference playing youth level to premier league level lool, let him develop his game before we put pressure on prospects like that.

#10 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 April 2018 - 13:51

OMG Reo Griffiths scores 4 and assists 2 as our under 18s beat Arsenal 9-0!!! Well done lads - we needed some cheering up

I know Reo is young but IMO Poch should put him in the match day squad for Watford......sack Llorente off....if we are 3-0 up and cruising with 15/20 mins to go ..give him some minutes

#11 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 April 2018 - 15:47

Poch will bring him through when ready but he's clearly better than u18 level

#12 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 April 2018 - 23:10

View Posttomtom, on 24 April 2018 - 15:47, said:

Poch will bring him through when ready but he's clearly better than u18 level

You have to agree itís worth giving him a shot! Right now Iíd rather see him come off the bench than the likes of Llorente, Sissokho etc

#13 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:28

View PostSpursDan, on 24 April 2018 - 23:10, said:

You have to agree itís worth giving him a shot! Right now Iíd rather see him come off the bench than the likes of Llorente, Sissokho etc

We should secure top 4 before we start giving debuts to youngsters. He does look like a very promising player though. Hope to see him get a few chances or maybe a loan next season :niceone:

#14 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:35

View PostChrisPienaar, on 25 April 2018 - 07:28, said:

We should secure top 4 before we start giving debuts to youngsters. He does look like a very promising player though. Hope to see him get a few chances or maybe a loan next season :niceone:

Right so vs Watford....itís 1-1...75th minute...Alli comes off injured....we need a goal..who would you rather we put on ...Llorente of Reo Griffiths??

#15 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:24

View PostSpursDan, on 25 April 2018 - 08:35, said:

Right so vs Watford....itís 1-1...75th minute...Alli comes off injured....we need a goal..who would you rather we put on ...Llorente of Reo Griffiths??

Rooney made his debut at 17

#16 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 April 2018 - 14:40

View Postgriff, on 25 April 2018 - 11:24, said:

Rooney made his debut at 17

Exactly!! Reo deserves a place in the squad vs Watford

#17 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 April 2018 - 16:02

Don’t we get Marcus Edwards to sign on by guaranteeing him some first team squad involvolvement? That didn’t work out well, perhaps it’s put Reo off.

Perhaps he should think back a couple years ago when Leipzig persuaded another British kid over there ie Oliver Burke, he’s now at WBA for G od’s sake.

#18 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 April 2018 - 22:42

Calm down lads, Marcus Edwards got flattened when he got on the first team pitch as a sub, he was clearly nowhere near strong enough. Rooney was a barrel chested lad, much like Gazza, and got his debut in a s***e Everton team. He also went to Portugal and played his best tournament for England at a tender age. The point being he was freakishly advanced at a young age.

If you throw a kid in to a match this important, you could seriously ruin him. You just don't debut a youngster in this situation unless in dire desperation............nowhere near that point at present.

Great that we've got another youngster making noises, but lets keep his feet on the ground rather than start the exact same rubbish that didn't seem to help with Edwards attitude issues.

#19 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:00

View PostYidio Yidio, on 25 April 2018 - 22:42, said:

Calm down lads, Marcus Edwards got flattened when he got on the first team pitch as a sub, he was clearly nowhere near strong enough. Rooney was a barrel chested lad, much like Gazza, and got his debut in a s***e Everton team. He also went to Portugal and played his best tournament for England at a tender age. The point being he was freakishly advanced at a young age.

If you throw a kid in to a match this important, you could seriously ruin him. You just don't debut a youngster in this situation unless in dire desperation............nowhere near that point at present.

Great that we've got another youngster making noises, but lets keep his feet on the ground rather than start the exact same rubbish that didn't seem to help with Edwards attitude issues.

COMPLETELY DISAGREE

You mentioned Rooney...heís not the only youngster thrown into first team action at 17/18. Off the top of my head - Theo Walcott? He came into Arsenalís team very young and started very brightly - ok his career has petered out since then but he looked really good at first. And he was hardly a Ďbarrel chested ladí?! Heís always been small/lightweight

Rashford is another...thrown into a huge game at 18 I believe vs Arsenal last season and ends up scoring a double!

Thereís probably plenty more! Im not saying we should START Reo vs Watford but letís get him in the first team squad...get him in and around Kane to learn off him and IF on Monday night we are in a position (maybe 2/3 nil up with 15 odd mins to go) we can stick him on the pitch, have a look at how he does.

Marcus Edwards is a funny one...possibly a bad egg - but not every teenager would go down that route just by being involved with the first 11 for a few games

#20 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:27

View PostSpursDan, on 25 April 2018 - 08:35, said:

If the choice is only those two then Llorente. This game is far too big to take a risk on a youngster. These are the kinds of moves you make at the start of the season or if we have nothing to play for. But it could literally go either way for him. At the moment the only subs we have that could make a difference attacking wise seem to be Lucas and Lamela (and lamelas sub influence is debatable).

Kaziah Sterling also seems to be ahead of him seeing as hes been on the bench a couple of times. I wouldnt mind seeing griffiths on the bench as he does look quality but we can't trust him to change games for us on his debut.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users