• You cannot reply to this topic

Reo Griffiths

#21 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:49

View PostChrisPienaar, on 26 April 2018 - 07:27, said:

If the choice is only those two then Llorente. This game is far too big to take a risk on a youngster. These are the kinds of moves you make at the start of the season or if we have nothing to play for. But it could literally go either way for him. At the moment the only subs we have that could make a difference attacking wise seem to be Lucas and Lamela (and lamelas sub influence is debatable).

Kaziah Sterling also seems to be ahead of him seeing as hes been on the bench a couple of times. I wouldnt mind seeing griffiths on the bench as he does look quality but we can't trust him to change games for us on his debut.

Oh yeh because Llorente has scored lots of goals from the bench this season hasn’t he?? 🙄

So you’d rather bring on a player who is in retirement mode, hardly scored for us all season rather than a young hungry keen to impress striker?

I feel the same about both Sterling and Griffiths ...for god sake these boys need a chance to impress.

You say play them when we have nothing to play for and that the Watford game is too big etc but at this level EVERY game is important...we are expected to win 90 odd perecent of our games ....that’s the bar we’ve set for ourselves now so if it was up to you these young lads would never get the opportunity as you wouldn’t want to risk it.

#22 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:52

View PostSpursDan, on 26 April 2018 - 07:49, said:

Oh yeh because Llorente has scored lots of goals from the bench this season hasn’t he?? 🙄

So you’d rather bring on a player who is in retirement mode, hardly scored for us all season rather than a young hungry keen to impress striker?

I feel the same about both Sterling and Griffiths ...for god sake these boys need a chance to impress.

You say play them when we have nothing to play for and that the Watford game is too big etc but at this level EVERY game is important...we are expected to win 90 odd perecent of our games ....that’s the bar we’ve set for ourselves now so if it was up to you these young lads would never get the opportunity as you wouldn’t want to risk it.

Ironically isn’t Poch the one manager who has a strong reputation for giving youth a chance. I don’t see it very much to be honest.

#23 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:07

View Postgriff, on 26 April 2018 - 07:52, said:

Ironically isn’t Poch the one manager who has a strong reputation for giving youth a chance. I don’t see it very much to be honest.

He did at first ...Kane, Alli, Dier, Winks ....but hardly at all this season apart from the occasional appearance for KWP.

IMO sterling and griffiths should get a chance to show us what they can do...we are hardly spoilt for choice when it comes to strikers

#24 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:55

It's easy to get carried away with youngsters. His name escapes me but who was the guy who scored a bucket load at the u19 world cup years ago (like 9 in 4 games or something) who we signed over competition from Madrid and Barca? Got a couple loans then went to a serie B side.

It's one thing being top scorer for the u18s but there's a couple more youth levels above that before you hit the senior team. Poch watches youth games regularly and we know Scott Parker would support English talent if it was ready.

Have to have faith that he'll be moved up when they think it's the right time Dan.

Sterling has made the bench recently so I agree I'd rather see him than Llorente off the bench as Fernando hasn't settled and is probably already on holiday waiting for his next move. It's a shame as he scored a load last season but his hat trick aside he's not looked like repeating the feat at all.

#25 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:55

Souleymane Coulibaly tomtom

#26 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:39

That's the fella!

#27 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:41

View Posttomtom, on 26 April 2018 - 09:55, said:

It's easy to get carried away with youngsters. His name escapes me but who was the guy who scored a bucket load at the u19 world cup years ago (like 9 in 4 games or something) who we signed over competition from Madrid and Barca? Got a couple loans then went to a serie B side.

It's one thing being top scorer for the u18s but there's a couple more youth levels above that before you hit the senior team. Poch watches youth games regularly and we know Scott Parker would support English talent if it was ready.

Have to have faith that he'll be moved up when they think it's the right time Dan.

Sterling has made the bench recently so I agree I'd rather see him than Llorente off the bench as Fernando hasn't settled and is probably already on holiday waiting for his next move. It's a shame as he scored a load last season but his hat trick aside he's not looked like repeating the feat at all.

Yep, no time to reply, but basically this ^^^

If Llorente isn't plan B then surely start Lamela and bring Son off the bench.

#28 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:45

Just seen a pic of Giovanni Dos Santos.......................... :wtf:

He got a game in our CL qualifier away to Young Boys under Harry.............almost cost us very dear that match and Gio looked like a little boy lost. £40K a week Levy paid him. We forget sometimes.

#29 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:46

4-3-3 with a false 9 is a fantastic plan B with Son, Alli, Lamela and Lucas all good options and at least 2 of them fairly clinical in the box. Long balls to Llorente as a plan C. Sterling and Griffiths don't get in over those options when we need a goal but if we're 3-0 up and cruising I'd like to see Sterling get some minutes.

#30 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 13:00

View PostSpursDan, on 26 April 2018 - 07:49, said:

Thats why I said if you give me a choice of those two lol, I wouldnt have Llorente either! I'd much sooner bring on Aurier to change the game than him.

As mentioned above it is very easy to get carried away with youngsters performing at lower levels. I can name plenty of strikers from different clubs that went on to become nothing lol. Coulibaly being one of them, everyone thought he was going to be the next Drogba.

What I was saying is I would much rather see them get their debuts in league cup matches for example or when we are 3-0 up. A club supposedly as big as ours shouldnt be looking at an U18 player to change a game for us with 4 games left of the season! It would be a massive gamble to take when we have other subs like Lucas or Lamela.

I am in no way saying that the youngsters do not deserve to play in important games but I just think its a bit crazy to bring them in at such a hectic time rather than easing them in through the season. For example, I'm very disappointed that Kyle Walker Peters hasnt played more this season. I think hes been very unlucky given that he started the season with a man of the match performance. I would be happy to see Griffiths play but it shows maybe the weaknesses of our squad when we are looking at him now at the end of the season to score goals. In my opinion he should be tested in the pre season and certain games at the start of the season.

#31 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 13:54

feel really bad for KWP - if it weren't for our full back injuries around the time both windows were coming to a close he would have had a good loan this season. Frankly based on Aurier's performances so far KWP can feel pretty hard done by after his motm that he wasn't given more of a shot - although he obviously still has a lot of developing to do.

If you could only keep two of Tripps, Aurier and KWP which two would you keep?

#32 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 17:46

No mention of Dembele at Celtic at all of late

#33 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 17:59

Ouch, that's quite tuff, I'll make a case of all three,

Trippier I feel always benefits from a consistent run of games and sometimes looks very good. Thought he played well against United and really got stuck into Sanchez on a few occasions, certainly wasn't scared of him.

KWP could be anything, I liked what I saw against Newcastle when played on his stronger side, I don't think playing him left really helps him tbh. I still see huge potential in him.

Aurier, well, I can see an exciting and capable player who is somewhat unhinged. I'm not sure he can be coached but I just love that crazy b@**ard and I'd definitely want another year before giving up on him.

If a gun was held to my head I'd let Trips go because he seems to have less possible improvement left in the locker and I believe he's getting on a bit :grinny:

#34 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 April 2018 - 18:41

View Postgriff, on 25 April 2018 - 11:24, said:

Rooney made his debut at 17

Let's see if Griffiths can cut the mustard at under 21 level before we start comparing players to Rooney lol.

#35 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:58

Barce are sniffing around but there are hints that griffiths will sign a pro contract ! he is 18 soon.

These youngsters are so impatient and wont wait ! maybe poch can assure him at least bench duty isnt far away.

#36 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:07

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 22 May 2018 - 06:58, said:

Barce are sniffing around but there are hints that griffiths will sign a pro contract ! he is 18 soon.

These youngsters are so impatient and wont wait ! maybe poch can assure him at least bench duty isnt far away.

Haha, he was quoted as saying when asked on his own social media feed "I'll be signing something soon, don't you worry about that". not conclusive, but most read it as signing something with THFC.

#37 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:19

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 May 2018 - 09:07, said:

Haha, he was quoted as saying when asked on his own social media feed "I'll be signing something soon, don't you worry about that". not conclusive, but most read it as signing something with THFC.

Must admit i am getting a bit worried about this lad leaving

I know he is 17 but so was rashford when he started making the bench for man utd.

If he signs a pro contract i would like to see him making the bench for us 2018-2019 season.

I really believe harry might be in danger of burn out after the world cup and llorente is getting old.

Transfer fees are out of control so reo could be a good option for poch.

Leipzig sniffing around now as are other german clubs.

#38 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:40

I don't think Rashford has progressed at all. I suppose we have to trust the club but above all, accept that no one can blackmail a place in the squad. If he's truly good enough he'll get in.

#39 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 25 May 2018 - 06:40, said:

I don't think Rashford has progressed at all. I suppose we have to trust the club but above all, accept that no one can blackmail a place in the squad. If he's truly good enough he'll get in.

Totally agree rashford has been found out since his fantastic introduction by van gaal 2015/2016

Thats why harry is such a legend of a player ! he still scores goals even though prem defenders know all about his game.

The thing with youngsters is that they see the bright lights early and no amount of advice from top coaches can convince them they arent ready yet.

My missus was saying a 17 year old sees what top prem players get and want it all and want it now and what is most frustrating they want to be picked to play in the first team .LOL

Down side of this is that german clubs see the potential in draining off our youngsters (sign this son) of course you are straight in the first team ! yes we understand you dont get much chance in the epl....etc etc.

When we start seeing leipzig and co quoting us £75mill plus for our own youth product in the years to come we will actually understand what they are up to.

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:12

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 25 May 2018 - 11:05, said:

Totally agree rashford has been found out since his fantastic introduction by van gaal 2015/2016

Thats why harry is such a legend of a player ! he still scores goals even though prem defenders know all about his game.

The thing with youngsters is that they see the bright lights early and no amount of advice from top coaches can convince them they arent ready yet.

My missus was saying a 17 year old sees what top prem players get and want it all and want it now and what is most frustrating they want to be picked to play in the first team .LOL

Down side of this is that german clubs see the potential in draining off our youngsters (sign this son) of course you are straight in the first team ! yes we understand you dont get much chance in the epl....etc etc.

When we start seeing leipzig and co quoting us £75mill plus for our own youth product in the years to come we will actually understand what they are up to.

Agree, Paul Pogba springs to mind and of course Fabregas, and how he ended up with Arse.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users