Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cricket

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 09:45

Anyone into county Cricket here, and the various formats and tornaments that are now about, IE T20 blast etc? If so do you follow any particular county. I would love to be a part of the barmy army, but cant afford all that travel. :grinny: Fair play to them for their loyal support to the country. :clap: :clap:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2018 - 19:57

Traditional cricket bores the tits off me personally. Never understood how people can sit through it.

Some of the faster matches are more interesting but it's still so stop start and goes on for ages.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 23 February 2018 - 21:35

Yes I suppose to follow cricket might be difficult for some who have always been used to a more active sport that lasts about 80/90 minutes. But I feel that cricket is more of an art than football, inso much as the positioning of the field, IE do you have a close in field, do you have boundrie fielders,do you use fast bowlers, med/fast, spin, how much moisture is in the air how will it affect the balla flight, speed, bounch, do use use bouncers, yorkers, all this plus the pitch state, and who's batting, so many vairables. But I do understand to some it is slow and boring, but far more tactical , more of a thinking mans game really.

I know then you will always get the negative comments forom people like how the h*ll can you play a game for five days and still only end up with a draw, but non the less, there is far more to it thats for sure. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#4 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:52

View Postjourneyman, on 23 February 2018 - 21:35, said:

Yes I suppose to follow cricket might be difficult for some who have always been used to a more active sport that lasts about 80/90 minutes. But I feel that cricket is more of an art than football, inso much as the positioning of the field, IE do you have a close in field, do you have boundrie fielders,do you use fast bowlers, med/fast, spin, how much moisture is in the air how will it affect the balla flight, speed, bounch, do use use bouncers, yorkers, all this plus the pitch state, and who's batting, so many vairables. But I do understand to some it is slow and boring, but far more tactical , more of a thinking mans game really.

I know then you will always get the negative comments forom people like how the h*ll can you play a game for five days and still only end up with a draw, but non the less, there is far more to it thats for sure. :niceone:

Pretty much agree with all that, Cricket can be boring because of it's long playing time, even at grass roots level the short format can be a problem and it's no secret that it is struggling as a sport.

There is something very endearing about cricket on the village green and for me "The Ashes" is the most enthralling contest within the sport. But socially, a 20twenty evening match on the beers probably is more appealing to a wider audience even if it remains more of a slogging fest than a hard fought 100 in test conditions.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users