• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

personal MIle stone for me.

#1 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:25

Nothing to special really but for me a personal mile stone. On Sunday 24/02/18 (yesterday) I mad my 20,000th post on this site,wow there has been some ups and downs. It all started when I joined. (obviously) I was then made a writer by the ownwers and mods, that involved putting up any news, and like now match day topics. But back in them days we had a real wizzard on here who could create anything, and all the match day topice that I started contained the two club badges odf the teams at the top of the report. They are still on the site archives, it just made the match day topic heading look very smart i thought.

After about 18 months on here they the owners wanted another Mod, so they set out their questionaire, and invited people to apply, I did I was selected. After about another 15/18 months I was made admin.One of the owners never showed up hardly at all or hardly ever posted, in fact I think he was a villa supporter. I didnt know hardly anything about web sites let alone how to do things, but like I said we had a real super team on here, that were very clever as well. We had a legal person on here, a graphics person, a programmer, a semi pro writer who was actually head hunted by spurs and in fact left us to work for Tottenham hotspurs or so I believe. The one owner that really showed interest did really well he kept this site running in the technical sense of the word, the site had a lot of down times, and not just hours at times it was days one spell it was down for just about 2 weeks maybe longer im not sure.

He had to deal with all that, because of the down times a couple of people tried to form a breakaway site called Ossies Dream, it got up and running, i did look at it, a few went there but it died a death no one stayed, so I dont know what happened to them that started it, they didnt appear to come back here. Honest we really did have some very very talented people on here, but because of down times and nastiness that started to creep in a lot left.One of the owners that had little interest gave everthing over to the other one, but he couldnt cope, pressure on his work had increased, there was a lot of discontentment on this site people left in droves, at times for weeks on end I was virtually posting to myself on here to keep it going, those that did remain loyal started to ask the one owner if you dont have time hand it over to journeyman or this site will die. This did eventually happen I became owner, but I was working as an enforcement officer doing 12 hour shifts day and night, working in London, (Live in Dover) and abroad and away for a week at a time, it was pretty tough going, plus I really knew very little about what to do as regards running a site, but those that stayed with me we muddled through, i would like to add that the one person that stood by me through thick and thin was OGY, because he gave me info that he said I could put on the site, that kept people coming back to have a look, that is really how we kept going, I do honestly believe that had it not been for OGY and his info this site would probaly not have survived.

With some of the issues that were coming up I was getting out of my depth, that is when I advertised on here, several put their names forward to run it but the person I chose because of awnsers to my questions, and other experiences he had was as we all now know TomTom.
So that for anyone interested is the my history and some history of this site. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#2 User is offline   No easy games 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Family, friends and football.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:51

Thanks for all that Journo. Interesting to read a bit of history.

#3 User is offline   journeyman 

• Interests:Gyms out for a while, retired from port chaplaincy, now a person of leisure. for cardio have gone back to running. still love my digi photography.

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:26

cheers mate thanks. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#4 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 26 February 2018 - 19:09

Congratulations Journeyman, I think to stay on one site is an achievement. :clap: :clap:

#5 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 February 2018 - 23:49

Congrats mate. Here's to the next 20k

#6 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 27 February 2018 - 14:48

Thank you so very much to both of the above posters, "Thank You" :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#7 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 February 2018 - 16:52

A great achievement.Many congratulations. Obviously Spurs through and through.
🍾🍾👍

#8 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 27 February 2018 - 18:56

thank you I try to be. :niceone:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#9 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:21

Journo, I think that OGY DID make a great contribution to this site but YOU were always the catalyst for it continuing. Frankly, I don't know how you did it. When I first posted on this site I knew you were a FAIR moderator and that alone made me want to stay. Tom Tom has followed on and tried to do the same and has given leeway to some posters where other sites would have banned them immediately.

I know (like me) you are sometimes disenchanted with football but you are a Tottenham fan through and through and nothing will change that. You were born a Spurs fan and you will die one. I'm not sure we will ever recover the "good old days" but we all feel a lot more positive than we have done for many years. Let's hope in yours (and my own) time we will see Spurs pick up a major trophy or two. It will be great to see them playing in the new stadium which has still incorporated part of White Hart Lane so the many memories we have will not die. I was devastated to see Jimmy Greaves in poor health because I will never forget the many tremendous moments he has given me at the Lane. I hope he pulls round because he was an unforgettable player as were many of the others.

Football has changed drastically but then so has life and society. You can only relate to the generation you live in but we all know that money has ruined the game it once WAS.
However, I think if we can keep the team and its key players together we are definitely heading in the right direction and I have to give Poch and Levy credit for that.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 28 February 2018 - 13:47

View PostLonspurs, on 28 February 2018 - 10:21, said:

Journo, I think that OGY DID make a great contribution to this site but YOU were always the catalyst for it continuing. Frankly, I don't know how you did it. When I first posted on this site I knew you were a FAIR moderator and that alone made me want to stay. Tom Tom has followed on and tried to do the same and has given leeway to some posters where other sites would have banned them immediately.

I know (like me) you are sometimes disenchanted with football but you are a Tottenham fan through and through and nothing will change that. You were born a Spurs fan and you will die one. I'm not sure we will ever recover the "good old days" but we all feel a lot more positive than we have done for many years. Let's hope in yours (and my own) time we will see Spurs pick up a major trophy or two. It will be great to see them playing in the new stadium which has still incorporated part of White Hart Lane so the many memories we have will not die. I was devastated to see Jimmy Greaves in poor health because I will never forget the many tremendous moments he has given me at the Lane. I hope he pulls round because he was an unforgettable player as were many of the others.

Football has changed drastically but then so has life and society. You can only relate to the generation you live in but we all know that money has ruined the game it once WAS.
However, I think if we can keep the team and its key players together we are definitely heading in the right direction and I have to give Poch and Levy credit for that.

Money has ruined it (football) but i guess you cant blame people (players) for wanting a really good life because we all only pass this way once.

It aint a dress rehearsal as the old quote goes.

Mike (journo) has done a really good job and i love reading his views and footie history regarding spurs threads ....!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

#11 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2018 - 14:31

View Postjourneyman, on 26 February 2018 - 10:25, said:

Nothing to special really but for me a personal mile stone. On Sunday 24/02/18 (yesterday) I mad my 20,000th post on this site,wow there has been some ups and downs. It all started when I joined. (obviously) I was then made a writer by the ownwers and mods, that involved putting up any news, and like now match day topics. But back in them days we had a real wizzard on here who could create anything, and all the match day topice that I started contained the two club badges odf the teams at the top of the report. They are still on the site archives, it just made the match day topic heading look very smart i thought.

After about 18 months on here they the owners wanted another Mod, so they set out their questionaire, and invited people to apply, I did I was selected. After about another 15/18 months I was made admin.One of the owners never showed up hardly at all or hardly ever posted, in fact I think he was a villa supporter. I didnt know hardly anything about web sites let alone how to do things, but like I said we had a real super team on here, that were very clever as well. We had a legal person on here, a graphics person, a programmer, a semi pro writer who was actually head hunted by spurs and in fact left us to work for Tottenham hotspurs or so I believe. The one owner that really showed interest did really well he kept this site running in the technical sense of the word, the site had a lot of down times, and not just hours at times it was days one spell it was down for just about 2 weeks maybe longer im not sure.

He had to deal with all that, because of the down times a couple of people tried to form a breakaway site called Ossies Dream, it got up and running, i did look at it, a few went there but it died a death no one stayed, so I dont know what happened to them that started it, they didnt appear to come back here. Honest we really did have some very very talented people on here, but because of down times and nastiness that started to creep in a lot left.One of the owners that had little interest gave everthing over to the other one, but he couldnt cope, pressure on his work had increased, there was a lot of discontentment on this site people left in droves, at times for weeks on end I was virtually posting to myself on here to keep it going, those that did remain loyal started to ask the one owner if you dont have time hand it over to journeyman or this site will die. This did eventually happen I became owner, but I was working as an enforcement officer doing 12 hour shifts day and night, working in London, (Live in Dover) and abroad and away for a week at a time, it was pretty tough going, plus I really knew very little about what to do as regards running a site, but those that stayed with me we muddled through, i would like to add that the one person that stood by me through thick and thin was OGY, because he gave me info that he said I could put on the site, that kept people coming back to have a look, that is really how we kept going, I do honestly believe that had it not been for OGY and his info this site would probaly not have survived.

With some of the issues that were coming up I was getting out of my depth, that is when I advertised on here, several put their names forward to run it but the person I chose because of awnsers to my questions, and other experiences he had was as we all now know TomTom.
So that for anyone interested is the my history and some history of this site. :niceone:

Must admit i keep asking why OGY has been banned from this site mike ? only ask as you speak well of him .

I reckon the mods have to let him back on.......! surely

#12 User is offline   superspurs 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 28 February 2018 - 16:44

Congratulations Journo, I feel honoured to be able to view/write on here after all the hardwork you and others have put in over the years. Long may you and the site continue - many thanks!

#13 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2018 - 17:59

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 28 February 2018 - 14:31, said:

Must admit i keep asking why OGY has been banned from this site mike ? only ask as you speak well of him .

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

and donít call him shirley

#14 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 28 February 2018 - 18:36

View Postgriff, on 28 February 2018 - 17:59, said:

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

and donít call him shirley

I didnt..........misquoted ! ..... it was shirty !

#15 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 28 February 2018 - 19:09

This has been special for me to come in about 16.30 today after a long cold day out around the port to have a nice homemade caserole has warmed the cockles of my heart, but then, BUT THEN!! I come on here and read all these latest posts all I can say to everyone thanks a million. Lonspurs has known me for a long time we are only a few miles apart, we have met up for the odd tipple or two from time to time ( but not to often) he knows also what this site was like early days he also largely contributed a lot to this site and actually helped kept it going.

As some have asked why was ogy banned, well tomtom has always tried to be fair so all get treated the same, but sad to say for me I did and still do have a soft spot for OGY, and always will. Trouble is he wears his heart on his sleeve, he says what he thinks and as he see's it at that moment, as indeed I do, but when OGY has had an opinion or stated as he usually does FACTS, and some disagree and maybe have a dig OGY replies lets say in so much of a diplomatic way, so that has led to him being banned, but knowing him as I do I dont think unless under special circumstances he would ever come back.

Him like me are both ex service and have not only seen but been in action for our country in the modern day warfare, it can change a person considerably and if you allow it it will sink and destroy you, so whats the alternative you toughen up big time, and that has left its mark on OGY. I could so easy I admit it go off and explode like him but I want to remain on here so if I get really pi--ed off with someone I stay away for a while and hopefully cool down.

I hope that has awnsered some of the questions regards OGY. :cheers: :cheers:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#16 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:57

View Postjourneyman, on 28 February 2018 - 19:09, said:

This has been special for me to come in about 16.30 today after a long cold day out around the port to have a nice homemade caserole has warmed the cockles of my heart, but then, BUT THEN!! I come on here and read all these latest posts all I can say to everyone thanks a million. Lonspurs has known me for a long time we are only a few miles apart, we have met up for the odd tipple or two from time to time ( but not to often) he knows also what this site was like early days he also largely contributed a lot to this site and actually helped kept it going.

As some have asked why was ogy banned, well tomtom has always tried to be fair so all get treated the same, but sad to say for me I did and still do have a soft spot for OGY, and always will. Trouble is he wears his heart on his sleeve, he says what he thinks and as he see's it at that moment, as indeed I do, but when OGY has had an opinion or stated as he usually does FACTS, and some disagree and maybe have a dig OGY replies lets say in so much of a diplomatic way, so that has led to him being banned, but knowing him as I do I dont think unless under special circumstances he would ever come back.

Him like me are both ex service and have not only seen but been in action for our country in the modern day warfare, it can change a person considerably and if you allow it it will sink and destroy you, so whats the alternative you toughen up big time, and that has left its mark on OGY. I could so easy I admit it go off and explode like him but I want to remain on here so if I get really pi--ed off with someone I stay away for a while and hopefully cool down.

I hope that has awnsered some of the questions regards OGY. :cheers: :cheers:

I have no problems at all of OGY coming back on this site and I miss his input too. I don't even mind him swearing, it's just his personal attacks on people that can be over the top. Surely someone can explain to him that we're trying to attract new posters to the site, not SCARE THEM OFF? Maybe he'll never change but I'm wondering if we should give him one more chance? I'm not sure we have anything to lose.

#17 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:05

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 28 February 2018 - 14:31, said:

I'm beginning to think along these lines. Perhaps one more chance? However, I think he'll probably tell us to shove it. Journo can possibly smooth this one over.
Also, I think Journo's point about the pair of them seeing action for their country is a decent point. Conflict can affect people in very many different ways. I always thank my lucky stars that I have never had to fight for my country but I am well aware that many soldiers gave up their today for our tomorrow. That should never be forgotten.

Perhaps we should give OGY a bit more leeway and see where the chips fall? If he doesn't want to return then at least we know where we are.

#18 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:42

Obviously i would also agree with that but the main call is down to tomtom, Im sure he would have him back, but not sure he would come I would willingly try. But like me at times people take offence at how I speak or what I say, and more often than not i mean nothing by it but its my way of talkng, and thats the same with OGY.

Sadly for people like me OGY and no doubt thousands or millions of others is this politically correct society we now live in, as Stoksie said "A snowflake society" Lets hope (for me at least the next word is like the one i grew up in.) :cheers:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:11

Ask him nice and he might :grinny:

#20 User is offline   journeyman 

Posted 01 March 2018 - 13:44

View Postsuperspurs, on 28 February 2018 - 16:44, said:

Congratulations Journo, I feel honoured to be able to view/write on here after all the hardwork you and others have put in over the years. Long may you and the site continue - many thanks!

Thanks for the words my friend, but dont honoured mate you are very welcome indeed, In time some one will have to take over from us old gits on here.

HI Yidio, I will try thats the best I can do but he will probaly tell me fcuk off, or draw his bayonet on me :lmao:

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users