• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kyle Walker-Peters

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2018 - 23:59

Well done on your first Spurs goal. Lovely movement and great to see the desire he showed in his few minutes on the pitch. Even Rose stopped to applaud him at one point (while the game was ongoing).

I think he'll be a real player sooner rather than later and much as I think Aurier's dribbling and tackling mean he's worth persevering with to try and get the best out of him, KWP could well surpass him if he works hard and Aurier doesn't cut out the errors.

:niceone:

#2 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 01 March 2018 - 01:05

Yep, Walkers move probably came a year or two to early for him to just step up. I think he still needs a good loan placement next season. Being 3rd choice for us isn't any good to anyone and we rarely see him at RB. I wonder if Chris Hughton needs a RB next season

#3 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 01 March 2018 - 14:55

View PostYidio Yidio, on 01 March 2018 - 01:05, said:

Yep, Walkers move probably came a year or two to early for him to just step up. I think he still needs a good loan placement next season. Being 3rd choice for us isn't any good to anyone and we rarely see him at RB. I wonder if Chris Hughton needs a RB next season

Great point! A PL loan next season would be perfect for KWP and he has the talent to attract the interest

#4 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 March 2018 - 15:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 01 March 2018 - 01:05, said:

Chris was a great right back, could teach him a few things

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 March 2018 - 15:10

View Postgriff, on 01 March 2018 - 15:05, said:

Chris was a great right back, could teach him a few things

I don't doubt your knowledge of his Right back credentials, but I know he wasn't a shabby LB either. :niceone:

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 01 March 2018 - 15:10

#6 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 March 2018 - 15:55

View PostYidio Yidio, on 01 March 2018 - 15:10, said:

I don't doubt your knowledge of his Right back credentials, but I know he wasn't a shabby LB either. :niceone:

Course he was, my error.

#7 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 March 2018 - 18:13

I do hope we don't Kyle Naughton him though! force him to play LB too often and stunt his development at his natural position.

Naughton got slaughtered on here and elsewhere when he was out of position, he's gone on to be a fairly steady mid table PL RB. I think KWP has far more potential, but equally if he keeps covering other positions we need to cut him the necessary slack.

#8 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 01 March 2018 - 19:17

View Posttomtom, on 01 March 2018 - 18:13, said:

I do hope we don't Kyle Naughton him though! force him to play LB too often and stunt his development at his natural position.

Naughton got slaughtered on here and elsewhere when he was out of position, he's gone on to be a fairly steady mid table PL RB. I think KWP has far more potential, but equally if he keeps covering other positions we need to cut him the necessary slack.

Let's be fair naughton wasn't good enough not that I condone digging players out but this was possibly why.
walker Peters I think has the characteristics that poch likes in a full back I particularly like how aggressive he is.
Like all young players they need to learn positioning but it is something you can teach. He is at the right club to improve.

#9 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 01 March 2018 - 19:41

View Posttomtom, on 01 March 2018 - 18:13, said:

Yep, that's a part of why I think he needs a loan. Failing an injury to Aurier or trips he's more likely to cover Rose, the only reason he hasn't been loaned this season IMO. But the placement needs to be thought out better than CCV, Onamah and Edwards loans of this season. I wouldn't have sent Onamah any where near John Terry, the blokes a p***k.

#10 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 10 December 2018 - 15:10

Just signed another 5 year contract. Must have signed the most contracts without playing but fair play for showing tremendous patience

#11 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:51

Needs to step up tonight if given the chance which I suspect will happen...

#12 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:02

Poch has said he's ready. Proper Spurs lad, huge opportunity for him to make a statement.

#13 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:45

Really excited for the lad! What an experience Barcelona away and chance to take us through! COYS

#14 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 22:56

Well, he didn't take his chance... Interesting to see whether he starts against Burnley providing both Trippier and Aurier won't be ready.

Of course his mistake led to the goal, but he also kept passing the ball backwards everytime he vas fed on the right wing. Rose looked much bigger threat in attack and also more assured defensively.

#15 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 December 2018 - 00:08

Canít blame him too much, hasnít played in months and then thrown in against Barcelona. He should have been playing the odd game here and there, at least as a sub.

#16 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 December 2018 - 00:53

Agree Chris. He came in cold and realistically winks and KWP isn't enough to counter act a fast Barca counter. Also never would have happened if Eriksen could beat first man more often from a corner!

I actually thought he grew into the game after that and was beginning to cause their full back problems. I hope he starts Vs Burnley, he deserves the chances Aurier got to sort himself out.

#17 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:03

His mistake was a poor one but his block on Coutinho at 1-0 was STUNNING!
This lad still has the potential to be a great RB for us, stick him in vs Burnley please Poch

#18 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:29

He played brilliantly in the last game of the previous season vs Leicester - so there's definitely potential there, I'm not denying. I just can't see him developing to the top of his abilities as he'll spend most of the season on the bench. And same applies to the next season, and the season after next season... As long as there are both Trippier and Aurier in the team. Have to admit I didn't see Foyth starting for us either.

#19 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 14 December 2018 - 13:10

I have no dought in my mind that KWP will be one of the best Full backs in the league,,,because of what poch does with player and after kane, rose,, walker, trips, Davies last season, lamela,,and now sissoko,, I will never rule out any player at our club getting alot better even if your sh1t now once you get poched,,, you get good fast

#20 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 December 2018 - 18:50

haha...

Onomah is the one I hope he can work magic with the most. He absolutely hasn't looked ready yet, but in theory he's exactly the kind of player we need. Just needs to improve.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users