Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

English Youngsters in Germany

#1 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 16 May 2018 - 16:35

Didn't realise there were that many over there. Most of them playing regular football and I'm sure it will be good for English football long term unless the Krauts pick them first.

https://www.msn.com/...ocid=spartanntp

#2 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:26

One of our youngsters joining them in Germany. Keanan Bennetts

https://www.standard...p-a3841346.html

#3 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:01

View Postaramak, on 17 May 2018 - 10:26, said:

One of our youngsters joining them in Germany. Keanan Bennetts

https://www.standard...p-a3841346.html

This is happening all,too often atm, not just this lad and rumours,of Reo Griffiths, but also Sanchez and some,others.

#4 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 May 2018 - 13:00

View Postgriff, on 17 May 2018 - 11:01, said:

This is happening all,too often atm, not just this lad and rumours,of Reo Griffiths, but also Sanchez and some,others.

The thing is they're getting game time which they don't get in the EPL

#5 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 May 2018 - 17:57

View Postaramak, on 17 May 2018 - 13:00, said:

Thatís true because our clubs,especially the big guns ,buy foreign talent. We are supposedly the leaders in developing young English talent but look at Onomah, Edwards for example.These were our future stars, Chelseaís kids have been superb this season but how many will be given the chance to step up?

#6 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 17 May 2018 - 19:13

View Postgriff, on 17 May 2018 - 17:57, said:

Thatís true because our clubs,especially the big guns ,buy foreign talent. We are supposedly the leaders in developing young English talent but look at Onomah, Edwards for example.These were our future stars, Chelseaís kids have been superb this season but how many will be given the chance to step up?

That's the problem. Managers aren't taking risks with youth players because of the amount of money at stake. While in Germany because they haven't got the cash to spend they are playing youth players and developing them

#7 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:03

View Postaramak, on 17 May 2018 - 13:00, said:

I think prem clubs have to be alert to this because to me it looks like german clubs are using the impatience of youngsters to nick them off the clubs that are developing them.

Its a win / win situation for gernan clubs because you may have just signed the next kane or rashford.

To appease youngsters who want it all and want it now you have to at least bench them.

Give them a run out when 3 points are in the bag and tell them its their chance to impress !

Put the onus on youngsters who wont wait to show what they can do otherwise they will be permanently thinking they need to go elsewhere to get a chance.

For instance i would put Griffiths ahead of Llorente on the bench and if the result is safe ! take kane off 15-20 mins near the end and let the kid show what he can do.

#8 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:22

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 25 May 2018 - 03:03, said:

I think prem clubs have to be alert to this because to me it looks like german clubs are using the impatience of youngsters to nick them off the clubs that are developing them.

Its a win / win situation for gernan clubs because you may have just signed the next kane or rashford.

To appease youngsters who want it all and want it now you have to at least bench them.

Give them a run out when 3 points are in the bag and tell them its their chance to impress !

Put the onus on youngsters who wont wait to show what they can do otherwise they will be permanently thinking they need to go elsewhere to get a chance.

For instance i would put Griffiths ahead of Llorente on the bench and if the result is safe ! take kane off 15-20 mins near the end and let the kid show what he can do.

Your right.

#9 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 08:08

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 25 May 2018 - 03:03, said:

I thought Griffiths has to sign a pro contract to be able to feature in league games.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 10:22

View PostSpurs scout, on 29 May 2018 - 08:08, said:

I thought Griffiths has to sign a pro contract to be able to feature in league games.

Thinking about it ! you may be right but why is he considering moving overseas for a better chance of first team football if he isnt eligible to play for the first team at spurs ?

Lots of spurs fans were tweeting with 4 games left of the prem season to put him on the bench ahead of Llorente ! didnt happen but means a few of us got it wrong if you are correct scout.

#11 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 14:59

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 May 2018 - 10:22, said:

Thinking about it ! you may be right but why is he considering moving overseas for a better chance of first team football if he isnt eligible to play for the first team at spurs ?

Lots of spurs fans were tweeting with 4 games left of the prem season to put him on the bench ahead of Llorente ! didnt happen but means a few of us got it wrong if you are correct scout.

I don't get why some youth players are in a hurry to move to the bundesliga when everyone knows Poch gives youth a chance if they show dedication, promise improvement and a willingness to work hard, Mason, KWP, Onomah, Winks and Carter Vickers is prove of that
not unless they are chasing the money.

#12 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 15:41

View PostSpurs scout, on 29 May 2018 - 14:59, said:

I don't get why some youth players are in a hurry to move to the bundesliga when everyone knows Poch gives youth a chance if they show dedication, promise improvement and a willingness to work hard, Mason, KWP, Onomah, Winks and Carter Vickers is prove of that
not unless they are chasing the money.

I dont think its the money !

Its knowing they are going to be kept waiting ages for a chance to show what they can do.

I think the worst scenario last season was kane getting crocked and then the head coach plays a makeshift striker rather than give a prolific scoring youth player a run.

I think that would p!ss me off also if i was griffiths.

Personally i love what poch is doing but maybe some of the youth coaches are letting him down.

Scott Parker isnt that experienced in charge of the U 18s.

Use them or lose them to overseas clubs who will give them a chance.

#13 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 29 May 2018 - 17:12

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 May 2018 - 15:41, said:

Its knowing they are going to be kept waiting ages for a chance to show what they can do.

I think the worst scenario last season was kane getting crocked and then the head coach plays a makeshift striker rather than give a prolific scoring youth player a run.

Personally i love what poch is doing but maybe some of the youth coaches are letting him down.

The youth team coaches are not letting him down. Sadly, we're in the position whereby even Poch say's it in his book any player we buy have in the squad has to be 1st team ready which at our standard makes it really hard to promote or buy

#14 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 17:46

View Postaramak, on 29 May 2018 - 17:12, said:

The youth team coaches are not letting him down. Sadly, we're in the position whereby even Poch say's it in his book any player we buy have in the squad has to be 1st team ready which at our standard makes it really hard to promote or buy

I totally agree with poch ! but you have to see the bigger picture ! you have to keep an eye on everything that is going on within the club otherwise you are developing youth for other clubs............wasting the time and resources of the club by always saying they aint ready yet and buying in foreign players who play in those same positions.

You will only convince them they arent ready by playing them and saying this is your chance to impress " grab it with both hands" it either happens for them or it doesnt ! if it doesnt i am sure they realise the coaches are right and they need more time.

There is no harm in including a kid like griffiths in an end of season game when for us the cl place was achieved and there was nothing to lose.

We used to see this at spurs years and years ago ! end of season and young players were given a run out ! this doesnt seem to happen anymore though we do hear about winks but not many others get a run out.

#15 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 May 2018 - 17:52

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 May 2018 - 15:41, said:

The under 18's are doing well but to move from under 18's to professional football is a massive Leap. I can under stand if it was under 21 level players being impatient.

#16 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2018 - 20:53

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 29 May 2018 - 17:46, said:

We used to see this at spurs years and years ago ! end of season and young players were given a run out ! this doesnt seem to happen anymore though we do hear about winks but not many others get a run out.

2 seasons before we were fighting for 2nd place till the last game of the season so we played the strongest team possible. The season after we were guaranteed 2nd place with some games to spare and the likes of Lesniak, N'Koudou and Janssen (one youngster and two that were not regulars) were given the chances while Shashoua was on the bench. This season we were fighting for the 3rd spot till the last game but Poch still gave a chance to the likes of Sissoko, Lamela, Moura and KWP who were deffo not the part of the strongest XI.

Ok, he's not played youngsters with one exception but he gave the chance to some squad players to impress

#17 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 May 2018 - 00:23

View PostSilver, on 29 May 2018 - 20:53, said:

2 seasons before we were fighting for 2nd place till the last game of the season so we played the strongest team possible. The season after we were guaranteed 2nd place with some games to spare and the likes of Lesniak, N'Koudou and Janssen (one youngster and two that were not regulars) were given the chances while Shashoua was on the bench. This season we were fighting for the 3rd spot till the last game but Poch still gave a chance to the likes of Sissoko, Lamela, Moura and KWP who were deffo not the part of the strongest XI.

Ok, he's not played youngsters with one exception but he gave the chance to some squad players to impress

Yeah ok but its not fringe players german clubs are trying to cream off ! its youth potential.

If we lose academy developed players to german clubs then we are wasting the resources and efforts of the club to produce the next generation of players for tottenham hotspur.

I am sure something will be done but by then how many players will refuse to sign contracts with us and take off overseas ?

This is a tip of an iceberg and not just us........? the goons and liverpool are losing youth talent as well.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users