• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Abramovich Trouble in paradise

#21 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:21

They're asking Abramovich to prove his cash is legit. Though the rules say he only needs to prove the 2 million he's supposed to invest is legit

#22 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:23

Also saying it could affect Usmanov at the scum. Could be fun times ahead and all of us saying Levy was right all along with his vision

#23 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:37

View Postaramak, on 22 May 2018 - 11:23, said:

Also saying it could affect Usmanov at the scum. Could be fun times ahead and all of us saying Levy was right all along with his vision

I've never waned from his vision, and always said I'd rather lose than buy success. The holy grail became beating the money, not the opposition.

We'll get hypocrisy overload coming out of those who sold their souls when the money walks away from the unsustainable toys

#24 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:01

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 May 2018 - 11:37, said:

I've never waned from his vision, and always said I'd rather lose than buy success. The holy grail became beating the money, not the opposition.

We'll get hypocrisy overload coming out of those who sold their souls when the money walks away from the unsustainable toys

your right about that.

I must say on Levy I was fully on board till he got rid of Jol an abandoned a philosophy that even now would be the way forward, buying the best of British young talent added to a few quality signings.

He stumbled along till 'Arry then got lucky with Poch again.

It's been Poch that has got me believing again and allowed Levy vision of the stadium to happen and all it brings.

#25 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 May 2018 - 17:13

Don't think Poch has anything to do with the stadium, but does mean the success off the pitch is now being matched with our aspirations on the pitch.

#26 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 May 2018 - 19:08

View Posttomtom, on 23 May 2018 - 17:13, said:

Don't think Poch has anything to do with the stadium, but does mean the success off the pitch is now being matched with our aspirations on the pitch.

The extra revenue that's been generated from top 4 finishes plus low net spend has allowed Levy to plow all that cash into the stadium

#27 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:31

Who'd be Levy............thankless job. :grinny:

#28 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:31

Lets hope he has some cash tp plough into transfers as well. :niceone:
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#29 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:36

View PostYidio Yidio, on 23 May 2018 - 20:31, said:

Who'd be Levy............thankless job. :grinny:

Didn't look like that from the last financial statement :grinny:

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:56

View Postaramak, on 23 May 2018 - 20:36, said:

Didn't look like that from the last financial statement :grinny:

If he ever decides to rinse the club, we'll know about it.

#31 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 May 2018 - 21:28

View Postaramak, on 23 May 2018 - 19:08, said:

The extra revenue that's been generated from top 4 finishes plus low net spend has allowed Levy to plow all that cash into the stadium

The stadium would be at this stage regardless. It would have happened years ago but for that one greedy holdout with the kitchen equipment shop.

The plan for it wasn't built around CL qualification, but obviously it's covered the overage nicely.

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 May 2018 - 22:11

All loans secured for 5 years so definitely not reliant on it.

#33 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:50

Guys it would have happened, not disputing it for a second. What the top 4 finishes allowed was for the club to say up to last summer they had spent 375M and only 150 of that were loans.

So lets not act as if the top 4 finishes and low net spend hasn't contributed? So Poch has helped in that sense. Let's give credit where it's due. I've already said Levy's done so much for the club

#34 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:51

Ok, I'll stop pretending if you stop saying he fluked it :niceone:

#35 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:53

View Postaramak, on 22 May 2018 - 12:01, said:

your right about that.

I must say on Levy I was fully on board till he got rid of Jol an abandoned a philosophy that even now would be the way forward, buying the best of British young talent added to a few quality signings.

He stumbled along till 'Arry then got lucky with Poch again.

It's been Poch that has got me believing again and allowed Levy vision of the stadium to happen and all it brings.

That line there is b******s

#36 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:07

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 May 2018 - 07:53, said:

That line there is b******s

Considering it's my opinion. Explain why it's bullocks?? After the cock up after he sacked AVB and then Sherwood are you going to tell me Poch was part of his master plan??

#37 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:45

The stadium was, that's the point. You've already agreed. You've confused the issue with that statement saying it's Poch that's allowed it to happen, then agreeing that it would have happened anyway.

Jol was a lucky appointment as he was brought in as no.2 to Santini along with Arnesen. Santini jacked and Arnesen walked for money. Commolli came in and stitched Jol to get Ramos and LEVY brought Harry in to clean up the mess. Harry knobbed off with the England job and a 13 pt lead. AVB was a mistake, because he couldn't handle the pressure and didn't understand the job. Sherwood was an interim manager and it turns out rightly deemed not good enough to manage at that level. Poch was actually a thought out appointment more so than many of the others. Luck may well have played a part in all this, but the off field vision remained intact, academy, training facility, stadium, infrastructure and regeneration of Tottenham in general. His cat and mouse bluff with councils and government over strattford.

Poch is a good manager, but he's not the sole reason this club is moving into a new stadium, I think you've worded you're opinion slightly wrongly, his team has delivered CL football for 3 seasons, which has made life easier for everyone but it's only one piece of a very large jigsaw.

#38 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:54

I'd rather not get into a Levy debate, I get wound up by the inconsistencies of the story. He's one of, if not, the best chairman in the league and I wouldn't swap him with any other. Unless of course I get some free sex toys, then I might think about it :niceone:

#39 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:43

View PostYidio Yidio, on 24 May 2018 - 10:45, said:

The stadium was, that's the point. You've already agreed. You've confused the issue with that statement saying it's Poch that's allowed it to happen, then agreeing that it would have happened anyway.

Jol was a lucky appointment as he was brought in as no.2 to Santini along with Arnesen. Santini jacked and Arnesen walked for money. Commolli came in and stitched Jol to get Ramos and LEVY brought Harry in to clean up the mess. Harry knobbed off with the England job and a 13 pt lead. AVB was a mistake, because he couldn't handle the pressure and didn't understand the job. Sherwood was an interim manager and it turns out rightly deemed not good enough to manage at that level. Poch was actually a thought out appointment more so than many of the others. Luck may well have played a part in all this, but the off field vision remained intact, academy, training facility, stadium, infrastructure and regeneration of Tottenham in general. His cat and mouse bluff with councils and government over strattford.

Poch is a good manager, but he's not the sole reason this club is moving into a new stadium, I think you've worded you're opinion slightly wrongly, his team has delivered CL football for 3 seasons, which has made life easier for everyone but it's only one piece of a very large jigsaw.

Yid read my comments again they were 2 different comments from 2 different posts. The line you highlighted was talking about football not the stadium. In football terms Poch made me believe again because there was a vision and philosophy again after abandoning buying young British talent which after Jol the coaches didn't buy in to it and it looked like we were going from one thing to another.

As for the stadium everything you've said in this post I agree with and where I say give Poch credit is in the fact that the teams on the field improvement allowed more cash flow as well getting banks happy to free up loans do you think banks would have borrowed us that kind of money if we were a middle table team without them seeing anyway we could increase turnover regularly? No chance.

So it wasn't a slagging off of Levy at all.

#40 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:11

Fair enough, I read it wrong. When talking about Levy's vision I presume it's the off field stuff as I don't think he has an on-field vision. It's seen as a product of the machine, if that makes sense.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users