Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pellegingo Spam,Spam, Eggs and Spam

#1 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:00

Pellegringo going to be Spammers manager, I would think he'd be half decent for them.

#2 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:25

Respected manager no doubt. Needs to be seen if he can do it on a smaller budget

#3 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:28

Yep, more emphasis on scouting players, but surely he'd attract better players than Moyes.

#4 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 May 2018 - 11:28, said:

Yep, more emphasis on scouting players, but surely he'd attract better players than Moyes.

Yes he probably would but not the top of the tree players he was used to.

He's shopping in ours and Everton's basket and he might find the pickings there don't always add up to much

#5 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:59

View PostYidio Yidio, on 22 May 2018 - 09:00, said:

Pellegringo going to be Spammers manager, I would think he'd be half decent for them.

Definitely and i reckon he will come up with a few new signings that if successful wouldnt hang around the spams for too long.

Saw in the daily mail that he is targeting europe ? i would guess that means the europa.

#6 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:39

Course it does, people say Champions League if that's what they mean... except for Berbatov a few years ago, said he deserved to be playing in Europe, then we made Europa and he left because he deserved CL lol.

He's a good manager. People forget how much West Ham are saving with their tax payer funded stadium. They've just been rated in the top 20 richest clubs in the world above Everton and Leicester, and only a bit behind us in 10th. Well above the likes of Inter, AC & his past teams Villareal and Malaga, even if well behind his resources at City.

#7 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2018 - 20:27

David Gold says West Ham plan to provide new manager Manuel Pellegrini with more transfer funds this summer than in any previous transfer window.

Pellegrini was confirmed as Hammers boss on Tuesday and immediately targeted "four or five" new signings to ensure no repeat of last season's relegation struggle.

Gold and fellow joint-chairman David Sullivan have come under fire for a perceived lack of spending in the past, but the 81-year-old has promised to splash the cash with Pellegrini already putting together his wish list.

"He's working on it right now, that's why he's been brought in," Gold told talkSPORT.

"He's identified the positions he feels we need to strengthen, and it's up to him now to tell us the players and we'll do everything we can to bring them in.

"You can't put a figure on it because you don't know which players are going to leave and that will add to the kitty, but what I can assure everyone is we will probably spend more money in this window than we've spent in any window in the past."

#8 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:03

View Posttomtom, on 23 May 2018 - 11:39, said:

Course it does, people say Champions League if that's what they mean... except for Berbatov a few years ago, said he deserved to be playing in Europe, then we made Europa and he left because he deserved CL lol.

He's a good manager. People forget how much West Ham are saving with their tax payer funded stadium. They've just been rated in the top 20 richest clubs in the world above Everton and Leicester, and only a bit behind us in 10th. Well above the likes of Inter, AC & his past teams Villareal and Malaga, even if well behind his resources at City.

I didnt want to demean the europa by saying west ham are targeting europe lol ? but i guess it has a bit more about it now the winners go into the cl.

I heard he is being given a war chest of 100,000 mill but we have all seen how much you can buy for that.

A total disgrace brady negotiated the deal they have at the tax payers expense with then london mayor boris johnson.

I understood khan was going to conduct an enquiry into it.

#9 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 May 2018 - 22:14

They did the enquiry. Didn't reveal anything that wasn't known by those of us paying attention. Makes for grim reading if you weren't aware though I'm sure.
https://www.theguard...-london-stadium

Newham is such a poor council. For them to just take a 40M loan as never being repaid on the chin is the worst part for me when you consider what problems that money could go towards solving in the area.

Levy had it right all along, and the enquiry reveals that.

The article doesn't blame Seb Coe but he's also complicit. Sticking his nose in and saying West Ham had to win and that our bid didn't honour the promise made to the public of the Olympic Legacy clearly had a huge effect.

Not saying I'd have wanted us to win in hindsight. But in ruling out our bid before the decision it meant West Ham were the only option, and allowed them to make the ridiculous deal uncontested. And Boris bent over and took it from Brady.

#10 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 May 2018 - 01:56

View Posttomtom, on 24 May 2018 - 22:14, said:

They did the enquiry. Didn't reveal anything that wasn't known by those of us paying attention. Makes for grim reading if you weren't aware though I'm sure.

Newham is such a poor council. For them to just take a 40M loan as never being repaid on the chin is the worst part for me when you consider what problems that money could go towards solving in the area.

The article doesn't blame Seb Coe but he's also complicit. Sticking his nose in and saying West Ham had to win and that our bid didn't honour the promise made to the public of the Olympic Legacy clearly had a huge effect.

Not saying I'd have wanted us to win in hindsight. But in ruling out our bid before the decision it meant West Ham were the only option, and allowed them to make the ridiculous deal uncontested. And Boris bent over and took it from Brady.

Absolutely shocking ! its a disgrace ! when was it acceptable that the wealthy mans plaything gets subsidised by the public ?

The people that allow such things to occur arent fit to make decisions on behalf of the public interest.

These same type of people are recorded as paying 25 for a pack of aspirin from pharmaceutical compananies on behalf of the nhs.

Because its public money their brains seem to go awol.

Fcking laughable and i know a few spammers who admit its wrong while others say they couldnt give a monkeys if brady screwed the council.

#11 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 May 2018 - 00:45

I don't blame Brady. She just took them all in when she was the only one with cards at the table.

Boris however should be donating his personal wealth to charities in Newham imo

#12 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 27 May 2018 - 13:05

View Posttomtom, on 24 May 2018 - 22:14, said:

Followed it keenly at the time and it was probably the most corrupt decision in British sporting history and I'm happy that it's blowing up in the faces of all concerned.

Just wish some criminal charges could be brought

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users