Grealish

#21 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 20 July 2018 - 13:52

View PostSilver, on 20 July 2018 - 13:21, said:

BREAKING NEWS

Aston Villa have announced "significant investment" from NSWE, a company that is jointly owned and controlled by businessman Nassef Sawiris’ group NNS and businessman Wes Edens.

Current owner Dr Tony Xia will become co-chairman and remain on the board.

In a statement, Villa say: "The club’s management remain focused on strengthening the squad and are fully aligned with the new investors who are supportive of their ambitions."

Source: Sky Sports

They don't need to sell him anymore... Won't surprise me at all if we won't sign him now. Wouldn't expect him to play too much in our team anyway

I think we should go for Loftus-Cheek, our club needs a english player for champions league squad because Dier counts as a foreign player, trying to be clever by doing things on the cheap always comes round and hit you back, our club should stop messing about, they is not long to go.

#22 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2018 - 13:52

Investment I doubt will have any effect on FFP
They will still need to balance the books?

This is without a doubt why this seems to of moved to a snails pace this week
I was under the impression he would defo be confirmed in time to travel on our pre-season tour but next to no updates/info last few days on confirmation
Iíd be surprised if this hampered or derailed the deal but then again itís tottenham so never say never

#23 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:22

View PostParklaner, on 20 July 2018 - 13:52, said:

I was under the impression he would defo be confirmed in time to travel on our pre-season tour but next to no updates/info last few days on confirmation
Iíd be surprised if this hampered or derailed the deal but then again itís tottenham so never say never

I think they had problems with money to pay taxes but no issues from FFP point of view. Might be wrong, though

#24 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:31

View PostParklaner, on 20 July 2018 - 13:52, said:

Yeh Parky, this has definitely slowed things down and is bad timing for us.....im still told itís as good as done....just levy and villa bartering over a million or two

#25 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2018 - 14:43

View PostSpursDan, on 20 July 2018 - 14:31, said:

Yeh Parky, this has definitely slowed things down and is bad timing for us.....im still told itís as good as done....just levy and villa bartering over a million or two

Mother of god.

#26 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 July 2018 - 23:42

View PostSpursDan, on 20 July 2018 - 14:31, said:

Thatís different to info I had
I was told 100% hold up is down to villa for political/financial reasons & all key areas have been agreed which hasnít changed as of earlier this evening
This investment is making me twitchy but heard nothing of it causing any difficulty or change to the deal

It will be completed/finalised when timing is right for villa which surely imo should be very soon because going back a few days ago JG was expected to be on our preseason tour

#27 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:37

View PostParklaner, on 20 July 2018 - 23:42, said:

Thatís different to info I had
I was told 100% hold up is down to villa for political/financial reasons & all key areas have been agreed which hasnít changed as of earlier this evening
This investment is making me twitchy but heard nothing of it causing any difficulty or change to the deal

It will be completed/finalised when timing is right for villa which surely imo should be very soon because going back a few days ago JG was expected to be on our preseason tour

But this is the prob with levy, fighting over a million or 2 and they have there money problems sorted it could fcuk this deal up when it should of been sorted 2 weeks ago,,not that I'm over happy signing him in fact I don't think we'd be after him if they were not in money trouble to start with, he could turn out to be a big player for is but right now he doesn't improve us so it's hard to be excited about it

#28 User is offline   vortex444 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:57

Not fighting over any money done deal just that Villa have to put there house in order first. And money from us has to be verified by the club and calculated into villas debt.
As for the usual miserable doldrums on here we will be signing and our top target is shifting and just starting to be leaked in the press with noises of he wants to leave.
Only post I will do but have a great season boys COYS.

#29 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:36

Must be Zaha then

#30 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:41

View Postvortex444, on 21 July 2018 - 07:57, said:

Not fighting over any money done deal just that Villa have to put there house in order first. And money from us has to be verified by the club and calculated into villas debt.
As for the usual miserable doldrums on here we will be signing and our top target is shifting and just starting to be leaked in the press with noises of he wants to leave.

Long time no post Vortex. Glad to see your still keeping an eye on the forum

#31 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:01

View Postvortex444, on 21 July 2018 - 07:57, said:

Great to hear form you mate..long time

#32 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2018 - 23:27

Great to hear from you Vortex would love it even if you came back with no ITK itís good to hear from genuine fans and their opinions, take car mate and enjoy the season also

#33 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:04

http://www.skysports...ays-steve-bruce

Doesn't look like a done deal at all

Posted Image

#34 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:19

All the talk about Dembele,Alderweireld and Rose leaving. If all three stayed I would be delighted. What we would still need though are replacements for Llorente, Nkoudou and Sissoko.In other words a striker, a winger and a midfielder capable of playing alongside Dier/Wanyama or in the attacking midfield 3.
Grealish would be fine as the replacement for Sissoko. That would allow Foyth to get into the Champions League squad.
Bring in a winger instead of Nkoudou and striker instead of Llorente. This would appear good business. However, I feel that we need another box to box player ,someone with far more attacking ability than Dembele. Grealish is not that player.

Why is Grealish valued so highly when someone like James Maddison went for something like £20million?

#35 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:22

I think even if Dembele stays we need someone in for his position. He's not getting any younger and is a bit injury prone. He missed at least a month of action in every season at Spurs I think and every time he can't play we're not the same team cause we don't have anyone else who can replace Dembo.

N'Koudou and Llorente canbe replaced by one versatile attacker IMO as they were fringe players anyway. Zaha would do.

#36 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:24

View Postgriff, on 22 July 2018 - 10:19, said:

All the talk about Dembele,Alderweireld and Rose leaving. If all three stayed I would be delighted. What we would still need though are replacements for Llorente, Nkoudou and Sissoko.In other words a striker, a winger and a midfielder capable of playing alongside Dier/Wanyama or in the attacking midfield 3.
Grealish would be fine as the replacement for Sissoko. That would allow Foyth to get into the Champions League squad.
Bring in a winger instead of Nkoudou and striker instead of Llorente. This would appear good business. However, I feel that we need another box to box player ,someone with far more attacking ability than Dembele. Grealish is not that player.

Why is Grealish valued so highly when someone like James Maddison went for something like £20million?

Because Jack Grealish is a little further in his career and has premier league experience and maybe Villa have a high regard of him.

I read in the papers that our club made a 10 million open offer, 10 million below Villa want for Grealish.

#37 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:53

There are so many possibilities. If Kane was out we could play a front three without a recognised centre forward as do Liverpool.

Even if we kept either Jansen or Llorente ,I know debatable, we should change our formation to get the best out,of them if Kane was out. ie. play two,wide men in a front three either side. We could do this now we have Moura.

Son....Jansen....Moura

Cant remember us doing anything different very often than a 4-2-3-1 with them leading the line. Totally unsuited to eithers game.

#38 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:58

View Postgriff, on 22 July 2018 - 10:53, said:

There are so many possibilities. If Kane was out we could play a front three without a recognised centre forward as do Liverpool.

Even if we kept either Jansen or Llorente ,I know debatable, we should change our formation to get the best out,of them if Kane was out. ie. play two,wide men in a front three either side. We could do this now we have Moura.

Son....Jansen....Moura

Cant remember us doing anything different very often than a 4-2-3-1 with them leading the line. Totally unsuited to eithers game.

Jansen is not even in england let alone our squad lol, so I doubt we here from him soon.

#39 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:03

Wonder who everyone would prefer to buy out of these three?

Zaha.....Martial..Pulisic

#40 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:09

View Postgriff, on 22 July 2018 - 11:03, said:

Wonder who everyone would prefer to buy out of these three?

Zaha.....Martial..Pulisic

I'd like Martial most. It's close between Zaha and Pulisic but I'd prefer Zaha because of his experience in the premier league and ability to play up front.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users