• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Grealish

#41 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:18

Martial is best suited to,play as a striker although Zaha played there and well towards the end of last season.He played with a partner though and if Kane was out him and Son could be very good. Zaha really came on form the second half of the season whereas martial would need a little more work than Zaha imho. Saha would countnopas homegrown though.
As a winger Pilisic is the least experienced but he has more promise than the others. Levy would,I am sure,prefer Pulisic though as a way of tapping into the US market.

Honestly, atm,I’d be happy with anyone of Gelson Martins, Quincy Promes, Ante Rebic or Perisic.

Would have been happy with Yarmolemko mimd you,always,liked him.
Considering the fees being touted for Martial, Zaha ,and especially Richarlison,Man City did some,very good business for

Off topic I know but that clause in Alderweirelds contract.

At the end,of next season we can exercise a one year extension but if we do any club can buy him for £25million during the last two weeks,of the at Summer’s transfer window. What an absolutely stupid and pointless clause. Clubs would be all,over him.

#42 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:00

I am hearing this deal is dead because villa,s finances have changed and have priced the player at £40 mill and wont budge.

Bruce has said in an interview " we dont have to sell cheap to the circling vultures anymore " LOL, he,s fcking cr@p anyway.

Levy has to leave this deal because it was only ever attractive to him because the selling club were in financial trouble.

#43 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 13:26

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 22 July 2018 - 12:00, said:

I am hearing this deal is dead because villa,s finances have changed and have priced the player at £40 mill and wont budge.

Bruce has said in an interview " we dont have to sell cheap to the circling vultures anymore " LOL, he,s fcking cr@p anyway.

Levy has to leave this deal because it was only ever attractive to him because the selling club were in financial trouble.

They need english players for champion league squad, I like Loftus-Cheek, why can't we move for him.

#44 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 14:11

If we give up on this simply because we canít get him on the cheap then i really have to question what our intentions in the transfer window are. 40m has become the norm in transfers and for a young English player that is not a lot of money.

I really hope we were going for him because we see something in him and not because we could get a bargain and sell him.

#45 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 July 2018 - 14:48

View PostChrisPienaar, on 22 July 2018 - 14:11, said:

If we give up on this simply because we can’t get him on the cheap then i really have to question what our intentions in the transfer window are. 40m has become the norm in transfers and for a young English player that is not a lot of money.

I really hope we were going for him because we see something in him and not because we could get a bargain and sell him.

Chris .....! they arent a prem team anymore so in some ways i make levy right.

He also had a smack in the kidneys that made him ill for ages.

To be honest £20 mill is a fair price for a championship player.

Had he banged home 30 plus goals and taken that division by storm last season then i would say that price tag is realistic.

As much as i have moaned about levy this window he is trying to buy in realistically.........! personally i think the way to go is invest those millions that could be wasted on the selling clubs overpricing their players is to attract youth talent into the spurs academy and ensure they get a fair crack of the whip.

It comes with its headaches like youth knowing it all but its the way to go imho !

#46 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 22 July 2018 - 20:27

View PostSpurs scout, on 22 July 2018 - 13:26, said:

They need english players for champion league squad, I like Loftus-Cheek, why can't we move for him.

You know he's signed to Chelsea right? They're not going to let him come to us cheaply.

I really like the look of him but I'd imagine he's going to be incredible overpriced if a top club comes in for him. Whilst Palace or someone who isn't a threat will probably be allowed to sign him for a decent price if he pushes for the move.

#47 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 July 2018 - 19:56

He may well be a spurs player this time tomorrow with announcement by Wednesday

#48 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 July 2018 - 19:58

Fully expected movement on this today :wtf:

If we donít announce or at least publicly acknowledge this tomorrow then Iíll start to worry that things have stumbled behind the scenes!

Still confident but a tad bemused itís still not finalised publicly

#49 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 July 2018 - 20:41

View PostParklaner, on 24 July 2018 - 19:58, said:

Fully expected movement on this today :wtf:

If we donít announce or at least publicly acknowledge this tomorrow then Iíll start to worry that things have stumbled behind the scenes!

Still confident but a tad bemused itís still not finalised publicly

Bartering continues - new investors hasnít helped things as has given them the upper hand a little....

Still a done deal Iím told - the fee/add ons just being agreed then an announcement - been a long time coming and not the most exciting of signings but it will happen and other, more exciting signings i hope will follow!

#50 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 July 2018 - 15:39

Info on this one is medical now early next week & news of fee agreed should hit the press soon

If this turns out different then I give up with this deal :lmao:

#51 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2018 - 16:27

View PostParklaner, on 26 July 2018 - 15:39, said:

Info on this one is medical now early next week & news of fee agreed should hit the press soon

If this turns out different then I give up with this deal :lmao:

What a fuss about a decidedly average player who seems to think he is a lot better than he actually is.

Tell me whose place he is going to take in the side - at best he may be a half decent squad player who may get the occasional 20 minutes and play in League & FA Cup games. I certainly would not pick him above any of our existing midfield apart from Sisjoko

Spurs supporters deserve better than this clapped out melodrama

#52 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 July 2018 - 16:34

View PostSteveB, on 26 July 2018 - 16:27, said:

What a fuss about a decidedly average player who seems to think he is a lot better than he actually is.

Tell me whose place he is going to take in the side - at best he may be a half decent squad player who may get the occasional 20 minutes and play in League & FA Cup games. I certainly would not pick him above any of our existing midfield apart from Sisjoko

Spurs supporters deserve better than this clapped out melodrama

I remember a fair few saying the exact same when we bought a youngster from MK for £5m
If you donít think heís right for spurs then you havenít been paying attention to pochettino
This deal is 100% poch driven so for me thatís good enough to back it & hope it goes through
:niceone:

#53 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 July 2018 - 17:12

Villa fans seem gutted he's going and convinced under Poch he'll be an England starter before too long. That plus the fact Poch seems to want him is good enough for me.

Add to that I've seen a couple games where his dribbling has been fantastic give me some hope he might be better than people realise. Time will tell if he can pull the same trick against top sides.

#54 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:35

View Posttomtom, on 26 July 2018 - 17:12, said:

Villa fans seem gutted he's going and convinced under Poch he'll be an England starter before too long. That plus the fact Poch seems to want him is good enough for me.

Add to that I've seen a couple games where his dribbling has been fantastic give me some hope he might be better than people realise. Time will tell if he can pull the same trick against top sides.

Not happening tom......................villa,s new owners arent selling.

I think villa were aware new owners were coming in and delayed any sale but i am guessing levy bidded £20 mill and the rest is history.

Good try by levy ! and a good bid for a championship player.

Hope they stay in the championship.

Another very hard to deal with club.

#55 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 29 July 2018 - 22:12

Waited to long :angry:
We could/should of wrapped this up days ago it was a formality at one stage but tried kicking them when they were down & has come back to bite us

I know some not arsed but I wanted this lad & thought poch could work his magic!
Levy needs to up his game & pretty sharpish

#56 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2018 - 14:06

View PostParklaner, on 29 July 2018 - 22:12, said:

Waited to long :angry:
We could/should of wrapped this up days ago it was a formality at one stage but tried kicking them when they were down & has come back to bite us

I know some not arsed but I wanted this lad & thought poch could work his magic!
Levy needs to up his game & pretty sharpish

Typical levy, Poch deserves better...

#57 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2018 - 14:16

View PostChrisPienaar, on 30 July 2018 - 14:06, said:

Typical levy, Poch deserves better...

Got to wonder how much we wanted him? The deal was as complete as it could be without Grealish holding a spurs shirt & we just never sealed it ?
Original info was it was a poch driven transfer
Who knows we may go back with a bid late but as of right now itís dead & buried

#58 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2018 - 14:27

View PostParklaner, on 30 July 2018 - 14:16, said:

Got to wonder how much we wanted him? The deal was as complete as it could be without Grealish holding a spurs shirt & we just never sealed it ?

Be interesting to know the truth and most probably we will hear about it in years to come.

But it does sound like levy has failed poch on this one.

But poch has a new contract and increased wages so i cant see him complaining.

#59 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 30 July 2018 - 14:43

View PostParklaner, on 30 July 2018 - 14:16, said:

Iíll be honest, I wasnít over the moon about this transfer but if Poch wants him then we should have signed him. The thing is Poch will only take so much until he will start to consider leaving surely? This is a player that in the current market is not too expensive and whoís wages wouldnít have been a problem at all. No excuses for not getting it over the line by now.

#60 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 August 2018 - 14:39

this is moving again according to rumblings I'm hearing. Same fee we agreed before but more add ons.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users