Planet Spurs Forums: Deadline Day!! Pull your finger out Levy! - Planet Spurs Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Deadline Day!! Pull your finger out Levy!

#21 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:41

View Posthotsauce, on 09 August 2018 - 11:32, said:

This is the worst window I can remember, not only because we didn't sign anyone after been told we would,,but this is the window we lose poch, I think he won't believe a word levy says to him again plus real will smell blood now

The Nelson/Saha window was worse. We could all see Harry needed someone, and he got scrap heap players.

This window hasnít been that bad. No one left off a team that finished third, and there should be a full season of Alderweireld, Lamela (ok even I canít say that with a straight face), and Moura.

#22 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:41

This is the worst window I can remember, not only because we didn't sign anyone after been told we would,,but this is the window we lose poch, I think he won't believe a word levy says to him again plus real will smell blood now

Thatís the worst thing for me, Poch has been let down big time. He was promised risks would be taken and somehow weíve done worse than usual. Unbelievable.

#23 User is offline   electricpace 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:42

Thereís 4 hours left .. anything can happen !

#24 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:47

View Postelectricpace, on 09 August 2018 - 11:42, said:

Thereís 4 hours left .. anything can happen !

I would be amazed if we didnít at least sign 1 player but why always so late 😔

#25 User is offline   journeyman 

• player with most appearances
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Going to the Gym, keeping fit,Weight Lifting. Port and seafarers Chaplaincy.

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:58

levy bargin hunting.
Before You Judge My Life, My Past, Or My Character,

Walk In My Shoes, Walk The Path I Have Traveled, Live My Sorrow,
My Doubts, My Fear, My Pain, And My Laughter.

REMEMBER

Everyone Has A Story,
When You've Lived My Life,Then you Can Judge Me.

#26 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:09

I think poch would have been informed of the finance situation sauce and him and levy would have made grealish the top target this window but no one could give odds on villa being totally intransigent regarding the player.

It smacks a bit like the wba - jeremy peace - berahino situation a few years back.

Maybe levy rubs people up the wrong way ? who knows but it was a lot of time wasted on grealish.

I am hoping we dont sell anyone now either because its going to leave us short ! errrrrrrrrhemmmmm ! if someone wants sissy thats ok by me.

#27 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:28

Things change quickly but right now NOTHING likely

#28 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:29

I don't expect us to go all out and over pay by the masses, as I know its un reasonable to expect us to compete with the financial muscle of Man City etc. But it just frustrates me and I'm sure everyone else that other clubs identify what is required and go and get their man straight away, take Chelsea and their keeper for example, yes they paid over the odds we all know this but, they solved a problem. Why don't we just give Poch what he wants and overpay if the cash is there, I get its not how we do business but for goodness sake lets just go back him with 2/3 high profile targets and go penny pinch the remainder. I'm sure we will be able to make up a few quid on sales as we always do if not so be it, so what we end up 20mil (2/3) over spent on potential targets but I'm sorry where there is a will there is a way. I have remained optimistic but going in to today with 0 signings to freshen up the squad is a little hard to take. I cant take we tried or the market is hard, because other clubs have managed to do business, we are a force now and attractive club, I really hope I'm proved wrong and Levy delivers something special but at the moment I just wish this window would shut its been a painful last couple of weeks to sit through as a Spurs fan. I also think JG would of been class for us under MP, but meh. Sorry for the negativity in this post lads but cant help but feel a little let down.

#29 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:38

Less than four hours and nothing mentioned in the media. Can't see time for medical etc unless there's some top secret deal. Anyone know where Gareth is?

#30 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:41

Poch has come out and said with 4 hours to go it will be difficult to make any signings.

He also said he is pleased with the squad of players he has.

I think thats it lads

#31 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:50

Even during the summer of 1990 we brought in Justin Edinburgh. Never known a window like it. Wheel out new contracts to all our top players to try and show we've done good business Mr Levy.

Still hoping

#32 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:52

View PostHurrikane, on 09 August 2018 - 12:29, said:

I don't expect us to go all out and over pay by the masses, as I know its un reasonable to expect us to compete with the financial muscle of Man City etc. But it just frustrates me and I'm sure everyone else that other clubs identify what is required and go and get their man straight away, take Chelsea and their keeper for example, yes they paid over the odds we all know this but, they solved a problem. Why don't we just give Poch what he wants and overpay if the cash is there, I get its not how we do business but for goodness sake lets just go back him with 2/3 high profile targets and go penny pinch the remainder. I'm sure we will be able to make up a few quid on sales as we always do if not so be it, so what we end up 20mil (2/3) over spent on potential targets but I'm sorry where there is a will there is a way. I have remained optimistic but going in to today with 0 signings to freshen up the squad is a little hard to take. I cant take we tried or the market is hard, because other clubs have managed to do business, we are a force now and attractive club, I really hope I'm proved wrong and Levy delivers something special but at the moment I just wish this window would shut its been a painful last couple of weeks to sit through as a Spurs fan. I also think JG would of been class for us under MP, but meh. Sorry for the negativity in this post lads but cant help but feel a little let down.

Because Chelsea had to overpay because Courtous told Roman to shove his Russian Spy bulls*** up his ass, and the everyone who had a decent keeper had Romanís feet to the fire. This team didnít have to overpay for anything. This team is good enough to win as it is. I donít see anyone betting City in the league, but this team is good enough to beat anyone in the world.

And as a practical matter, the rest of Europe can not afford to pay the prices that England can due to the TV rights. So if you overpay for someone today, and they donít work out, you take it on the chin when itís time to unload the player, or he is on the wage bill at a high price, and doesnít play. As fans yes that would be great, but as a club who has to follow the financial fair play, itís tough to say you are taking a £40M lose on a single player after just two seasons.

#33 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:56

Understood USA which is why I said they've paid over the odds...

Just seems if we miss a target for the sake of 5 million don't really see the logic if its someone Poch really rates and thinks can improve the team, hes always had my backing and will continue to have whoever he puts out on that field, you cant tell me he is impressed with how this window has gone though no matter what spin is put on it, that's all I'm alluding to. Only positive to come from this is we may see the likes of Oakley Booth etc come through.

#34 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:57

Tbh Iíve been supporting levy throughout the window...been patient etc but itís awful really...we clearly CAN improve our squad...there are a fair few week spots but weíve done nothing. Zilch. Levy said our transfer activity wouldnít be affected by the stadium - what a load of rubbish

I still have faith in this squad/poch but not enough faith to think we will win anything this year - we needed to improve the squad for that IMO - best we can hope for now is another to 4 finish ....

#35 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:02

View PostHurrikane, on 09 August 2018 - 12:56, said:

Understood USA which is why I said they've paid over the odds...

Just seems if we miss a target for the sake of 5 million don't really see the logic if its someone Poch really rates and thinks can improve the team, hes always had my backing and will continue to have whoever he puts out on that field, you cant tell me he is impressed with how this window has gone though no matter what spin is put on it, that's all I'm alluding to. Only positive to come from this is we may see the likes of Oakley Booth etc come through.

We missed a target because the old owner agreed to a price, and the new owner didnít want a PR nightmare by selling the homegrown boy as soon as he bought the club. Iím sorry Iím with Levy on this one. A price was agreed, and then the new owner reneges. Hopefully Grealish becomes the new little bear, and he is sold for £2M after three seasons.

#36 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:02

People are constantly saying the stadium build has took all the money and we need to be sensible and use your heads what did you think was gonna happen and who do we get to replace dele and eriksen blaa blaa blaa, I'm simply going by what levy said all summer,the new stadium won't affect our transfer budget and poch saying we need to be brave and improve our 1st 11...now I've turned into one of the moaners because I've had my hopes built up,,fcuk away off with that BS.. we've been had..it's all been a total balls up,we have made money for the last 5-6 years we have took in more than we have spent yet the club gets £100s of millions over the last few years for prem and CL money yet we have spent less than we took in..in the words of expressions....AM I A PR1CK..but levy gets his £6m bonus..I want to push for a league title, win cups, but let's face it there no money or levy doesn't want to spend,,levy has been saving money for years now to pay for this stadium plus with grants and NFL money plus the naming rights which we don't have yet but that money will get forgotten about very fast, there s no way he wanted to sign a naming rights deal in the middle of a transfer window,,,now before his sons come on here saying, but the stadium build price went up,,I understand that, but then come out and say to all of us that there is no money for new players only enough to keep what we have and I bet everyone of us would understand. But then he had a load of season tickets to sell, con job

#37 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:43

View PostUSASpursFan, on 09 August 2018 - 13:02, said:

We missed a target because the old owner agreed to a price, and the new owner didn’t want a PR nightmare by selling the homegrown boy as soon as he bought the club. I’m sorry I’m with Levy on this one. A price was agreed, and then the new owner reneges. Hopefully Grealish becomes the new little bear, and he is sold for £2M after three seasons.

if a price was agreed why did it took levy so long to put a bid in? lol They had the whole summer to sign Grealish , well before the new owners arrived.

#38 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:53

View PostSpurs scout, on 09 August 2018 - 13:43, said:

if a price was agreed why did it took levy so long to put a bid in? lol They had the whole summer to sign Grealish , well before the new owners arrived.

He saw a chance to save money and then it was too late, another year same story.

Apparently Grealish was not our first choice so where are these other choices ??

#39 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 13:56

View PostChrisPienaar, on 09 August 2018 - 13:53, said:

He saw a chance to save money and then it was too late, another year same story.

Apparently Grealish was not our first choice so where are these other choices ??

It's just been a sh1t show from start to finish

#40 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 August 2018 - 14:26

View Posthotsauce, on 09 August 2018 - 13:56, said:

It's just been a sh1t show from start to finish

I tell you what, Poch did not exactly hide his feelings about the situation lol.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users