• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Man U v Spurs

#21 User is online   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Driving my new Audi, beep beep!!

Posted 20 August 2018 - 16:28

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 20 August 2018 - 16:08, said:

Nope other than confidence.

4 goals and he picks up the World Cup.

What matters more?

What comes first, the chicken or the egg ? Surely you can see the churlishness of your recent posts.

It's best to be constructive with criticism, rather than spit bile at all of it, your choice at the end of the day though.

#22 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 20 August 2018 - 16:28

Hard game especially off the back of losing to brighton ? they are the proverbial wounded beast.

I really think we have to match them for aggression.

Ok well i am not confident but if poch plays 3 at the back = = = = 0-1 dele.

#23 User is online   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 20 August 2018 - 16:34

they will sit deep I reckon. Back 3 with dembo and Dier

I'd play Rose and Trips

Eriksen, Alli Lamela, Kane, squeeze and press their defence with a high line. same as two years ago.

I'd possibly throw Aurier at Shaw at some point to

#24 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 20 August 2018 - 19:40

In the first six games predictor I went for 1-0 to them. But now I'm not so sure...

The Moany One has created one big f***ing black cloud over Old Trafford. We seem to be able to go to these places now without fear (cc Stamford Bridge last season). Harry can now score in August. Dele is showing flashes again. Moura looks switched on. Toby back in the fold.

2-0 us.

#25 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 20 August 2018 - 21:45

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 20 August 2018 - 13:24, said:

Dismiss its importance if you wish and that it provides one more building block for Pochettino.

I'm not dismissing it at all. Just don't see why it's any bigger than beating Chelsea away last season, turning over Liverpool & Madrid at home or the countless other big game scalps Pochettino has.

Still be nice to put another feather in his cap and improve his away record against top 6 clubs.

#26 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 20 August 2018 - 22:05

View Posttomtom, on 20 August 2018 - 21:45, said:

Still be nice to put another feather in his cap and improve his away record against top 6 clubs.

That for me is the next step. Big scalps away from home. Get that right and the league won't be far off. Hopefully first of many from Monday.

#27 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2018 - 00:41

View Postaramak, on 20 August 2018 - 22:05, said:

That for me is the next step. Big scalps away from home. Get that right and the league won't be far off. Hopefully first of many from Monday.

Exactly right.

The league in general is going to be harder this season in my opinion.

Beat United and already they are 2 games behind us but more it piles on the pressure on Moaninho and adds to the schisms.

I really expect Lamela (who I have not cared for to start) because his energy and bite will provoke United.

Alli, Kane, Eriksen and one more.

I think we will play a back 3 because of Lukaku.

#28 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2018 - 11:55

I think every top 6 club would like to improve their away record against the other 5. We’re not the only one of the 6 to have cr@p away records. I think the thing about this game is we look miles better than United and should expect to win……

1-2 …. Kane double.

#29 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 August 2018 - 15:37

Hadn't thought about the fact that that in last 3 seasons all 6 matches have been won by the home side (ie we won at Wembley/WHL, Utd won at Old Trafford). Can think of at least one of those where we were the undeserved loser. Be great to smash em this season.

#30 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 21 August 2018 - 15:47

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 21 August 2018 - 00:41, said:

Exactly right.

The league in general is going to be harder this season in my opinion.

Beat United and already they are 2 games behind us but more it piles on the pressure on Moaninho and adds to the schisms.

I really expect Lamela (who I have not cared for to start) because his energy and bite will provoke United.

Alli, Kane, Eriksen and one more.

I think we will play a back 3 because of Lukaku.

I don't agree with this nonsense that the league is going to be harder because the other five clubs have spent money, our country is so money obsessed, Arsenal and chelsea may have different managers and styles of play but they still don't look any better then our team, ignore the media hype. Our team has been written off for the top 4 for three seasons. The only team that looks miles ahead of us is Mancity.

#31 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2018 - 17:13

View PostSpurs scout, on 21 August 2018 - 15:47, said:

I don't agree with this nonsense that the league is going to be harder because the other five clubs have spent money, our country is so money obsessed, Arsenal and chelsea may have different managers and styles of play but they still don't look any better then our team, ignore the media hype. Our team has been written off for the top 4 for three seasons. The only team that looks miles ahead of us is Mancity.

Errrr.....

Did I say because of the other top teams?

My point was the other Premier League sides can now hold on to their best players which makes wimning so called easier games that bit harder for all concerned.

I will also add that Liverpool will be better because they spent big on 4 players. It makes a difference,

#32 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 22 August 2018 - 12:04

View PostNotimelikethepresent, on 21 August 2018 - 17:13, said:

Errrr.....

Did I say because of the other top teams?

My point was the other Premier League sides can now hold on to their best players which makes wimning so called easier games that bit harder for all concerned.

I will also add that Liverpool will be better because they spent big on 4 players. It makes a difference,

A lot of teams that have spent a lot need time to settle because new players may need time to adjust to a new league and players adjust to new ideas, you just have to look at Arsenal, West Ham , Liverpool and chelsea performances. We have a advantage our team is already settled. I was not blown away by Liverpool's performance against palace, before the penalty decision , they struggled to create against a organised defence.

#33 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 August 2018 - 22:41

View PostMattaoz87, on 21 August 2018 - 11:55, said:

I think every top 6 club would like to improve their away record against the other 5. We’re not the only one of the 6 to have cr@p away records. I think the thing about this game is we look miles better than United and should expect to win……

1-2 …. Kane double.

It's not the team I am frightened of , it is Mourinho. This has Mourinho ugly strangling defensive win written all over it.

#34 User is online   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:45

View PostSpurs scout, on 23 August 2018 - 22:41, said:

It's not the team I am frightened of , it is Mourinho. This has Mourinho ugly strangling defensive win written all over it.

Cut off Lucky's supply and the fat lump will get bored, lets squeeze the cr@p out of them. Lamela please. Harsh on Moura, but hey, it's a squad game these days.

#35 User is online   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:36

I'd start both. Drop dier for Dembele. Go full press. Lamela, Moura either side of Kane. Dembele, Eriksen, Dele as a 3 behind with Dembele deepest and Dele and Eriksen altnernating dropping alongside when we're defending.

Jan and Toby. Harsh on Sanchez but thought Moura and Lamela together looked dangerous Vs Fulham and tbf Mouras pressing won the ball a few times. So having both from the start would hopefully put the game beyond Utd reach.

Would mean our bench would be weaker but there's Winks to keep things ticking over and Sissoko to run around a bit.

#36 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 24 August 2018 - 21:21

Keep the ball for the first 15mins and watch the crowd turn.
They want moanhino out , he wants out so let's give them what they want
1-3 us

#37 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 August 2018 - 21:57

I’ll happily take a draw. 1-1 for me

My worry about all this mourimho business is who will they go in for ? I have a feeling they will go all out for poch . I think he would go aswell

#38 User is offline   USASpursFan 

• Spurs Legend
  • Group: Forum Moderator

Posted 24 August 2018 - 23:35

I think Eriksen scores quicker than he did last season, leading Spurs to a easy three points.

#39 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:24

All I ask on Monday is that we turn up as individuals and as a team and that the manager gets his calls right.

If United play brilliantly then fair play. If they don't have to do too much to get the better of us that will really hurt.

#40 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:47

For games like this id always go back to a base line up we used so many times , things get easier.

Hugo
Trips Toby verts Davies
Dier dembele
Lamela eriksen alli
Kane

Sanchez for toby, Lucas for lamela if we're dropping deeper, but knowing poch a little by now we're probably trying to get their throats.

Would've loved wanyama in this game. Predicting a 1 1 draw boring game with us pressing Manure into depressing defensive football.

Kane and martial to score.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users