• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

spurs v Liverpool

#1 User is offline   SteveB 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:22

Does anybody know when tickets go on sales for this game - its only 3 weeks away now.

As is usual from the crappy club web site there is no information other than a vague message about tickets being on sale soon (and that message has been there since before the Fulham game)

#2 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:29

Next week

https://www.tottenha...3,OGF5J,1CO29,1

#3 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2018 - 00:23

View Posttomtom, on 24 August 2018 - 11:29, said:

Canít be bothered with this poxy international break!! This is the all important game now! We quite simply HAVE to produce a performance and a result to be proud of!
Unfortunatly I canít see us being able to cope with them

Same line up as vs man united please poch

#4 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:19

Sonny needs to start for me, assuming he's allowed some rest on this international break and doesn't play 180 mins of the friendlies. Question is do you drop Dele, Eriksen, Kane or Moura. I'd probably go for Dele then bring him off the bench for whoever isn't cutting it on 60 mins.

#5 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:11

View Posttomtom, on 05 September 2018 - 01:19, said:

Sonny needs to start for me, assuming he's allowed some rest on this international break and doesn't play 180 mins of the friendlies. Question is do you drop Dele, Eriksen, Kane or Moura. I'd probably go for Dele then bring him off the bench for whoever isn't cutting it on 60 mins.

I don't no about Dele, he always turns up for the big games and is always a goal threat even when he is out of sorts. I really don't no what is going on with Eriksen, he is not playing well himself and Kane looks like he needs a rest. I think it will be hard to drop Moura because he started the season well but part of me is thinking that playing him further forward is affecting Kanes game. Getting far in the world cup has put a downer on some of our players form. I am a bit annoyed with Poch because he is over thinking things, when your team is in great form and the system that you are playing well and it is getting you goals, why change it , it does not make sense.

#6 User is offline   fentonroad 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:55

Dele has been decent without shining so much as Moura is taking up some positions he would be in last season. Dier still does a job as has all the rest. The big dip in form this year so far is Christian. For me, once Eriksen starting playing well it will all get better.

#7 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 06 September 2018 - 16:43

View Postfentonroad, on 05 September 2018 - 11:55, said:

The big dip in form this year so far is Christian. For me, once Eriksen starting playing well it will all get better.

Agreed. World Cup hangover? Did he think that there was a move away to a 'bigger club'? We need him back and firing on all cylinders again.

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 September 2018 - 17:11

I think it's mostly the change in formation. Everyone screams out for new signings but by bringing through just one new player into the starting XI (Moura) we're seeing the positives and the negatives. On the plus side, he looks like he adds pace, trickery and goals to our attack.

On the downside integrating him has resulted in a change of team shape, Eriksen has dropped deeper and doesn't look as comfortable in that role as I'd hoped, and Kane is seeing less of the ball resulting in less shots and goals for him.

#9 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 September 2018 - 17:17

Lamela, Winks, Wanyama and Lucas Moura all pictured in training today.

:praying: we get our full squad back.

#10 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:06

I would like to see changes against Liverpool. In a normal world Kane would need a rest. Dier is not and has not been good enough in central midfield for over a year. Dele has gone backwards. Davies has been poor this season.Dembele has been inconsistent.
If we look at replacing any of them against Liverpool we have problems though.

Kane could be replaced by either Son or Lorente. Son could be exhausted after the Asian cup and two games for Korea this week. Lorente,well Llorente.However, if he ever plays it should be in a 4-3-3 with two wingers flanking him or with two,up,front with a partner..
Dier could be replaced by Wanyama but he could be rusty after a lengthy injury lay off.
Dembele could be replaced by Winks, but same as Wamyama really.
Davies could be replaced by Rose.Danny was very good last night.

My team would be ....

Loris
Trippier...Alderweireld....Vertonghen...Rose
Eriksen.....Wanyama.....Dembele
Lamela.....Son......Moura

#11 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2018 - 20:07

Since Kane clearly needs a rest and the pace they have on the flanks my squad would be:

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dembele Dier Eriksen
Moura Dele Son

Harsh on Trippier but I think we need very fast full backs for this game.

Dele as a false 9 and Moura with Son cutting inside and making the runs. Lively attack with a lot of positional changes would be harder to defend against for Liverpool I think. Van Dijk would cope well against out-of-form Kane but would find it difficult to defend against front 3 without a traditional frontman. That formation would also give us 3 in the middle to combat their packed middle of the park.

#12 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 September 2018 - 13:46

Lloris and Alli both ruled out

#13 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 September 2018 - 13:47

Gazzinaga
Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose
Winks Dembo
Moura Eriksen Lamela
Kane

This is the team I think we should go for

#14 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 September 2018 - 15:12

Dele Alli will miss our Premier League clash against Liverpool on Saturday.

The midfielder picked up a hamstring injury on England duty and is unavailable this weekend.

Hugo Lloris also misses out as a result of a thigh injury picked up against Manchester United on 27 August. He's expected to be out for several weeks

#15 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 September 2018 - 15:46

Bad news on Hugo.

I hoped Dele was faking his injury to be fresh for Saturday.

Maybe start Lamela as Sonny has played a ton lately and needs a rest. Definitely have him on the bench though

#16 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Banned

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:25

Not looking forward to this game at all ! liverpool have made a flying start and i expect this to carry on against us.

Why southgate isnt trying out other england players in international friendlies is beyond me ? we seem to provide nearly half of his team for him.

Not just england ! belgium,denmark, south korea etc.

We pay these players their outlandish wages and then we read stuff like sonny, kane etc will need a break..........lol.

If our players play s*** against liverpool i guess we have to blame these pointless friendly internationals that need scrapping.

They should be used to blood english players that dont usually get a look in ! if from lower down leagues then so be it.

#17 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:23

Touch Match for Poch and The Team.
With Champion League starting next will be good to see how Poch will manage the Squad.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#18 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:20

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 14 September 2018 - 05:25, said:

Not looking forward to this game at all ! liverpool have made a flying start and i expect this to carry on against us.

Why southgate isnt trying out other england players in international friendlies is beyond me ? we seem to provide nearly half of his team for him.

Not just england ! belgium,denmark, south korea etc.

We pay these players their outlandish wages and then we read stuff like sonny, kane etc will need a break..........lol.

If our players play s*** against liverpool i guess we have to blame these pointless friendly internationals that need scrapping.

They should be used to blood english players that dont usually get a look in ! if from lower down leagues then so be it.

Ridiculous time for meaningless friendlies ,four games into the season after a World Cup summer.

#19 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:22

The th9ng I hate the most about Liverpool is all the other teams fans will down play there chances before a game and say it will be hard game but we should win 2-1 or something like that...but these fcuking cocky cnuts will just say 4-0 5-0 to pool ,,, hate that...so my prediction for this game is with Hugo and dele out and kane in bad need if a rest and all the pundits saying easy Liverpool win I will go for a 2-0 spurs and shut everyone up again like we always do and turn the whole bloody thing on its head

#20 User is offline   old spur 

• First Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2018 - 17:16

View Posthotsauce, on 14 September 2018 - 12:22, said:

The th9ng I hate the most about Liverpool is all the other teams fans will down play there chances before a game and say it will be hard game but we should win 2-1 or something like that...but these fcuking cocky cnuts will just say 4-0 5-0 to pool ,,, hate that...so my prediction for this game is with Hugo and dele out and kane in bad need if a rest and all the pundits saying easy Liverpool win I will go for a 2-0 spurs and shut everyone up again like we always do and turn the whole bloody thing on its head

There are so many things to hate about Liverpool

1) Most of their supporters don't even know where Liverpool is, and hang on to their 80s performances
2) That sickly sweet song they sing
3) The fact the media make out that Anfield is a cauldron of noise, when in actual fact it is even quieter than Old Trafford
4) Finally, they never stop going on about Hillsborough as if the supporters were little angels and had nothing to do with the whole thing.

All that said, I think we may lose badly

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users