• You cannot reply to this topic

spurs v Liverpool

#41 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:57

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 12:52, said:

Dreadful performance no creativity no foot hold in the game & no balance to our system
Moura is only player that has turned up

Sometimes you have to admit when a team is better than us. While they have strengthened we stood still. I am a huge fan of poch but the tactics of playing two fullbacks high together is playing to Liverpool's strength.

#42 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:01

Just an awful performance.
That what happened when you don't bolster your team accordingly.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#43 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:03

View PostSpurs scout, on 15 September 2018 - 12:57, said:

Sometimes you have to admit when a team is better than us. While they have strengthened we stood still.

Nah thatís b******s this performance is us out of form miles off our potential
The errors have been unforced just poor on our behalf we look sluggish & disorganised I think weíd struggle to beat any top half side playing like this
Liverpool are a good side but we havenít turned in any type of performance today
Iíve said numerous times I was worried about us early on this season & I felt weíd got away with it in first 4 games !

We need to hit the refresh button & start again Iíve next few weeks

#44 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:06

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 13:03, said:

Nah that’s b******s this performance is us out of form miles off our potential
The errors have been unforced just poor on our behalf we look sluggish & disorganised I think we’d struggle to beat any top half side playing like this
Liverpool are a good side but we haven’t turned in any type of performance today
I’ve said numerous times I was worried about us early on this season & I felt we’d got away with it in first 4 games !
We’ve more bad than Liverpool good

When we played Liverpool last season they had a dodgy defender and a dodgy goalkeeper, this game showed to me that they are better then last season.

I agree that our performance is not what we are use to , I blame Poch because he is trying things out ths season and it is not working.

#45 User is offline   pom aussie spur 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:19

from the other side of the world in Aussie

1) SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
2) Predictable
3) No flair
4) No hunger at all ( except Moura, wish all the others chased like he does)
5) Bereft of any ideas, kick the ball long, hoping that miracle ball will somehow split the 3 liverpool defenders and fall into our one man forward.

#46 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:27

View Postpom aussie spur, on 15 September 2018 - 13:19, said:

2) Predictable
3) No flair
5) Bereft of any ideas, kick the ball long, hoping that miracle ball will somehow split the 3 liverpool defenders and fall into our one man forward.

It was always was going to be a different game to last season even if we were full strength, Liverpool went out this Transfer window and corrected there weaknesses while we did not , we stayed the same, they improved there defence.

#47 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:37

View PostSpurs scout, on 15 September 2018 - 13:06, said:

When we played Liverpool last season they had a dodgy defender and a dodgy goalkeeper, this game showed to me that they are better then last season.

I agree that our performance is not what we are use to , I blame Poch because he is trying things out ths season and it is not working.

Theyíve improved but not the point we canít compete & today apart from 20mins before the first goal we didnít compete

Being a spurs fan my reflection is more on how far we are off our level currently rather than claiming Liverpool are on another level that we canít reach because thatís simply not true imo we can beat & finish above this Liverpool side but only if we can find the performances we all know this side is capable of because today was more like poch first season in charge rather than the top level performances weíve been use to since then

Really poor today & time to give others starts
Sonny lamela moura all need to be given starts over next few weeks lamela has been good whenever heís played this season & moura & sonny are a proper threat

#48 User is offline   pom aussie spur 

• Trainee
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:38

2) Predictable
3) No flair

#49 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:43

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 13:37, said:

They’ve improved but not the point we can’t compete & today apart from 20mins before the first goal we didn’t compete

Being a spurs fan my reflection is more on how far we are off our level currently rather than claiming Liverpool are on another level that we can’t reach because that’s simply not true imo we can beat & finish above this Liverpool side but only if we can find the performances we all know this side is capable of because today was more like poch first season in charge rather than the top level performances we’ve been use to since then

Really poor today & time to give others starts
Sonny lamela moura all need to be given starts over next few weeks lamela has been good whenever he’s played this season & moura & sonny are a proper threat

I never said our team could not compete when they are firing, I said Liverpool looked the more likely to challenge for the title because of squad depth and there first team has improved , I don't think our squad this season is good enought to challenge for the title, but I think it is still good enough to fight for third and fourth place.

#50 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:50

We didnt need new player in the summer this group is ready to step up... 5 games in and we are 6 pts off the pace with a tried team..👍well done spurs lets try and win the league on the cheap

#51 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:54

View Posthotsauce, on 15 September 2018 - 13:50, said:

We didnt need new player in the summer this group is ready to step up... 5 games in and we are 6 pts off the pace with a tried team..👍well done spurs lets try and win the league on the cheap

I agree with you, but I am bored of this title challenge when we have never been in a position to really challenge for a title.

#52 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 13:59

Am I the only one that doesnít like dembele? He is a monster of possession but does he do anything constructive with it???

I hope we sign a new midfielder in January as we need some fresh ideas for games like this.

#53 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 14:07

View PostChrisPienaar, on 15 September 2018 - 13:59, said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t like dembele? He is a monster of possession but does he do anything constructive with it???

I hope we sign a new midfielder in January as we need some fresh ideas for games like this.

lol dembele was probably one of the better players in our midfield along side Moura , at least he won the ball back and drive up the pitch ,something Dier has not done. Yes your the only one that does not like Dembele lol.

#54 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 14:20

IMO the next few games should be built around moura son lamela
We need to freshen it up & we need Sanchez back in the side to help at defending set pieces !

Any chance we could get karius on loan ? Vorm was dreadful today & always gets swallowed up at balls into the box & imo 3 of the last 4 goals conceded wouldnít of been with Hugo in goal ! In no way is that excusing the lacklustre performances of late but we are in trouble until Hugo is back imo

Defo pen on sonny but ref had shocking view & would of been daylight robbery
Tough times ahead in the near future I think we will take a good 3-4 games to play ourselves into form
Worrying about the here & now because performance level is nowhere near where it needs to be to get up the league & stand a chance of lighting up our champions league group

#55 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 14:34

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 14:20, said:

IMO the next few games should be built around moura son lamela
We need to freshen it up & we need Sanchez back in the side to help at defending set pieces !

Any chance we could get karius on loan ? Vorm was dreadful today & always gets swallowed up at balls into the box & imo 3 of the last 4 goals conceded wouldn’t of been with Hugo in goal ! In no way is that excusing the lacklustre performances of late but we are in trouble until Hugo is back imo

Defo pen on sonny but ref had shocking view & would of been daylight robbery
Tough times ahead in the near future I think we will take a good 3-4 games to play ourselves into form
Worrying about the here & now because performance level is nowhere near where it needs to be to get up the league & stand a chance of lighting up our champions league group

I don't no , something is wrong, the back three is not working for us for some reason this season, we have looked vulnerable against Fulham , Newcastle and Watford, maybe its because Poch has tinkled with something or our players are out of sorts ,or it could be both, today our problem today was both our fullbacks were high together, leaving us out numbered when Liverpool broke and Vorm was not commanding, I don't think whoever was in defence were going to fill confident in defence when Vorm is playing. We also lack a commanding holding midfielder.

#56 User is offline   aramak 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Travel, nature, fitness, movies, music, reading, sports, politics, debating, sociology

Posted 15 September 2018 - 14:58

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 12:52, said:

Dreadful performance no creativity no foot hold in the game & no balance to our system
Moura is only player that has turned up

Agreed

#57 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 15:11

Absolutely dreadful performance from most of the team and also from Poch himself.
This high line defence is dreadful and needs to be consigned to the dustbin. Moura tried his best but didnít we buy him as a right winger so why not play him there? Erik sent is always poor early season and often fails to turn up for Ďbig gamesí. Dier has been ineffective since the Leicester year. I would get rid of both to be honest.Gazzinga must replace Vorm as number 2 keeper.Dembele is brilliant at keeping the ball and dribbling but then passes sideways or backwards.
This team and Pochs tactics will not get us into next years Champions League.

#58 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 15:15

View Postaramak, on 15 September 2018 - 14:58, said:

Agreed

Poch has looked worried since our win against Man utd, we have been below our usual standards so far this season and Poch is trying different formations to get us going, by tinkering around and it is not working, maybe playing Moura up front has kind of messed up the rhythm of Alli , Eriksen and Kane. I can not remember Kane being this quiet and Eriksen being so ineffective at creating and being a goal threat himself. Saying that, Moura was lively and Lamela has a spring on his step.

#59 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 15 September 2018 - 15:55

No Comment!

#60 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 15 September 2018 - 17:58

Same old cr@p again this season ....canít see us winning anything yet again!
Why oh why did we not even sign a single player?! Lack of depth is starting to show

KANE NEEDS A REST ....ERIKSEN NEEDS A ROCKET UP HIS ARSE

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users