• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

spurs v Liverpool

#81 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:14

These are the relevant points concerning my pathetic post.

Did Poch get his tactics wrong on Saturday? Does he do,this,often?.......yes?
Has he got favourites who he never drops despite loss of form?......Eriksen,Dier,Kane?........yes?
Does he argue when decisions go against us incorrectly?......once or twice perhaps.
Does he take Levy on over lack,of investment?........no?
Does he make his substitutions too late.....yes?
Does he emphasise that we have a lot of formations that he can use during a game?.....yes?
Have we lost players to,injury, initially out for a set time, getbtreated,eventually operated on, then break down?.....Rose,Lamela,Wanyama,Winks?so is our medical team good enough?
Did the high line help Liverpool on Saturday? Does it make our defence less reliable? .......I think so.
Which of our youngsters is ready to make a breakthrough? ....Kyle Walker-Peters has looked most likely? Well,when?Skipp and Amos impressed in close season.Dier has been terrible, Winks and Dembele not fit early season, a good opportunity to blood one of them.

I honestly believe that we have little chance of winning anything again this season because of all the above.

#82 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:38

View Postgriff, on 17 September 2018 - 06:14, said:

These are the relevant points concerning my pathetic post.

Did Poch get his tactics wrong on Saturday? Does he do,this,often?.......yes?
Has he got favourites who he never drops despite loss of form?......Eriksen,Dier,Kane?........yes?
Does he argue when decisions go against us incorrectly?......once or twice perhaps.
Does he take Levy on over lack,of investment?........no?
Does he make his substitutions too late.....yes?
Does he emphasise that we have a lot of formations that he can use during a game?.....yes?
Have we lost players to,injury, initially out for a set time, getbtreated,eventually operated on, then break down?.....Rose,Lamela,Wanyama,Winks?so is our medical team good enough?
Did the high line help Liverpool on Saturday? Does it make our defence less reliable? .......I think so.
Which of our youngsters is ready to make a breakthrough? ....Kyle Walker-Peters has looked most likely? Well,when?Skipp and Amos impressed in close season.Dier has been terrible, Winks and Dembele not fit early season, a good opportunity to blood one of them.

I honestly believe that we have little chance of winning anything again this season because of all the above.

Probably a lot of what you are saying is correct griff but poch has surprised me in the past by going on long runs unbeaten and who is to say he wont do so again.

Personally i think dembele is really terrible right now and the first signs of this was in last seasons fa cup semi when pogba out muscled him for their winning goal.

Dier isnt creative at all ! his role should be as a destroyer.

Always pre season games include youngsters who impress and the manager gets excited about but then you dont see them when the season starts in earnest...............! thats been happening for years now.

#83 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:41

View PostBroadway Beagle, on 17 September 2018 - 06:38, said:

Probably a lot of what you are saying is correct griff but poch has surprised me in the past by going on long runs unbeaten and who is to say he wont do so again.

Personally i think dembele is really terrible right now and the first signs of this was in last seasons fa cup semi when pogba out muscled him for their winning goal.

Dier isnt creative at all ! his role should be as a destroyer.

Always pre season games include youngsters who impress and the manager gets excited about but then you dont see them when the season starts in earnest...............! thats been happening for years now.

I reckon most posters have said these things. Iím just concerned that these things keep happening.

#84 User is offline   Notimelikethepresent 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:08

My view.....

I just think you need a bit of a refresh each season. Doesn't have to be radical but it has to happen.

To me there are some obvious areas that need addressing and I sicken for example at hearing or reading that there is no striker who would come to us to be Kane's understudy. Too right. How about coming because you think you are better than Kane?

I think the situation we find ourselves in and by that I mean the current negativity could have been avoided and without breaking the bank.

I called it out in the summer, was still sceptical when we won our first 3 games, fumed at the mamner of the Watford loss and expected us to succumb to Liverpool.

We need to see some changes in the line-up but our squad is still a very good one but maybe one that needed to be reminded it still has a long way to go and needs to return to basics.

#85 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:34

Kane didnt suit the formation. Absolutely no link up play between him an Moura.... we should just stick to our normal 4-2-3-1.why try and divert away from something all our players are used to! there was no need for 2 up front. Poch trys to be too clever sometimes IMO. Sad thing is we were very close as teams last season but you can now see the difference in levels. They've strenghtened and we've stood still

#86 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:43

View PostMattaoz87, on 17 September 2018 - 11:34, said:

Kane didnt suit the formation. Absolutely no link up play between him an Moura.... which should just stick to our normal 4-2-3-1.why try and divert away from something all our players are used to! there was no need for 2 up front. Poch trys to be too clever sometimes IMO. Sad thing is we were very close as teams last season but you can now see the difference in levels. They've strenghtened and we've stood still

Very good point. didnít we buy Moura as a winger to give us width and speed out wide. Heís not a striker.Gives weight to my claim that Pochard is trying too many formations.

#87 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2018 - 15:11

View PostParklaner, on 15 September 2018 - 14:20, said:

IMO the next few games should be built around moura son lamela
We need to freshen it up & we need Sanchez back in the side to help at defending set pieces !

Any chance we could get karius on loan ? Vorm was dreadful today & always gets swallowed up at balls into the box & imo 3 of the last 4 goals conceded wouldnít of been with Hugo in goal ! In no way is that excusing the lacklustre performances of late but we are in trouble until Hugo is back imo

Defo pen on sonny but ref had shocking view & would of been daylight robbery
Tough times ahead in the near future I think we will take a good 3-4 games to play ourselves into form
Worrying about the here & now because performance level is nowhere near where it needs to be to get up the league & stand a chance of lighting up our champions league group

Totally agree....freshen up with Lamela and Son.

#88 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 17 September 2018 - 16:57

View Postgriff, on 17 September 2018 - 11:43, said:

Very good point. didnít we buy Moura as a winger to give us width and speed out wide. Heís not a striker.Gives weight to my claim that Pochard is trying too many formations.

I feel if Sonny had been here and fresh we'd have seen Lucas as a winger on opposite side to Sonny... Lamela injury came at a bad time too. We've shown before 1 winger doesn't work so I understand why Poch went for a sort of 4-3-3 / 4-2-1-2 formation... Unfortunately Eriksen and Kane haven't suited their role adjustments at all and too many of our other players form has been poor (Dembele, Rose/Davies, Dier & etc.).

If Kane can adapt to being in a 2 striker system then he and Lucas with 3 of Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Dele behind them could be absolutely devastating. If not, 2 of Lamela, Lucas, Sonny either side of him, or all 3 of them instead of him can also be deadly.

We've not been good enough but the potential of our attack is great. It's Poch's job to coach the players into the system, or find a system that brings the best out of them. It might not happen straight away, but I'm still confident we'll make top 4.

#89 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 September 2018 - 18:07

View Posttomtom, on 17 September 2018 - 16:57, said:

I feel if Sonny had been here and fresh we'd have seen Lucas as a winger on opposite side to Sonny... Lamela injury came at a bad time too. We've shown before 1 winger doesn't work so I understand why Poch went for a sort of 4-3-3 / 4-2-1-2 formation... Unfortunately Eriksen and Kane haven't suited their role adjustments at all and too many of our other players form has been poor (Dembele, Rose/Davies, Dier & etc.).

If Kane can adapt to being in a 2 striker system then he and Lucas with 3 of Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Dele behind them could be absolutely devastating. If not, 2 of Lamela, Lucas, Sonny either side of him, or all 3 of them instead of him can also be deadly.

We've not been good enough but the potential of our attack is great. It's Poch's job to coach the players into the system, or find a system that brings the best out of them. It might not happen straight away, but I'm still confident we'll make top 4.

Could easily play Lucas and Lamela on the wings.

#90 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2018 - 20:23

View Posttomtom, on 17 September 2018 - 16:57, said:

We have to play to Kane’s strengths and he just looks uncomfortable in that front 2. Poch has to manage the squad….we won’t fit all of those players in without being completely bullied in midfield. Might work against the weaker teams. When son plays, the link up play with him Eriksen and Kane is devastating …..praying he starts tomorrow

#91 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 17 September 2018 - 20:37

View Postgriff, on 17 September 2018 - 18:07, said:

Could easily play Lucas and Lamela on the wings.

We could to an extent. They both prefer the right traditionally though and Lamela is better when he drifts centrally.

#92 User is offline   Heisenberg 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2018 - 00:05

Poch has been great for Spurs and I remakn loyal to him but it has to be said he had a tactical stinker on Saturday against Liverpool.

When a manager gets stubborn (let's call it the Wengers) it worries me. And yet despite everybody knowing how Liverpool play with their high press and blitzkrieg counter attacking football he insists on defending with a high line and pushing his full backs high up the pitch. Poor Toby and Verts needed horses and a polo stick to cover the ground in front of them effectively. He played into Klopp"s hands. My worry with Poch is that sometimes like Saturday we keep the ball well without creating much and so it all looks pretty but toothless. But let's not panic. Watford and Liverpool two really tough games. Easier matches await.

#93 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:34

View PostHeisenberg, on 18 September 2018 - 00:05, said:

Poch has been great for Spurs and I remakn loyal to him but it has to be said he had a tactical stinker on Saturday against Liverpool.

When a manager gets stubborn (let's call it the Wengers) it worries me. And yet despite everybody knowing how Liverpool play with their high press and blitzkrieg counter attacking football he insists on defending with a high line and pushing his full backs high up the pitch. Poor Toby and Verts needed horses and a polo stick to cover the ground in front of them effectively. He played into Klopp"s hands. My worry with Poch is that sometimes like Saturday we keep the ball well without creating much and so it all looks pretty but toothless. But let's not panic. Watford and Liverpool two really tough games. Easier matches await.

Couldnít agree more! Frustrating to have to criticise Poch because of all the great things his done/doing but his naivety shows through sometimes.

#94 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:47

View Posttomtom, on 17 September 2018 - 20:37, said:

We could to an extent. They both prefer the right traditionally though and Lamela is better when he drifts centrally.

Moura would serve us better as a left winger as opposed to a striker though,surely?

#95 User is offline   nadia 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2018 - 13:18

im hearing that trippier and aldieworld had a punch up after the game which is why they never traveled to italy

#96 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 16:39

View Postnadia, on 19 September 2018 - 13:18, said:

im hearing that trippier and aldieworld had a punch up after the game which is why they never traveled to italy

Have heard the same rumour and also heard said rumour is nonsense from someone else.

#97 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2018 - 17:00

View Postnadia, on 19 September 2018 - 13:18, said:

Would explain why they never travelled , also players having fisticuffs is probably more common than we are aware of and sometimes not necessarily a bad thing.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users