• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tiredness

#1 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 09 September 2018 - 07:39

I know we have played four and won three games.Three of the games have been away and we had a great win at Man Utd. However, too many of our players are not functioning at their best.
Ben Davies has not been great ,canít blame that on the World Cup. Dembele was very good against United but very poor against Watford. Surely Poch must realise that after a World Cup he definitely cannot play two games a week. With Winks coming back gradually after a bad injury it makes even less sense why we did not get someone in during the window. We were linked with so many, Rabiot,Diawara,Ndombele,Lemima,Kovacic. Any one of those would have been great additions. Eriksen is in one of those early season doldrums which he is noted for. Dele is still not the player he was two years ago. Kane is the biggest worry.OK he has finally broken the August dry spell hoodoo but he is poor at the moment. Last night for England he was poor. I noticed one time when helping the defence he held out an arm to stop a Spanish player, but didnít actually move. Too much football, about time everyone at the club including Harry himself realised that he cannot and should not play every game.. Son will be back next week,letís hope he is not exhausted. Dier also, has not pushed,on since the Leicester year.As for the others, Some need to be given a chance now.

#2 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:27

Just had a World Cup and now we have these absolutely meaningless and pointless international,games. Donít the powers that be realise that if players are overused they are more.prone to injury.
Also, look at someone like Luke Shaw, hardly,over used but injured last night. What for?

#3 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 09 September 2018 - 12:31

I saw Kane play last night , he looked really tired and a yard slower which is a worry, as the match went on , his movement was non existent, the worry for me is our national team and our club side are over reliant on him. It is not a coincidence that Eriksen, Alli, Dembele and Diers form have been also been shaky since the start of the season, our world cup heroics could now have a effect on our clubs season, the next few months should tell us that.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users