Inter Milan

#81 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:30

View PostParklaner, on 18 September 2018 - 20:17, said:

It’s not “bottle jobs” just a comment that gets banded around
It’s panic due to lack of confidence & the fear of it happening whilst it’s actually happening!
Hard to disagree on poch, he’s looked frustrated ever since the summer & ive noticed a clear change in him during interviews even when we were winning our first 3,
Things aren’t right behind the scenes I think that’s pretty obvious for all to see

what is a bottle job in your opinion?

#82 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:01

Vorm had no chance with either of the goals . Thought he was solid. So was aurier .

What an awful substitution by bringing winks on . Madness .

We can’t keep saying that this is a project anymore or a philosophy or building etc etc . Poch’s 5th season now . Feel sorry for him regarding signings , stadium etc, but to still be making these tactical errors is ridiculous .

I’m just praying this is just a bad storm that will pass and we will click into gear . But there is no way we are qualifying from this group , no way . It’s the Europa for us . Then back to Sunday football for the pl.

Incardi,s goal was superb . Very good player . Maybe someone should have signed him 😉.

#83 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:34

View PostSpurs scout, on 19 September 2018 - 06:30, said:

what is a bottle job in your opinion?

When the occasion becomes too big for players to handle & they crack from the pressure is a good starting point & clearly that was not the case last night

We are simply a side bang out of form with huge off field issues/distractions that are having a glaringly obvious negative effect on confidence & a manager struggling to find a quick solution & a settled 11 ,

You won’t see a bigger knockout blow In the AJ fight than that equaliser last night it literally flattened us

#84 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:21

Many believe that the substitution of Lamela with Winks was poor,as it probably was.
However,for me, it was the substitution of Kane with Rose coming on that puzzled me.

With the clock running down this substitution was clearly make sure we kept the score at 1-1. The right move....yes.The right player coming on....no.
One,of,our weaknesses this season has been from set plays, corners one big concern. When a corner is taken Kane ,at over 6’ always takes up his defensive position. He is replaced by Rose ,standing at what,about 5’6”.Absolute madness! Why on earth did he not bring on Wanyama?
We had this game won but nothing could have stopped that first goal. Correct me,if I’m wrong but was it Moura who,lost,position before the second goal, these things happen.

Main positives from most of the game...Eriksen regaining form, don’t play him too deep,again. Aurier has improved a lot, big hopes for him. Moura has now got to be a first choice starter,
Vorm looked much better last night,good solid game.
However,big changes have to be made ,especially in central midfield.We need two new players here,minimum. Both Dier and Dembele have to go.We need top ball winners but players who can provide attacking thrust. Dembele,for,all,his skills, winning the ball,retaining the ball, dribbling but he does end up passing backwards or sideways. Dier,with a different skill set,offers very little from this position. Wanyama and Winks plus two others would be my big hope.
A striker to challenge Kane not just be a bench player is essential. Possibly replace Lamela with an upgrade? As far as I am concerned both left backs can go!
Sort out the Alderweireld situation.

#85 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:07

View PostSpursDan, on 18 September 2018 - 19:02, said:

Isn’t the end of the world?! Are you kidding me?! That’s 3 defeats in a row, 2 of them from winning positions!!

We were 1 nil up ...we have FIVE MINUTES to hold on ....absolutely LIVID!

This is the worse form we’ve had since Poch took over IMO

Yes, unfortunately, I totally agree. All the pundits (such as Shearer and Wright)are going to say we're paying the penalty by standing still when the other teams strengthened.

Frankly, I can't work out what's going on. He replaced Toby and Tripps with Aurier and Sanchez and they both seemed to play well but we still LOST!!!!
Lucas seems a class addition and is fast and tricky and did well when he came on but we still lost.

Kane looks off the boil, but then we're not carving out much for him. I don't know what is bloody up with Dier because he seems like a mistake waiting to happen.
This is a very TESTING time for Poch and he needs to do something rather than telling the media that we need to work harder in training.

Why doesn't Vorm ( and also Lloris) kick the bloody ball out more rather than messing about tippy tapping it to the full backs? If we play this tippy tappy game against Barcelona they are going to roast us. Where is the team that held mighty RM to a draw and then beat them at Wembley???

I can't believe these are the same players. We all know we should have beaten Watford and Inter, and I agree with posters on here who say they didn't rate Inter that much. We're going to face MUCH better teams than them. I tend to agree with Parlaners post: 'We are simply a side bang out of form with huge off field issues/distractions that are having a glaringly obvious negative effect on confidence & a manager struggling to find a quick solution & a settled 11.'

#86 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:11

View Postgriff, on 19 September 2018 - 08:21, said:

Many believe that the substitution of Lamela with Winks was poor,as it probably was.
However,for me, it was the substitution of Kane with Rose coming on that puzzled me.

With the clock running down this substitution was clearly make sure we kept the score at 1-1. The right move....yes.The right player coming on....no.
One,of,our weaknesses this season has been from set plays, corners one big concern. When a corner is taken Kane ,at over 6’ always takes up his defensive position. He is replaced by Rose ,standing at what,about 5’6”.Absolute madness! Why on earth did he not bring on Wanyama?
We had this game won but nothing could have stopped that first goal. Correct me,if I’m wrong but was it Moura who,lost,position before the second goal, these things happen.

Main positives from most of the game...Eriksen regaining form, don’t play him too deep,again. Aurier has improved a lot, big hopes for him. Moura has now got to be a first choice starter,
Vorm looked much better last night,good solid game.
However,big changes have to be made ,especially in central midfield.We need two new players here,minimum. Both Dier and Dembele have to go.We need top ball winners but players who can provide attacking thrust. Dembele,for,all,his skills, winning the ball,retaining the ball, dribbling but he does end up passing backwards or sideways. Dier,with a different skill set,offers very little from this position. Wanyama and Winks plus two others would be my big hope.
A striker to challenge Kane not just be a bench player is essential. Possibly replace Lamela with an upgrade? As far as I am concerned both left backs can go!
Sort out the Alderweireld situation.

Ben Davies was not having the best of nights and he did not offer anything in attack , so you can see why Poch brought on Rose, you can not blame Poch for Winks because his job was to keep postion and cover, he did not do very well and allowed crosses coming in. I thought taking off kane allowed Inter to pin us becase we had no get out ball and Dembele and Dier legs had gone.

George Graham had a pop at Poch, he thought not learning his lessons from losing goals from set pieces is costing our team, he blamed the strange decision of taking off Kane who was holding the ball up and defending set pieces and not replacing him with someone that did that job was strange. He said all the late subsitions did was allowed intense pressure on our backfour. He also said he should of had some like Wanyama come on in games because Dembele fades late in games and needed someone to take the work load off him.

#87 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:35

View PostParklaner, on 19 September 2018 - 07:34, said:

When the occasion becomes too big for players to handle & they crack from the pressure is a good starting point & clearly that was not the case last night

We are simply a side bang out of form with huge off field issues/distractions that are having a glaringly obvious negative effect on confidence & a manager struggling to find a quick solution & a settled 11 ,

You won’t see a bigger knockout blow In the AJ fight than that equaliser last night it literally flattened us

I don't like the idea of us losing goals in quick succession,I don't blame the equaliser that was a freak goal but to not defend properly by little pressure that to me is bottling it. I don't get why no one is having a go at Poch, his subsitions played into inters hands .

#88 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 14:42

View PostSpurs scout, on 19 September 2018 - 12:35, said:

I don't like the idea of us losing goals in quick succession,I don't blame the equaliser that was a freak goal but to not defend properly by little pressure that to me is bottling it. I don't get why no one is having a go at Poch, his subsitions played into inters hands .

His substitutions were terrible I agree 100% on that

But I can’t be part of a site where there’s a legitimate thread with the heading “poch need to go”

Laughable & down right disrespectful to everything we’ve been trying to build towards over last few seasons
Ironic that he’s shown more loyalty to this club than some “supporters” yet unfortunately we’re stuck with these “supporters” for good
:wave:

#89 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 15:00

View PostParklaner, on 19 September 2018 - 14:42, said:

But I can’t be part of a site where there’s a legitimate thread with the heading “poch need to go”

Laughable & down right disrespectful to everything we’ve been trying to build towards over last few seasons
Ironic that he’s shown more loyalty to this club than some “supporters” yet unfortunately we’re stuck with these “supporters” for good

it was started by Roshan. He would probably reckon Poch should be sacked if we draw away against a CL winner so I wouldn't take much notice of him.

I think it's fair questions are being asked of the manager as we've hit the worst form of his tenure. Sacking is obviously too far, but he needs to fix some things and quickly. Most importantly, our set piece defending.

#90 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 15:00

Also - I don't blame Vorm for the first goal but he doesn't command his box well enough, especially in set pieces.

#91 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 15:20

View PostParklaner, on 19 September 2018 - 14:42, said:

It was only one person mate . We all agree with you

#92 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 16:03

seen loads of people say we won't make it out of this CL group. Anyone fancy a flutter on it?

#93 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2018 - 16:34

View PostParklaner, on 19 September 2018 - 07:34, said:

The bottle jobs part comes from not being able to deal with the equalizer. That’s football! It’s how you deal with it that counts. Yea, obviously a s*** time in the game to concede but the way we crumbled was pathetic. To no be able to handle the pressure and hang on……bottle jobs

#94 User is offline   dieselspurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2018 - 17:09

View Posttomtom, on 19 September 2018 - 16:03, said:

seen loads of people say we won't make it out of this CL group. Anyone fancy a flutter on it?

Sadly not mate as I think we'll make it out.

#95 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 19 September 2018 - 17:59

View PostSpurs scout, on 19 September 2018 - 12:11, said:

Ben Davies was not having the best of nights and he did not offer anything in attack , so you can see why Poch brought on Rose, you can not blame Poch for Winks because his job was to keep postion and cover, he did not do very well and allowed crosses coming in. I thought taking off kane allowed Inter to pin us becase we had no get out ball and Dembele and Dier legs had gone.

George Graham had a pop at Poch, he thought not learning his lessons from losing goals from set pieces is costing our team, he blamed the strange decision of taking off Kane who was holding the ball up and defending set pieces and not replacing him with someone that did that job was strange. He said all the late subsitions did was allowed intense pressure on our backfour. He also said he should of had some like Wanyama come on in games because Dembele fades late in games and needed someone to take the work load off him.

He didn’t bring Rose on to replace Daviesthough

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users