• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Carabao cup Vs Watford

#1 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:12

I know we need silverware but this competition is a bit of a joke and we need to rest players badly and have others who need minutes. My team

-------------- Gazza -----
KWP --- Sanchez --- Foyth --- Davies
------- Skipp --- Wanyama ------
Lamela ------ Dele ---- N'Koudou
---------- Llorente ------

Amos for Wanyama on 60 mins. Maybe Winks for Dele. Lucas for Lamela.

Rest Son, Dier, Dembele and Kane completely so they're fresher for Huddersfield.

#2 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 23 September 2018 - 13:41

View Posttomtom, on 23 September 2018 - 12:12, said:

I know we need silverware but this competition is a bit of a joke and we need to rest players badly and have others who need minutes. My team

Rest Son, Dier, Dembele and Kane completely so they're fresher for Huddersfield.

Yeh spot on really ... although Iíd go slightly stronger

Gazza
Aurier Sanchez Foyth Davies
Winks Wanyama
Lamela Alli Moura
Llorente

If going well Moura + Alli rested on the hour mark

#3 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 14:29

Been on this forum a few years now . I know itís not popular , and Iím repeating myself again at this point every season

We stand 2 chances of winning a trophy this season . Thatís this cup and the fa cup . We havenít won anything in years . We are considered a joke for not winning anything by the other top 6 clubs .

And yet we have supporters who are willing to write off this competition immediately . And half our chance of winning a trophy by fielding a week side .

Didnít exactly go to plan last year did it, ?

But playing in the cl is all that matters . I just need to write this out loud just so it makes sense to me . Just so I can get it right .

We throw away a chance to win a trophy , to try and qualify to play in a competition we have no chance of winning , to then play in that , go out again. Then repeat .

We havenít won anything in years

This game has disappeared up its own arse . Madness .

#4 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 14:41

View Poststokesie, on 23 September 2018 - 14:29, said:

Been on this forum a few years now . I know itís not popular , and Iím repeating myself again at this point every season

We stand 2 chances of winning a trophy this season . Thatís this cup and the fa cup . We havenít won anything in years . We are considered a joke for not winning anything by the other top 6 clubs .

And yet we have supporters who are willing to write off this competition immediately . And half our chance of winning a trophy by fielding a week side .

But playing in the cl is all that matters . I just need to write this out loud just so it makes sense to me . Just so I can get it right .

We throw away a chance to win a trophy , to try and qualify to play in a competition we have no chance of winning , to then play in that , go out again. Then repeat . We arnt even gonna get out the group this season . And yet we are risking throwing away opportunities to win a trophy to try and qualify for it next season .
We havenít won anything in years either .

I just give up with modern day football

#5 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 23 September 2018 - 14:56

Simply put, top 4 is more important than this cup. We didn't write that in the rule book, it's just how it is.

I'd wager Watford don't go full strength either.

Tom, I'd keep Sanchez out and play him against Depoitre in the Huddersfield game, just feel Alderwierald won't fancy it against him or Deeney at present.

#6 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 15:14

We throw away a chance to win a trophy , to try and qualify to play in a competition we have no chance of winning , to then play in that , go out again. Then repeat .

We havenít won anything in years

Couldnít agree more. We have become deluded and some fans think we can mount a serious challenge for the league or win the CL when we havenít won a thing since 2008. This cup is far from glamorous but when the likes of city or Chelsea or others have won it I see nothing but smiles and celebrations.

However, it comes down to the number of games we play a season and resting key players. I would try and take this as seriously as possible. I feel like we have a good enough squad that we can rotate effectively.

My team would be:

Gazzaniga

Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Davies

Wanyama Winks

Son Alli Lamela

Llorente

#7 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 15:24

View PostChrisPienaar, on 23 September 2018 - 15:14, said:

Couldnít agree more. We have become deluded and some fans think we can mount a serious challenge for the league or win the CL when we havenít won a thing since 2008. This cup is far from glamorous but when the likes of city or Chelsea or others have won it I see nothing but smiles and celebrations.

However, it comes down to the number of games we play a season and resting key players. I would try and take this as seriously as possible. I feel like we have a good enough squad that we can rotate effectively.

My team would be:

Gazzaniga

Wanyama Winks

Son Alli Lamela

Llorente

Actually, you could agree more, Stoksie wants full strength. :grinny:

#8 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 15:32

Right now our full strength isn't full strength. In fact some of those players will probably make a better showing than our supposed first XI.

As said, Watford will be rotating. Putting out a currently knackered supposed first XI against their kids will make us the real joke.

#9 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 17:35

View Posttomtom, on 23 September 2018 - 12:12, said:

I thought N'koudou is out on loan.

#10 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 23 September 2018 - 17:41

View PostChrisPienaar, on 23 September 2018 - 15:14, said:

My team would be:

Gazzaniga

Wanyama Winks

Son Alli Lamela

Llorente

Stokesie should not worry :grinny: our squad is not strong enough to go deep in competitions anyway, if they do happen to reach a semi final they will blow up.

#11 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:43

I just wondered if anybody was actually going to go to this game.

What a ludicrous idea to expect fans to travel 50 miles up the M1 on a mid-week evening to watch pretty much what will be our second string play their second string

If the crowd exceeds ten thousand, I will be amazed.

#12 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:11

I live in Milton Keynes so Iím going lol

#13 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:52

View PostSpursDan, on 24 September 2018 - 06:11, said:

I live in Milton Keynes so Iím going lol

yeah I was going to say, a lot of our fans seem to live North of London. I've seen a lot of people on social media say it's more convenient for them than Wembley... but I'd imagine it'll be a very different set of supporters to who go to our usual homes games. Particularly when you add certain fans, including the THST, are refusing to go due to their feelings about MK Dons relocation from Wimbledon against the fanbases wishes.

#14 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:05

View Posttomtom, on 24 September 2018 - 10:52, said:

yeah I was going to say, a lot of our fans seem to live North of London. I've seen a lot of people on social media say it's more convenient for them than Wembley... but I'd imagine it'll be a very different set of supporters to who go to our usual homes games. Particularly when you add certain fans, including the THST, are refusing to go due to their feelings about MK Dons relocation from Wimbledon against the fanbases wishes.

I went to Plough Lane, it was worse than they said, their chairman should have built a stadium instead of chasing glory :wink:

#15 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:11

Watford are 7/1 for this :shock:

#16 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 25 September 2018 - 13:12

View PostYidio Yidio, on 25 September 2018 - 10:11, said:

Watford are 7/1 for this :shock:

How?? :wtf:

#17 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:07

Been on this forum a few years now . I know it’s not popular , and I’m repeating myself again at this point every season

We stand 2 chances of winning a trophy this season . That’s this cup and the fa cup . We haven’t won anything in years . We are considered a joke for not winning anything by the other top 6 clubs .

Didn’t exactly go to plan last year did it, ?

We haven’t won anything in years

lol you can not go full strength on every competition you enter in because it is not long ago pundits were saying our team looks tired and some players like Kane are overused , Watford is going to put a scratch team out and so are we, I believe our squad is a little stronger than what some pundits believe. The bits that make me laugh is when they say we only have up to 14 good players and the rest is not up to standard :grinny:, It is obvious we lack a decent replacement for Kane but saying the other players are not good enough is a little bit like they are referring to our club as small club dig.

#18 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:21

Iím not saying field a strong Side for every game . Why not a strong side tonight and weaken it for Saturday. ?

As I said we need to pick our battles . Not gonna challenge for the league , lets get a trophy .

#19 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:08

Because top 4 is our priority, you might not like that, but the world and his dog know it. Therefore this comp will be a chance for the likes of Foyth to get some game time. I'm looking forward to seeing him play because I rate his potential highly. His passing game is entertainment to me, and if he's on it, I'll enjoy the match.

3pts against Huddersfield is more important, it's unambitious to lower your sights to the Carrabunga get me out of here cup. :cheers:

#20 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:43

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 September 2018 - 10:08, said:

Because top 4 is our priority, you might not like that, but the world and his dog know it. Therefore this comp will be a chance for the likes of Foyth to get some game time. I'm looking forward to seeing him play because I rate his potential highly. His passing game is entertainment to me, and if he's on it, I'll enjoy the match.

3pts against Huddersfield is more important, it's unambitious to lower your sights to the Carrabunga get me out of here cup. :cheers:

Itís unambitious to want to win a trophy ? ........?? Ok

To me tonight Is more important, because it gives us the chance to win something . Celebrate something . Talked about in ten years time . Eg do you remember when we win that final etc . When the players have a reunion in 25 years time , they will talk about it . More importantly we get to win something .

What does beating Huddersfield on Saturday achieve ? Nothing . A chance to qualify for a competition we have no help in h*ll of Winning.

Donít get me wrong I know itís the way of the world in the modern game now . But I donít have to subscribe to it and I never will

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users