• You cannot reply to this topic

Carabao cup Vs Watford

#21 User is online   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:44

View Poststokesie, on 26 September 2018 - 09:21, said:

I’m not saying field a strong Side for every game . Why not a strong side tonight and weaken it for Saturday. ?

As I said we need to pick our battles . Not gonna challenge for the league , lets get a trophy .

For the future of improving as a club winning a cup is not going to keep hold of your best players as we found out with Keane and Berbertov, Top players move because they want champions league together with winning things. If we never got Champions league I don't think the likes of Eriksen, Lloris and Kane would still be at our club because if we had not been playing champions league the other top five teams in our league would of taken our best players by now. I don't like it but that is the reality of football now, top players want champions league football.

#22 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:50

View PostSpurs scout, on 26 September 2018 - 10:44, said:

So you would rather us get relegated to see a trophy :grinny:

But we arnt going to get relegated are we ? Just like we arnt going to win the cl or the premier league . Itís not gonna happen is it

#23 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:58

View PostSpurs scout, on 26 September 2018 - 10:44, said:

For the future of improving as a club winning a cup is not going to keep hold of your best players as we found out with Keane and Berbertov, Top players move because they want champions league together with winning things. If we never got Champions league I don't think the likes of Eriksen, Lloris and Kane would still be at our club because if we had not been playing champions league the other top five teams in our league would of taken our best players by now.

It doesnít guarantee keeping them either does it ? And in our case it certainly doesnít mean purchasing them , with the w***ers that are in charge .
Players will play for who ever offers them more money . Chelsea are in the europa , hazard stayed . Why was that do you reckon ? ££££££. Thatís why .

Does being in the cl make your season ticket cheaper, ? Your beer cheaper ? Hotdogs ? Burgers ? No is the answer

#24 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:16

View Poststokesie, on 26 September 2018 - 10:43, said:

Itís unambitious to want to win a trophy ? ........?? Ok

To me tonight Is more important, because it gives us the chance to win something . Celebrate something . Talked about in ten years time . Eg do you remember when we win that final etc . When the players have a reunion in 25 years time , they will talk about it . More importantly we get to win something .

What does beating Huddersfield on Saturday achieve ? Nothing . A chance to qualify for a competition we have no help in h*ll of Winning.

Donít get me wrong I know itís the way of the world in the modern game now . But I donít have to subscribe to it and I never will

No you don't have to subscribe to anything, but the continued complaint and apparent annoyance knowing the team will be rotated is a strange one to have a fully signed up membership for.

If turning your back on the big prizes isn't unambitious then lets do this properly and drop down the leagues and go for the FA Vase, I feel sure we'd do well in that comp.

As for memories, well, playing the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Milan in stadiums well known throughout the world beats turning up at MK Dons for a reserve match with Watford with the slim hope of actually beating one of the big clubs in this country at the end of it all or getting lucky and pulling Wigan out the hat for that memorable final that may or may not happen.

#25 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:27

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 September 2018 - 11:16, said:

No you don't have to subscribe to anything, but the continued complaint and apparent annoyance knowing the team will be rotated is a strange one to have a fully signed up membership for.

If turning your back on the big prizes isn't unambitious then lets do this properly and drop down the leagues and go for the FA Vase, I feel sure we'd do well in that comp.

As for memories, well, playing the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Milan in stadiums well known throughout the world beats turning up at MK Dons for a reserve match with Watford with the slim hope of actually beating one of the big clubs in this country at the end of it all or getting lucky and pulling Wigan out the hat for that memorable final that may or may not happen.

Turning our back on the big prize ? You are talking about the pl and the cl, I take it ?

Get real mate , there is no big prize this season . Iím not talking about forever , Iím talking about the here and now .
We are not going to win the cl . That is a fact , itís not being defeatest, itís not being miserable . Its being realistic . Itís a stone , cold hard fact . We are not good enough .

As far as the pl goes , without investment that is the same . Iím not saying give up on it , Iím saying just for this season , put it in the back burner and win a trophy.

Utd are out. Liverpool plY Chelsea. Itís a great chance for us . Anyway Iím not gonna keep going on , I know Iím in a small minority by what Iím saying is falling on deaf ears . Or Iím just behind with the times and Iím falling out of love with the game as each season goes on . But anyone who thinks that doing this is good for the game is nuts. Bring on the European super league ASAP, then maybe some normality and sanity can be restored .

Anyway thatís me done on this subject . Hope we can get a win tonight no matter what we field. Gonna be tough . Good outfit Watford are

#26 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:45

View Poststokesie, on 26 September 2018 - 11:27, said:

Turning our back on the big prize ? You are talking about the pl and the cl, I take it ?

Get real mate , there is no big prize this season . Iím not talking about forever , Iím talking about the here and now .
We are not going to win the cl . That is a fact , itís not being defeatest, itís not being miserable . Its being realistic . Itís a stone , cold hard fact . We are not good enough .

As far as the pl goes , without investment that is the same . Iím not saying give up on it , Iím saying just for this season , put it in the back burner and win a trophy.

Utd are out. Liverpool plY Chelsea. Itís a great chance for us . Anyway Iím not gonna keep going on , I know Iím in a small minority by what Iím saying is falling on deaf ears . Or Iím just behind with the times and Iím falling out of love with the game as each season goes on . But anyone who thinks that doing this is good for the game is nuts. Bring on the European super league ASAP, then maybe some normality and sanity can be restored .

Anyway thatís me done on this subject . Hope we can get a win tonight no matter what we field. Gonna be tough . Good outfit Watford are

You just don't make sense I'm afraid, if this happens and we get to play in the final hopefully against someone worth beating (at the risk of losing) I'll get on board like everyone else. In the meantime I'm more interested in us going to Barcelona for a kick about.

Obviously I don't share the same feelings towards MK Dons marvellous theatre of fudge. :niceone:

#27 User is online   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 15:58

View Poststokesie, on 23 September 2018 - 14:29, said:

Been on this forum a few years now . I know itís not popular , and Iím repeating myself again at this point every season

We stand 2 chances of winning a trophy this season . Thatís this cup and the fa cup . We havenít won anything in years . We are considered a joke for not winning anything by the other top 6 clubs .

And yet we have supporters who are willing to write off this competition immediately . And half our chance of winning a trophy by fielding a week side .

Didnít exactly go to plan last year did it, ?

But playing in the cl is all that matters . I just need to write this out loud just so it makes sense to me . Just so I can get it right .

We throw away a chance to win a trophy , to try and qualify to play in a competition we have no chance of winning , to then play in that , go out again. Then repeat .

We havenít won anything in years

This game has disappeared up its own arse . Madness .

Well we have to start somewhere and although everyone diss's this comp its usually a big club who win it.

I agree with stokes here because we are always also rans in all other comps but of course it is the taking part isnt it ? lol.

Lets start by winning small before we start thinking about the prem and cl.

I once asked a spammer why they hated us so much and he replied " its because you think you are a big club " " but you aint no better than we are "

Hmmmmm ! although the prem and cl is where the dosh is it makes no difference to us because it wont be invested in better players anyway.

I make stokesie right to take this cup seriously.

Anyway team prediction is Gazza, Trips,Sanchez,Toby,Rose,Winks, Wanyama,Son,Dele,Lamela ,Llorente.

Would be good to see N,Koudou among the subs

#28 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 September 2018 - 17:10

with Utd out, Liverpool and Chelsea playing each other, it does seem like a good opportunity if we progress. I have happy memories of the last time we won this comp, although tbh, happier memories of our CL run under Redknapp.

Don't get me wrong. I know we need a trophy, but to get one beating mostly 2nd string sides of lower rated clubs wouldn't stop other clubs laughing at us. I promise you Stokesie, no one really values the league cup any more. Look at Arsenal, they won the FA Cup 3 times in 5 years and everyone still made fun of them for not getting top 4. Football banter is all about any excuse, at the moment they use the "no trophies" line, win this and it'll be "can't win the league" or "Kane can't get golden boots without penalties" or something puerile nonsense.

I also don't think the players would look back on this period with fondness if they just got a league cup out of it, they will just be filled with regret about not bridging the gap from 2nd/3rd to 1st in the league, or progressing further in the CL.

I want Poch to field a strong enough team to progress whilst resting several first team players, I'm confident he'll do this. It's then down to the players to deliver a performance. I'm excited to see a few 2nd string players come in and make a statement for why they should be considered for more appearances.

#29 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 18:29

Really strong starting XI. I hoped to see Foyth starting, shame he's only on the bench.

#30 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 18:46

Shame, not sure when we'll see KWP or Foyth this season. I suppose Watford are a bit physical for the youngsters. No injuries would be good.

#31 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 18:53

Watford have gone with a very weakened team. Deeney not even in squad. I hope we donít waste the opportunity to do well in this competition as it would be great to have some silverware. Hoddle was talking the other day about how this cup could be a step towards more success. Once the players taste success it will motivate them to want to win more and I agree.
Man U are already out and one of Liverpool or Chelsea will be out by the end of the night. Letís give this a go! COYS

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 19:45

Utterly boring so far, not sure the no replay set up is helping this comp. No extra time and straight to pens is making for tight matches.

#33 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 19:48

45 mins . Not even a shot on target . Boring sideways , slow , recycled football. Avb would be proud .

Against a weakened Watford side aswell . Pathetic

#34 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:15

What a shame...
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#35 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:16

Poch playing a team without a Striker.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#36 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:22

Interesting that llorente is being avoided at all costs? What did we keep him for...

#37 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:26

View PostChrisPienaar, on 25 September 2018 - 13:12, said:

How?? :wtf:

Dunno, did set a 10Ä on Watford. Makes the loose a little less painful..

#38 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:28

This is the only Cup Spurs could have won but it seems they are blowing there chances up.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#39 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:35

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 26 September 2018 - 20:26, said:

Dunno, did set a 10Ä on Watford. Makes the loose a little less painful..

Massive price, had to be done :niceone:

#40 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:41

View PostYidio Yidio, on 26 September 2018 - 20:35, said:

Massive price, had to be done :niceone:

And I always seem to loose, so it might be good for us :grinny:

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic