• Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:49

Fcuk me I'm starting to lose interest in this team

#43 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 20:53

Iíve made so much money from this game. Bet on Watford and cashed out before we equalized and when we went ahead bet on a draw. This team is far from inspiring, canít hold a result to save our lives at the moment it seems.

#44 User is offline   Flying_Dutchman 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:02

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 26 September 2018 - 20:41, said:

And I always seem to loose, so it might be good for us :grinny:

'Nuff said...

#45 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Trevor Brooking

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:05

View PostFlying_Dutchman, on 26 September 2018 - 21:02, said:

'Nuff said...

Yep, I also backed us when losing 0-1, bloody best defence in the league has long gone.

#46 User is offline   Silver 

• Fringe Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:05

4 points from myself:

1) Would be nice if players and coach could stop talking about learning from mistakes and start actually doing it. No longer than 4 days ago Spurs almost lost 2 goal advantage in stoppage time because of playing too open football towards the end of the game and yet again we're doing exactly the same in the 90th minute tonight. Pathetic to say the least.

2) In current form Aurier should be starting games ahead of Trippier. Hope his injury is not serious one.

3) Gazzaniga looks like the real deal

4) Good to see that our players had the composure to score all 4 penalites (5 including Dele's equaliser)

#47 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:07

Big positive is gazzaniga having a good shoot out, would be madness if he lost his place to vorm now. Think vorm should be 3rd choice from now on.

#48 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:14

View PostChrisPienaar, on 26 September 2018 - 21:07, said:

Big positive is gazzaniga having a good shoot out, would be madness if he lost his place to vorm now. Think vorm should be 3rd choice from now on.

The sad thing is you don't no what is written in Vorms new contract.

#49 User is offline   Stargazer 

• Reserve Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2018 - 21:31

I think we need our new stadium to be completed as soon as possible, something to change the fortunes of Spurs and end this semi drought. What is it about Watford that they are doing to date so well in the table? Is it their new Manager?

#50 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 22:31

View PostSpurs scout, on 26 September 2018 - 21:14, said:

The sad thing is you don't no what is written in Vorms new contract.

Nor do you I'm guessing

#51 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 26 September 2018 - 22:39

Deeney wasn't so much rested as not forced to play through injury. He has 3 broken toes apparently. They rested a few but had some good players, played pretty well. We played poorly for a lot of the game, but still won it. I enjoyed the 2nd half, was confident we'd win the penalty shootout too.

We went fairly strong lineup wise but got some players some minutes who desperately needed some like Wanyama and Winks and gave the likes of Jan, Eriksen and Kane the night off. Win win.

Aurier was very good for the 2nd time in succession. He's looking more like the PSG RB that scared most of Europe before he made homophobic comments about his manager and colleagues. I hope he's turned a corner and can challenge Tripps.

Sissoko even played some nice stuff.

So whilst the performance wasn't great, definitely more positives than negatives. As much as we surrendered another lead, we had the b******s to then win the shootout.

#52 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:33

Very entertaining second half . Lamelas goal was superbly taken.he looks very confident . Thatís three quality goals on the spin from him. A quality penalty aswell. As was all of our penalties . Great to win a shoot out . And we are through . Liverpool are also out which made it a great night . Totally sick of hearing about the name of that Watford player success .

Coming back down to reality . A s*** performance . Shows how weak our squad is . Slow movement of the ball , side ways and boring . No movement off the ball . Truly awful . Reminded me of avb days .
Ben Davies , seriously ?? Starting to think we need a new left back ...,sissoko tried god bless him , but he really is total s***e .
Winks I have to say , nice tidy little player , but no forward passes . That could be because other players movement is so poor . The football we are playing at the minute reminds me is pochís first season . Itís recycled football . Side to side , scared to create something . Once again conceeding late . Freak goal . Keeper had no chance .

For me it shows the squad isnít good enough , team needs to be stronger in the next round or itís goodnight in this competition .

#53 User is online   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:15

View Poststokesie, on 27 September 2018 - 06:33, said:

Very entertaining second half . Lamelas goal was superbly taken.he looks very confident . Thatís three quality goals on the spin from him. A quality penalty aswell. As was all of our penalties . Great to win a shoot out . And we are through . Liverpool are also out which made it a great night . Totally sick of hearing about the name of that Watford player success .

Coming back down to reality . A s*** performance . Shows how weak our squad is . Slow movement of the ball , side ways and boring . No movement off the ball . Truly awful . Reminded me of avb days .
Ben Davies , seriously ?? Starting to think we need a new left back ...,sissoko tried god bless him , but he really is total s***e .
Winks I have to say , nice tidy little player , but no forward passes . That could be because other players movement is so poor . The football we are playing at the minute reminds me is pochís first season . Itís recycled football . Side to side , scared to create something . Once again conceeding late . Freak goal . Keeper had no chance .

For me it shows the squad isnít good enough , team needs to be stronger in the next round or itís goodnight in this competition .

Yep it was a really poor show at times!! And to concede soo late again after we had just turned it around was pretty pathetic tbh - although yeh it as was a freak goal that made it 2-2. I donít know whatís happened to Ben Davies but he looked championship standard last night, heís a player seriously low on confidence at the moment.

A lot of positives though as tomtom said.
-Lamela was superb all night IMO and took his goal really well. For me heís starting to be one of the first names on the team sheet???
-Gazza has surely now secured the no 2 spot? He was awesome - although I thought he may have done slightly better for the Success goal.
- I liked how Alli had the balls to take that pen, he was almost a leader out there at times
- Toby/Aurier/Dembo/Son all had good games and I even thought Llorente put himself about a bit when he came on.
- our penalty shoot out was EXCELLENT
- the MK stadium was nice - but I waited for 35 mins for a beer at the bar at half time?!

#54 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:36

Didnít see the game last night but would like to throw in a few thoughts.
Hope Aurier is not out too long,heís starting to look good this season. It will give Walker-Peters a few games though and in all honesty he is the next young player who deserves some more first team action.I reckon some will say that players like Skipp and Amos should get some action, last night being a possibility.However the thing is that we have a number of players who have to get Ďmatchí fit after injury and they need to be used first. Rose and Lamela were out a long time and have been brought back to good effect. It was important for Winks and Wanyama and to a certain extent Sissoko to get action last night ahead of any younger players.
Certainly hope that if Loris is out for the Huddersfield game that Gazzinga plays ahead of Vorm, much better player and a great bargain or so it seems.

#55 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:42

That was a strong team last night, I think Poch has been feeling the pressure of late and his selection was probably wise against a Waford 11. As much as I don't care to much for it, if we'd gone out last night it would have only given some more fuel to apply the pressure. United will get it instead, Pool won't though.

Glad "Crazy Horse" is winning a few over, he's my favourite. :lmao:

This post has been edited by Yidio Yidio: 27 September 2018 - 07:44

#56 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:51

Wonder if poch will be resting anyone before the Barca game..

#57 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:55

View PostChrisPienaar, on 27 September 2018 - 07:51, said:

Wonder if poch will be resting anyone before the Barca game..

Interesting, firstly it needs to be decided how we're going to play against them. If we go there trying to play our natural game they'll beat us. It's possible to rotate if we're going to sit in and play on the counter.

#58 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:01

View PostYidio Yidio, on 27 September 2018 - 07:55, said:

Interesting, firstly it needs to be decided how we're going to play against them. If we go there trying to play our natural game they'll beat us. It's possible to rotate if we're going to sit in and play on the counter.

They are on a bad run by their standards. Lost to the team that was bottom last night and drew with a mid table team at the weekend. Hopefully their bad form continues... lol

#59 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:13

View PostChrisPienaar, on 27 September 2018 - 08:01, said:

They are on a bad run by their standards. Lost to the team that was bottom last night and drew with a mid table team at the weekend. Hopefully their bad form continues... lol

Unlike ourselves, who are building a nice little run of results and they will be fully aware that we are fast becoming one of the top teams in Europe (at penalty kicks).

#60 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:09

I think Poch will start strongest 11 on weekend, tell them to get it won early and bring Dele and Eriksen/Kane off early for more defensive options if we've got it done.

The beautiful thing now is Sonny, Lamela, Dele and Lucas all being fit and in decent form we can genuinely rotate without dropping quality in that position.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users