• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs Vs Barca

#181 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 12 December 2018 - 00:53

Best performance of the season so far IMHO ....tbh would be nice to get a Porto or something in the next round as we’ve consistently had VERY DIFFICULT draws + group stages for this comp in the last couple of years

#182 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:00

Dele asked Winks who he wanted in next round on an Instagram live and he said "Anyone. We can beat anyone, don't you think?" He was sat with KWP who couldn't stop smiling because we're through.

Amazing team spirit and they all seem so tight knit.

#183 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:26

View Postwillyid82, on 11 December 2018 - 22:23, said:

I'm off to buy some tulips for my dutch mates.

And I'm off to buy a set f false fingernails to replace the ones I have chewed to f**k

What a great great result. Rose & Sissoko were superb

#184 User is offline   Mattaoz87 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:31

Never saw that coming tbh! Unbelievable performance……and Rose is back! He looked so up for it and happy after the game……hopefully we can keep him fit and in good spirits because he is dynamite when his on his game.

#185 User is offline   Hurrikane 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2018 - 08:44

Love it how every other fan that hates us comes out the woodwork and says we only beat a Barca B Squad, if it was their B Squad they would be in the Barcelona B squad...

All players for them last night are squad players at the very minimum and have all featured at some point for them this season there is not one player for them that hasn't played, why don't we turn around and say well, no recognised RB, no established CMs? it works both ways sick of people downgrading us a club and trying to take the shine of our performances. Isn't that the reason you have a 'squad' they hardly replaced a whole 11 and still ended up with bringing Messi and Busquets on.

https://www.skysport...barcelona-squad

Link for anyone that is interested. What a performance I have a spring in my step today absolutely buzzing with the boys so proud today!

#186 User is offline   ArmchairSpurs 

• Spurs Legend
  • Interests:Football, Cricket, Athletics, Rugby Union, film and books, current affairs

Posted 12 December 2018 - 10:00

View Posttomtom, on 12 December 2018 - 01:00, said:

Amazing team spirit and they all seem so tight knit.

I thought exactly the same Tom. I honestly believe that this squad fears no team. Over two legs I'd fancy our chances against any team if we play as we did last night or as we did against the Chavs. We do, however, need to take more of the chances we create.

#187 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 December 2018 - 11:54

View PostArmchairSpurs, on 12 December 2018 - 10:00, said:

I thought exactly the same Tom. I honestly believe that this squad fears no team. Over two legs I'd fancy our chances against any team if we play as we did last night or as we did against the Chavs. We do, however, need to take more of the chances we create.

I love Sonny but I've said before he's not the man for 1 v 1s and should get some help from Kane. Fantastic player and if he'd stayed on may have finally been one but he'd add 5-10 goals a season if he could just learn to finish 1 v 1s consistently.

That said when Kane was through I was celebrating before he hit it. That hand on the back didn't look enough to put him off, never would have expected him to sky it.

Never has a draw felt more like a win.

#188 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 December 2018 - 13:20

Who was the guy who complained about posters in London that stated that the only place in London to see Champions League football was at Our new ground? Bet he’s feeling stupid this morning!

#189 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 12 December 2018 - 14:25

View Postgriff, on 12 December 2018 - 13:20, said:

Who was the guy who complained about posters in London that stated that the only place in London to see Champions League football was at Our new ground? Bet he’s feeling stupid this morning!

Hope that's not directed at me, if so.. read my post again before running your mouth

#190 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 December 2018 - 14:43

it clearly isn't hotsauce - it's directed at the Arsenal fan who complained to the advertising standards agency about our posters on the tube

https://www.standard...m-a3984301.html

#191 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 December 2018 - 15:04

View Posthotsauce, on 12 December 2018 - 14:25, said:

Hope that's not directed at me, if so.. read my post again before running your mouth

No it wasn’t directed at you, don’t know what post you made anyway. It was in the papers. Read the papers before running your mouth
🤐🤐🤐😂😂😂

#192 User is online   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 12 December 2018 - 17:12

So happy, haven’t been able to wipe the smile off my face since yesterday. This is great for morale, financially, to not have to hear more cr@p from other jealous fans.

Imagine being 3rd in the league and still fighting on all fronts half way through December. Now comes a very busy period and hope we can come out of it without too many bruises! COYS!

#193 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 12 December 2018 - 22:49

Need some signing in January for sure.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#194 User is offline   hotsauce 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:28

View Postgriff, on 12 December 2018 - 15:04, said:

No it wasn’t directed at you, don’t know what post you made anyway. It was in the papers. Read the papers before running your mouth
🤐🤐🤐😂😂😂

I think a few of you's boys need to stay away from the papers drive your head mad

#195 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:44

Great to get through although I even if we had dropped down into the europa I wouldn’t have been that upset .

Didn’t manage to see any of the game as I was on flight to Australia . Not gonna be able to see any games for the next 3 months , so gonna be relying on you lot .

#196 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:00

You missed a very good performance Stokesie. We actually dominated, and whilst they rested a few there were still enough big names involved to cause anyone problems. We rode our luck a bit as Coutinho hit the post twice, but Kane could have had a pen and we had 3-4 other big chances we should have scored.

Also Sissoko carried on his redemption. At one point he tackled Messi and drove up the pitch before putting in a great cross we should have scored from.

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users