• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs Vs Barca

#21 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:47

Dembele and Jan both came off as they felt things were tight. Dembele said to a journalist that he was fine, just small knock as he went off - Jan was less optimistic. OGY thinks they both have a shot. I'm sure Poch will reveal today in a press conference.

#22 User is online   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:43

View Postgriff, on 02 October 2018 - 08:05, said:

Sitting here having breakfast ,watching sky Sports News and canít get my mind off the Barcelona game and thinking of all the injury scenarios. Was Dembele taken off at Huddersfield bevause he was injured or to give him a rest as heís played too much lately given his physical,problems? Was Bertonghennyaken off for the same reason, two goals up,,give hi, a break,nurse his knock. After all he played a large part of the first half after the knock and didnít seem troubled.Is Poch just indicating false information to Barcelona and are they doing the same?
If any,of our reportedly injured players actually pass late fitness tests will they break down.No No, that could never happen at Spurs,not with our medical team!!
Well,I am actually feeling very optimistic about Wednesday, that until Mark Hughes comes on screen.Heís such a happy little chap pie.I feel b loody miserable now,thanks to a fellow Welshman.Bet he canít b loody sing either.Perhaps they havenít got any sheep down in Southampton.

They do have sheep in Southampton, but you may have unwittingly answered your own puzzle.

Walcott, Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Toby, Lalana, Shaw, Wanyama, Austin, Ö..it's a strange one isn't it. :niceone:

#23 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:10

According to a Talk Sport reporter at Spurs training ground just now ,Lloris trained but no signs of Eriksen,Dembele or Vertonghen. Seems therefore that they will not play tomorrow night.
Makes me wonder why Dembele played on Saturday when really he camtmplayntwomgames a week and also,why Jan was not taken off when he had the knock instead of playing on until half time.

Wonder if Poch will play a back four with Toby and Sanchez or drop Dier back to make a back three.
If it’s a back four could be any two,from,Winks,Dier,Sissoko and Wanyama at central midfield. I’d go Wanyama and Dier. We all know about Diers weaknesses but one thing About him is that he can get in somebody’s face.He could wind Suarez up a treat.

#24 User is online   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 02 October 2018 - 11:28

View Postgriff, on 02 October 2018 - 11:10, said:

According to a Talk Sport reporter at Spurs training ground just now ,Lloris trained but no signs of Eriksen,Dembele or Vertonghen. Seems therefore that they will not play tomorrow night.
Makes me wonder why Dembele played on Saturday when really he camtmplayntwomgames a week and also,why Jan was not taken off when he had the knock instead of playing on until half time.

Because the manager is under pressure, coupled with his confidence taking a hit. Partly his own doing, partly applied by criticism from the support after last season's semi final loss to United and partly because he tried to play poker with Doctor Evil, and he's realised that he won't win that one, even though he was being brave and risky. His bravery was found wanting by playing Dembo against Huddersfield, I don't believe Doctor E forced him into that one directly, although many will say it was because we did not sign a player good enough to take on Huddersfield this summer. :rolleyes:

Troy Deeney is to release a book apparently "Big Cajones" might be worth a read.

#25 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:59

OK so
no Dele, Eriksen, Aurier, Dembele or Jan confirmed by club...
but Hugo is back!

Not ideal at all. I'd be tempted to go for a back 3 still, with Dier, Sanchez and Toby. Hugo, Rose and Tripps, Wanyama & Winks, Lamela, Son, and Kane... with Lucas off the bench to scare their defenders on 60th minute.

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2018 - 18:41

10 at the back

#27 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2018 - 19:28

View Postwillyid82, on 02 October 2018 - 18:41, said:

10 at the back

on the goal line !

#28 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 02 October 2018 - 19:50

View PostSteveB, on 02 October 2018 - 19:28, said:

on the goal line !

With mourhino's bus

#29 User is offline   ChrisPienaar 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:25

The injury list looks depressing - no eriksen, alli, vertonghen, dembele

Lloris should be back though.....

#30 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:05

Looking forward to but also dreading tonightís match with so many injuries. Clearly Dembele should not have played on Saturday and who knows whether Jan might have been ok tonight if he had been taken off when he first had the knock against Huddersfield?
We are at home and need the win after the Milan surrender .Hope to God Poch does not rotate Rose for Davies.

Loris
Sanchez"..Alderweireld...Dier
Trippier...Winks...Wanyama....Rose
Lamela....Son
Kane

Bench... .Gazzaniga.. ..Walker-Peters... .Davies....Moura.. ..Sissoko... Llorente.. ..Pochettino.��

#31 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:46

I expect Skipp will make the bench tonight. Amos is also injured.

Griff that's the exact team I'd pick. Despite all the complaints about squad depth to have so many out and still be able to field that shows that I think it's better than some give credit for.

That's XI players who have shown real quality for us on at least a semi consistent basis. Winks needs a performance like Liverpool and Madrid from last season, if not better, and Lamela needs to have a huge match. Both are capable of doing so. COYS!

#32 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:00

I often find Balague self important and exaggerates his itk ridiculously, but this article about Barca / Spurs / Poch is pretty decent:
https://www.bbc.co.u...otball/45719302

This is actually a bigger game for Barca than us in some ways.

#33 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:03

View Posttomtom, on 03 October 2018 - 09:46, said:

I expect Skipp will make the bench tonight. Amos is also injured.

Griff that's the exact team I'd pick. Despite all the complaints about squad depth to have so many out and still be able to field that shows that I think it's better than some give credit for.

That's XI players who have shown real quality for us on at least a semi consistent basis. Winks needs a performance like Liverpool and Madrid from last season, if not better, and Lamela needs to have a huge match. Both are capable of doing so. COYS!

We all know Dier is very limited but he has that Ďin your face Ď attitude and if he can get at Suarez that could be effective. The same applies to Lamela, heís an aggressive little b ugger. Our best chance tonight is to go at them all gung ho,show them some aggressive English style football not European nonsense. Wear them out and then bring on Moura to add the finishing touch.

#34 User is offline   Lonspurs 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:34

View PostChrisPienaar, on 03 October 2018 - 06:25, said:

The injury list looks depressing - no eriksen, alli, vertonghen, dembele

Lloris should be back though.....

Well, anybody on here or any Spurs supporter anywhere could have told Levy we don't have a big enough squad and not enough depth.

Levy's great at business but depressing on football. Like many, I hope that he and Lewis sell out.

So basically, it looks like we have to face Barca without Eriksen, Dembele and Verts? No-one to thread a ball through like Christian, weaker at the back without Verts, and no-one to dribble like Dembele. If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

We're asking a bloody lot of Poch and the rest of the players to step up to the plate aren't we? I think a lot depends on the form of Moura and Son too.

If we're not at the races Barca will drill us easily. I'm still "hoping" for a Spurs win but I could be leading with my heart not my head.

#35 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 October 2018 - 14:49

On my way to Wembley!! COYS so so nervous

My head says 4-1 defeat
Heart says 2-1 to the mighty YIDDDDSSSSS

#36 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 17:11

View PostLonspurs, on 03 October 2018 - 12:34, said:

Well, anybody on here or any Spurs supporter anywhere could have told Levy we don't have a big enough squad and not enough depth.

Levy's great at business but depressing on football. Like many, I hope that he and Lewis sell out.

So basically, it looks like we have to face Barca without Eriksen, Dembele and Verts? No-one to thread a ball through like Christian, weaker at the back without Verts, and no-one to dribble like Dembele. If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

We're asking a bloody lot of Poch and the rest of the players to step up to the plate aren't we? I think a lot depends on the form of Moura and Son too.

If we're not at the races Barca will drill us easily. I'm still "hoping" for a Spurs win but I could be leading with my heart not my head.

What teams have depth to cover five first team injuries? Not many.

To be able to put out a team with Lamela, Son, Lucas, Kane, Sanchez and Toby & etc. is far better than we'd have managed in the past.

#37 User is offline   Stargazer 

• Youth Squad
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2018 - 17:44

I want Poch to prove us all wrong and make Spurs win 1-0. To prove to us that he was right not to buy any new players and make this season be different from all the other seasons in that not anymore will Spurs be the 'nearly team' but the team that will win competitions. Ah maybe I am just in a dream...

#38 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 03 October 2018 - 18:09

Come On You Spurs. 11 players vs 11 players. Man to Man, we can beat them. Come On You Spurs.
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#39 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 03 October 2018 - 18:14

Not happy with Davies playing at all. He is much slower than Danny and has not been playing well whereas Danny has been finding a good bit of form. Two full backs neither of whom are especially fast and two,central midfielders who must be ring rusty. Otherwise an attacking line up, perhaps a bit of gungnho,attacking tonight. Either a win or a heavy defeat...COYS

#40 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 03 October 2018 - 18:29

DAVIES OH FOR f*** SACK POCH

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic