• You cannot reply to this topic

Spurs v Cardiff

#21 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Spikey Spurs Fan
  • Interests:None

Posted 06 October 2018 - 16:02

Yep, missed a couple of easy ones, but confidence building for Lloris Winks Sissko.

1-0 clean sheet, and up to third 1 point off top, so to be there while not playing great says something at least.

#22 User is offline   Roshan 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Spurs Fan
  • Interests:Cooking, Travelling, Natural Therapy, Reading, Collecting Millitary Objects and swimming.

Posted 06 October 2018 - 16:10

3 points but what a poor performance. Just a shame not able to score more goals while Cardiff played with 10 men for 35 mins. Every Spurs playing today with Poch Need to sit down and watch the game again and realise if this performance worth the huge salaries they been paid for ???
BORN TO BE A SPURS FAN.

#23 User is offline   Spurs scout 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 16:33

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 October 2018 - 16:02, said:

Yep, missed a couple of easy ones, but confidence building for Lloris Winks Sissko.

1-0 clean sheet, and up to third 1 point off top, so to be there while not playing great says something at least.

If they had a decent striker we would be in trouble. I am concerned at the amount of chances teams are now creating against us, what happened to our defence.

#24 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 17:14

I'm afraid our defence isn't anywhere near what it was when we last played at WHL. That goes for the entire defensive unit, including rotational players. But we got bored of bus parking against us so now we play more open and that does allow the opposition more chances. There also seems to be a confidence problem at present.

#25 User is offline   SteveB 

• Subs Bench
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2018 - 17:41

Well we learnt today that HArry Kane is not a midfielder and that Lamela is showing what we have been missing for the last three years since we signed him.

All in all we created a whole host of chances and had we won by 3 or 4 it would have been a true reflection of the game.

And BB I think you are being very unfair on Harry Winks. No, he is not there yet, I would agree, but I would have in my team before Sisjoko any day of the week

#26 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2018 - 18:45

At the end of the day we have been pretty average yet sit with 18 points out of 24.

I think it is a testament to the manager how he has changed our on field mentality from what it has been before he arrived.

#27 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 19:02

View Postwillyid82, on 06 October 2018 - 18:45, said:

At the end of the day we have been pretty average yet sit with 18 points out of 24.

I think it is a testament to the manager how he has changed our on field mentality from what it has been before he arrived.

Best ever Prem start apparently, I presume that's best ever return from first 8 games. Heard it on the radio, so needs checking :niceone:

#28 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 October 2018 - 20:42

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 October 2018 - 19:02, said:

Best ever Prem start apparently, I presume that's best ever return from first 8 games. Heard it on the radio, so needs checking :niceone:

I have to admit it wasnít a great performance but another win, another 3 points, only a couple of points off top spot at the end of the weekend!! Not bad considering half our team are out injured and we havenít had a home ground etc well done Poch and the boys! Just need to sort out our champions league form after the international break

#29 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 06 October 2018 - 20:49

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 October 2018 - 19:02, said:

We have come so far under poch, can you imagine 4 years ago that we would be picking the bones out of a 1-0 win sitting third and still a little disappointed.

#30 User is offline   Parklaner 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 21:04

Spurs are 1 point of the top of the premier league despite having no stadium, a knackered striker & ten thousand injuries

Couple that with signing no players & having a drunk GK, everyone else should be scared once weíre a normal club again

Missed chances caused for uneasy afternoon & to be honest another under par performance but not surprising considering Wednesday nights efforts
3 pts is all that matters but going forward plenty of room for improvements

#31 User is offline   tomtom 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 October 2018 - 21:33

We've been playing poorly and won 6 out of 8.

Imagine what we'll do if things start to click.

#32 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 22:37

View Postwillyid82, on 06 October 2018 - 20:49, said:

We have come so far under poch, can you imagine 4 years ago that we would be picking the bones out of a 1-0 win sitting third and still a little disappointed.

If we managed to win the league, imagine how s*** faced Lloris would get :cheers:

#33 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 06 October 2018 - 22:44

View Poststokesie, on 04 October 2018 - 16:07, said:

I love warnock . Proper old school manager . Some of the promotions he gets with such limited talent is unbelievable . The poor bloke always pays the price in pl because he never gets backed financially . Would love to see him with money . Cardiff will get relegated , and warnock will inevitably get sacked , even though getting them promoted was a miracle .

These clubs really get above their station sometimes .

I actually think this will be a good game .

I think we will win but a draw would not surprise me at all.

Let himself down with his comments about that red card today. Trying to divert the focus onto Kane when it was a red all day long.

Just played the stereotype he is often labelled with.

#34 User is offline   willyid82 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 October 2018 - 00:05

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 October 2018 - 22:37, said:

If we managed to win the league, imagine how s*** faced Lloris would get :cheers:

More points than Cardiff

#35 User is offline   SpursDan 

• Spurs Legend

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:00

View PostYidio Yidio, on 06 October 2018 - 22:37, said:

Hahahha

On a serious note, Iíve seen weaknesses in City this year that I didnít see last season...Liverpool have hit a bit of a walk in recent weeks too! And Chelsea donít have a decent striker! Add to that united in turmoil and arsenal in transition......

I donít know..I guess im getting carried away but could we actually win the Premier League!? - itís well overdue weíve got the most combined points from the last 3 seasons

#36 User is offline   griff 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:04

View PostSpursDan, on 07 October 2018 - 05:00, said:

Hahahha

On a serious note, Iíve seen weaknesses in City this year that I didnít see last season...Liverpool have hit a bit of a walk in recent weeks too! And Chelsea donít have a decent striker! Add to that united in turmoil and arsenal in transition......

I donít know..I guess im getting carried away but could we actually win the Premier League!? - itís well overdue weíve got the most combined points from the last 3 seasons

Have Liverpool.Arsenal,Man Utd,,Man City and Chelsea spent all,their transfer budget in the Summer whilst ,if we actually have a budget, we can still buy in January?

Well Imreckoj Arsenal and Liverpool,will,not be able to,spend in January and if Mourinho stays United will not spend , in anticipation that he might be got rid of at the end of the season.

City and Chelsea can spend at any time.

Surely Levy must realise the error of not strengthening in the Summer. Moving into the new stadium without Champions LeGue football would seriously damage his changes of getting the level of naming rights money that he is holding out for.

#37 User is offline   Yidio Yidio 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:31

Griff, City could buy anything at any time if they wanted. We cannot, anyone we buy if January is likely not going to make an immediate impact.

City are missing De Bruyne IMO, and will certainly improve once he's fit.

Klopp's sides are now notorious for being cr@p at Christmas and suffering fatigue, but what a massive bonus they've had with the Sturridge turn around, Lucky f***s.

Goons are quietly getting their act together, they are fighting harder and staying in games. Their not giving up leads like they were. Lets hope Ozil goes missing again in the cold weather.

Chavski are benefitting from a Hazard purple patch and their renowned enthusiasm for a new manager, their spending isn't what it once was.

United, they were tripe for 70 minutes yesterday, but all the talk went from him getting the push, back to him being the great manager his CV suggests he is in 20 mins. Lets hope he stays and the players continue to show the misery his man management seems to create every club he's been at.

Everton & Wolves these two just highlight how the teams outside the top 6 have improved, there are reasons for their recent financial improvemnets, but along with Leicester and Watford, Palace and Spammers, they will take points out of the top 6.

Can we win it ? Of course, we're in the mix, and we will be trying. Are we good enough to beat City ? Nope.

#38 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:12

View PostSteveB, on 06 October 2018 - 17:41, said:

And BB I think you are being very unfair on Harry Winks. No, he is not there yet, I would agree, but I would have in my team before Sisjoko any day of the week

Yes a bit harsh i know but time will tell if he is premier level! unfortunately and like old spur i agree he could be another stephen clemence and a few others we have had who simply werent good enough.

Before old spur made his feelings known about winksy i also didnt really rate him but didnt see the need to write a post about it.....! i have to add this as i have been accused of plagiarism of others opionions on here which is laughable really.....! all i do is agree or disagree and in this case i agree with old spur .......! but he wrote it first.

Dont get me wrong though it would be great if winksly turns out to be a spurs great.
WTF do i know ?

#39 User is offline   stokesie 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 14:35

Hahahha

Were you pissed when you wrote this dan ? Ha ha ha . Win the league ?? Jesus wept ha ha ha .

Great to go into the break on a win , nothing worse than a loss right before it .

Great to get 3 points . Quite a strange game really . We could of had 5 , yet we also could have lost .
Sissoko , bless him . Lol.., to be fair to him, his movement off the ball was very good , he was actually trying to create things . Our football is so poor . It really is . This passing backwards around the defence is not what football is about . Even the fans were getting the hump with it.

But 3 points is what itís about I suppose . But remember arsenal are in the same , and they are very poor

#40 User is offline   Broadway Beagle 

• Spurs Hall Of Fame

Posted 07 October 2018 - 15:03

Hahahha

Overdue ! LOL

We have owners that are worse than what they have at the goons, spams and man utd.

One trophy is their record in 17 years of ownership and still some build up their hopes in these business people.

Profit is their aim not giving the fans something in the glass cabinet.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users